Academy Players - Lip Service?

redandbluescb
Re: Academy Players - Lip Service?

Post by redandbluescb » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Our 1st team players are not good enough for this league if our youth players cant get in this team they
are obviously not good enough for this level of football.

Chobham Shot

Post by Chobham Shot » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:35 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:15 am
However to test someone at the higher level you do need to ensure that you do it at a time when its appropriate to do so ideally when we are winning a game with a comfortable lead
They'll all be 25 years old by th time that happens 😁
Or perhaps we just need to wait until we get drawn against a minnow in the trophy so we can bed(ford) them in.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:46 am

Any half decent youngsters that might end up playing in the National League will be in Reading, Southampton or any number of London clubs academies. Times have changed and clubs at our level can’t compete. I think it’s very unlikely we’ll see a youngster from our own academy breaking through to the first team any time soon. The evidence of the last 10 years would certainly suggest that Is the case.

FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:30 am

I think they should at least get a 5 or 10 minute run towards the end of a game.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 am

Danny pre-season - We will use Academy Players as they are part of squad & club ethos now (or words of similar nature used )

Danny now - We will use Academy Players if they prove themselves in training and are actually ready for consideration

Lip Service?

My guess is the BOD were keen to save dosh and push for youth to do more, so telling us and BOD that was part of his plans makes sense. Implementing it ........different kettle of fish.

In so many ways now Danny is saying pretty much same as GW did, and he makes same errors.

Like I say (so many times now) couldn't care less what Managers say, its what they do I'm interested in and what I see as improvements. They can talk and promise me The Moon On A Stick for all I care, three points and no fear of relegation is all I care about, play off, promotion and champions are just distant dreams, I'll go on the wobble juice if we are mid table boredomists !!

BillB

Post by BillB » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:45 am

Sounds like your old self Jimbo, but you'd need a bloody big stick to hold the moon..... [Te! He! He! He!]