Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Aldershot_Rob
Re: Dr Royle is not clapping happy Ratings

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 am

Dr Royal, we all know S.A doesn't have the ******** to rectify this issue. Remember, this is the same bloke who trusted Barry Smith with his life, who sat on his hands all last season and who has now employed a rookie yes man with sparkly badges.
Searle is nothing but a bargain basement manager whom is hugely appealing to a chairman more accustomed to poundland than a football club.

Anyone expecting anything from this season will be disappointed once more. We've had to endure torrid football for far too long. The club feels like the recipient to Chinese water treatment. A long , painful drawn out death.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:23 am

Alex, I rarely post on here and frankly my appetite for football has all but disappeared. But you keep burying your head in the sand.

If you cannot see how the BoD have treated the club and supporters since they took over then you are part of the problem.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:33 pm
It was a shocker alright Jim.
Personally I think your rating for Mullings is lenient and I’d give Rance a 4 simply because his midfield partner gave him no help whatsoever. The second goal was awful but it looked like Hunt played the ball after Mitch called to take it.
Santos is worth a mention, didn’t set the world alight but helped Fletch put some va-va-voom into the last 15 minutes.
As for Danny, I’m pleased he isn’t trying to hide in his interview like GW did. But for me until he can learn to go straight 442 at home these results will continue.

Hi Chimpster99. Where can I find Danny's post match interview?

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:39 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 am
Danny Searle is not good enough for the job in hand. The BoD took the cheap option and offered the job to Barry Smith MK2. This will back fire once again and it proves once more the current board are charlatans who should not be trusted.
They will continue to shaft each and everyone of us until the well runs dry.

He has assembled a poor side who are fragile both mentally and physically and yet we are going to be involved in yet another dog fight with poodles.

As for attendances, expect them to continue dropping as more and more people realise their trousers are round their ankles whilst the Smiling Assassin maintains his status quo.
I actually understand the gamble taken by the BOD, my biggest issue with it there was no structure in place to support someone so young and green around the gills. They should have had in place an experienced older head to help both assist in interviewing and then supporting manager, someone who still has contacts to support and an eye for a decent player. Someone who can act as both ambassador for the Club and someone able to help in match day set up and arrangements ......... So I go back to somebody like a Terry Brown who knows enough about our Club and would provide great support to both a greenhorn manager and the higher levels of the Club and its running of. That's my opinion and I'll not be moved on it.

We now have a Manager in place who looks like he has assembled a poor quality squad, little contacts to call upon for help, a coach whose only experience in that role was in Essex Senior League and now has a side spiraling into a relegation certain spot. I feel for the Bloke, but remain thinking the job too big for him and too soon in his managerial career, that or he really isn't cut out for being a Manager.

And now the BOD are going to find themselves in a constant defending place until results on the pitch improve and folk see some sort of progression. If they are really strapped for money and in an impossible position to improve the playing squad then someone has to be brave enough to stand up and say so. Trying to paint a more colourful outlook is like asking a five year old to paint an exact replica of the Mona Lisa.

A whole sorry mess that in my humble opinion could have easily been avoided. I'm now expecting nothing less than a continuation of unattractive mis-match of football with an insistence of only playing one Striker up front with very little quality behind that player and no fecker brave enough to take appropriate actions to rectify it all until its too late.

I'm now thankful to be away on hols with very little contact via WiFi, gives me time to calm down before my next trek to Chorley away.

:(

Excellent post Dr. 100% agree.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 am

Alex, with all due respect, your opinion is the least I take any notice of. You always start off by being biggest Mr Nice Guy on here but your like a pet snake, sooner or later you know your gonna get bitten by it.

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 am
Dr Royal, we all know S.A doesn't have the ******** to rectify this issue. Remember, this is the same bloke who trusted Barry Smith with his life, who sat on his hands all last season and who has now employed a rookie yes man with sparkly badges.
Searle is nothing but a bargain basement manager whom is hugely appealing to a chairman more accustomed to poundland than a football club.

Anyone expecting anything from this season will be disappointed once more. We've had to endure torrid football for far too long. The club feels like the recipient to Chinese water treatment. A long , painful drawn out death.

I feel you pain Aldershot Rob. We have had to endure torrid football for far too long. We have seen ONE decent league campaign since 2011. That of course, as we know was the season 16/17 culminating in the Tranmere play off defeat.

It does feel like the club are suffering a long, painful drawn out death as you rightly say. Personally speaking I think the club have stagnated so badly, that it will be a matter of time before even the die hards say `enough is enough`. There can`t be many supporters of a club like ours, who have had to endure so many `thin` seasons, with nowt to celebrate.

What`s the odds on another financial loss next spring time? It feels to me that the club are like a ticking time bomb.

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:14 am

You are right Alex, no point in worrying about relegation in September, it's already a certainty unless someone steps in and kicks out the useless BOD.and rest of the team.
I've said it before and I will not change my mind SA has not got a clue of how to run a football club.
It is so frustrating being in Australia hoping to be able to listen to the commentary of the game which starts at 10-00 pm for me and then listening to absolute crap.
The best part of the commentary is the commentator who I give full marks to. It must be so hard watching such rubbish and trying to make it sound interesting

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:23 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 am
Alex, with all due respect, your opinion is the least I take any notice of
🤷🏻‍♂️ good 👍🏻

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:39 am

Alex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 am
I believe that just about sums things up I’m afraid
Does it?

The usual few are complaining about Azeem and the BoD (I’ve never understood why) so that represents how most of us are feeling? Wrong.

I find it strange (but not surprising on here!) that some have already decided Danny Searle is not a manager after just 9 (yes nine) matches of our season season.

Am I disappointed with a couple of performances I’ve seen? Yes definitely.

But I’m certainly not going to start worrying about relegation in September!
Sorry Alex but we are fast heading for relegation and who will save us this time? Maybe 3 down instead of 4 might save us if it’s 3 down because of bury’s unfortunate demise!

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:05 am

Game versus Torquay, I switched off at HT as it was embarrassing to watch. Couldn't make the Sutton game, but yesterday I went along thinking it will get better starting from today.

How wrong I was, in fact, I could have left after an hour. This was a very bad performance yesterday with the Manager making odd substitutions the way he did.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:10 am

bordon shot wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:05 am
with the Manager making odd substitutions the way he did
Please can I ask you to explain what you mean?

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:15 am

Alex, I think you’re an intelligent bloke but even an earwig would accept we’re on our way to Chippenham!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 am

shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 am

I feel you pain Aldershot Rob. We have had to endure torrid football for far too long. We have seen ONE decent league campaign since 2011. That of course, as we know was the season 16/17 culminating in the Tranmere play off defeat.

It does feel like the club are suffering a long, painful drawn out death as you rightly say. Personally speaking I think the club have stagnated so badly, that it will be a matter of time before even the die hards say `enough is enough`. There can`t be many supporters of a club like ours, who have had to endure so many `thin` seasons, with nowt to celebrate.

What`s the odds on another financial loss next spring time? It feels to me that the club are like a ticking time bomb.

The die yards are saying "enough is enough". There was a post on here yesterday from a guy who has been a supporter for 50 years. He said that's it for him.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:15 am
Alex, I think you’re an intelligent bloke but even an earwig would accept we’re on our way to Chippenham!
Not wanting to discuss relegation.

Just wondering what bordon shot means about yesterday’s subs and the timings of them etc?

Grayshott

Post by Grayshott » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:24 pm

You would hope that anyone being paid as a professional sportsman would have ambition to be as good as they could be. Surely it is part of the selection process, by the manager, to choose players who have ambition, rather than just go through the motions. There is no reason why a Shots player should not be as fit as a Premier League player. Both are full time sports people and the only difference I can see should be skill/ability.

Does the lower league player train less hard than the Premier League player - if so why..??

In fact, the less skilled player needs to practice more, not less. Harry Kane takes between 10 and 50 penalties every training session. Is that why he is good at penalties? How often does the Shots penalty taker practice..?

Choosing players without ambition is a recipe for disaster and is 100% managers fault. Not training and practicing to a high level is also the manager's fault.

If they are full time pros, they should give 100% - like in any skilled profession.