National league Highlight show - Mullings in trouble?

aldershot-jg
National league Highlight show - Mullings in trouble?

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Having just watched the highlight show they showed a clip of Mullings clearly swinging an arm into the back of a Barrow players head (the big no.4 I think) and leaving him on the floor. Didn’t look good and if that was Premier League there would be retrospective action and a certain ban, don’t think it works the same way in National League so probably very lucky that it wasn’t seen.

Mick Earls Fan Club
Re: National league Highlight show - Mullings in trouble?

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:13 pm

Likewise just seen that clip.

The National League can't ignore it can they? Or as the officials didn't see it , does it go unpunished?

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:12 pm

Would we really miss him if he got a three game ban.
Didn’t attend the game Saturday but I believe he was a tad lazy ?
Bringing in the loan players has obviously had no desired affect on the first 11 fighting to keep their places.
Hopefully Danny as some balls on Saturday and makes a few positive changes.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:43 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:39 pm
Having just watched the highlight show they showed a clip of Mullings clearly swinging an arm into the back of a Barrow players head (the big no.4 I think) and leaving him on the floor. Didn’t look good and if that was Premier League there would be retrospective action and a certain ban, don’t think it works the same way in National League so probably very lucky that it wasn’t seen.

Well it should do. Coward.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:03 am

Thought Mullings had already started his 3 match ban on Saturday afternoon. :o

Giles

Post by Giles » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 am

If the ref didn't see it & no action taken at the time then I'll be amazed if there is no repercussions, the mere fact that we are talking about it on here means that it hasn't gone unnoticed. He can join JBA, Ribena Rowe & Ollie O'Dwyer who I believe have started a business venture on how to earn ££££ staying at home.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:07 am

Ribena Rowe ha

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 am

As good as the number 4 was in controlling the midfield he was also trying to get Mullings into trouble all afternoon.

Looks like he went to ground far too easily in this incident, just the same as the couple of times on the halfway line after challenging for the ball with Shamir.

He got away with a girly slap, the number 4 didn’t seem to complain or moan after he got up and was on the winning side. Everyone should now move on...

Shots91

Post by Shots91 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:03 pm

Yes Alex your right we should move on from it, like you I was at the game and your right with number 4 we all know what his game play was. He obviously got the better of mullings in the end and mullings reacted.

We know it was probably soft and he made a meal of it but I dont think the national league would see it like that. To them it may seem like a violent contact and could easily give him a suspension for it.

Hopefully not as we're short on fit players as it is.
Alot of people will probably hope he does, that may give alex fletcher a chance.
It may be a good thing for mullings to sit on the sidelines for a few games it may get his arse in gear and pull his socks up!

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:32 pm

It looks like Mullings is the new McClure reading some of the comments. Lanternhall with his usual barbed comments is not untypical of him.

I found it a bit sad that shots fans thought it would be a nice gesture to chear when his number came up to be subbed. I always thought Shots fans were better than that, fair enough, he got praised last week when he had a good game against webbed feet. But bleeding heck, shots fans are certainly fickle in these modern times.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:05 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:32 pm
It looks like Mullings is the new McClure reading some of the comments. Lanternhall with his usual barbed comments is not untypical of him.

I found it a bit sad that shots fans thought it would be a nice gesture to chear when his number came up to be subbed. I always thought Shots fans were better than that, fair enough, he got praised last week when he had a good game against webbed feet. But bleeding heck, shots fans are certainly fickle in these modern times.
I agree that whilst his performance on Saturday was frustrating it didn’t merit vitriol that supporters aimed at him. Danny should have seen that Mullings head wasn’t in it much sooner than he did.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:24 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:05 pm
bordon shot wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:32 pm

I agree that whilst his performance on Saturday was frustrating it didn’t merit vitriol that supporters aimed at him. Danny should have seen that Mullings head wasn’t in it much sooner than he did.
Exactly !, if Searle had done his job properly, & subbed him much earlier, then the jeering wouldn't have happened.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:24 pm

I don't mean to come across as trying to be saintly here but I have never jeered at one of our players in all the years of supporting the shots and never will, as it serves no useful purpose and just further demotivates a player who is probably already about rock bottom if they have had a bad game. I admit I have occasionally not applauded a player but that's usually because they have done something really stupid like get sent off for dissent or as was quite common in our Ryman days scrapping with an opposition player.

No player sets out to have a bad game but just like many of us in whatever our profession is (or was) you can have a bad day which somehow gets worse not better and getting on their back over it does nothing but drag them down further.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Mullings jeering was more likely to be in total frustration of the teams performance and Danny's lack of Plan B tactics (getting forwards on earlier and more of them instead of the Lone One up front) and not just Shamir's poor game (just being honest).

Like I've said before, my patience has worn thin already and I'm being totally honest when I say cannot see our Manager offering us anything improvement wise. Granted GW destroyed me a lot last season so has a lot to do with how I feel now, watching dire home performances is killing me off !! If it continues the jeering will quickly turn more to Danny and louder, surely I'm not alone in thinking that?

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:49 pm

The jeering at Mullings substitution has parallels to that infamous one with Marvin Morgan all those years ago, but we have not had a silly "tweet" about what happened.

Mullings was just not in it on Saturday and I think he knew it, but a fundamental problem, which against parallels the Marvin Morgan thing, is that he is left up from by himself too often and has little in the way of support. This in turn has to sap confidence as you are made to look poor because you are outnumbered.

That ridiculous tactic along with short corners are one of banes of this club at the moment.