Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

lanternhall
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by lanternhall » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Redshot66 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:45 pm
I think it’s obvious DS was an appointment based on finances so I would imagine he won’t be dismissed any time soon,the club have bigger concerns at present ref finance.
I hope he succeeds he is a nice guy and I believe he will be given the time to achieve this.
Most sensible post that I have read for a long time. I totally agree with you.

DH

Post by DH » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:32 pm

I think DS said he was treating the game as a first team game purely to make the youth players taking part feel as though they were important and taking part in a game that meant something.

The fact that we played virtually an entire youth defence, and conceded four goals showing they are not good enough for the hurly burly of the National League in my view, plus a trialist plus some giving some squad players some minutes and some on pitch time for Rowe suggests to me that in terms of winning the thing, this was still a very low priority.

I thought so before the game and am even more certain of that now.

Why play youth players and say that you don't give a monkeys about the tournament? How is that motivational?

In my opinion DS achieved what he set out to do - take a look at some youth players in a competitive situation, look at a trialist and give game time to those who needed it and to hell with the result.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:04 pm

WTF wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:24 am
There is a clear apathy that defeats no matter in what competition do not matter as such. In business and yes this Club is a business, any losses have to be viewed and reviewed so they dont happen again. M & S are today reviewing their drop in profit so far this year. Perhaps its time for the BOD to do the same viz on the pitch playing wise and off the pitch the drop in gates etc.

It makes business sense
It was the BOD that chose DS to be the manager, so what makes you think they would make a good decision when reviewing the situation at the club?

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:07 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:37 am
The Hampshire Cup is even more of a waste of time than the FA Trophy - if we would've of won it most couldn't careless anyhow. The fact he said we were taking it seriously is a throw away comment.

DS should be judged on our league position whilst considering the circumstances he's had to work with. Did actually anyone think we would be challenging for the playoffs this season?

Memory serves me right that the bookmakers had us firm favourites to be relegated, finishing bottom so they knew our predicament but this isn't the case.

The patience a lot of fans have shown is embarrassing, beating the drum he's a car salesman or his certificates are worthless is completely disrespectful.

Although not doing brilliantly DS hasn't done that bad and the team isn't far off being a mid table team so should be given a decent chance to carry this through.

Searle IN IN IN
It's a bit baffling Oliver how behind Searle you are based on where we are in the league and the performences so far, despite the fact that you were almost foaming at the mouth at Waddock last season for a similar level of performance.

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:04 pm
WTF wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:24 am
There is a clear apathy that defeats no matter in what competition do not matter as such. In business and yes this Club is a business, any losses have to be viewed and reviewed so they dont happen again. M & S are today reviewing their drop in profit so far this year. Perhaps its time for the BOD to do the same viz on the pitch playing wise and off the pitch the drop in gates etc.

It makes business sense
It was the BOD that chose DS to be the manager, so what makes you think they would make a good decision when reviewing the situation at the club?
You make a very good point

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:46 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:07 pm
Oliver11 wrote:
The Hampshire Cup is even more of a waste of time than the FA Trophy - if we would've of won it most couldn't careless anyhow. The fact he said we were taking it seriously is a throw away comment.

DS should be judged on our league position whilst considering the circumstances he's had to work with. Did actually anyone think we would be challenging for the playoffs this season?

Memory serves me right that the bookmakers had us firm favourites to be relegated, finishing bottom so they knew our predicament but this isn't the case.

The patience a lot of fans have shown is embarrassing, beating the drum he's a car salesman or his certificates are worthless is completely disrespectful.

Although not doing brilliantly DS hasn't done that bad and the team isn't far off being a mid table team so should be given a decent chance to carry this through.

Searle IN IN IN
It's a bit baffling Oliver how behind Searle you are based on where we are in the league and the performences so far, despite the fact that you were almost foaming at the mouth at Waddock last season for a similar level of performance.
I’m glad it wasn’t me that pointed that out.
It’s about as inconsistent as our results.

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:00 pm

I would question if any of the people who are calling for the Managers head have ever managed anything themselves.
The brief was we have very little money to spend on players and you will have to start from scratch regards the team.
We are not expecting miracles, but keeping the club in this division will suffice for now.
If you can do better than the previous season you'll do for us.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:19 pm

shotshammo wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:00 pm
I would question if any of the people who are calling for the Managers head have ever managed anything themselves.
The brief was we have very little money to spend on players and you will have to start from scratch regards the team.
We are not expecting miracles, but keeping the club in this division will suffice for now.
If you can do better than the previous season you'll do for us.
That's not what I remember the chairman saying

But with Azeem predicting a “competitive” budget, which he admits will not be far off the finances the Shots had in 2018-19, the chairman is not expecting the club to go part-time even if they are relegated to the National League South.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.getsur ... 244130.amp

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:37 pm

Some proper made up stuff, that comes out on here. Short memories.
The only thing we can all see is the here and now and it’s sadly lacking.
Will changing the manager improve it. Only time will tell but we are being successful so far.

Turnkey

Post by Turnkey » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:59 pm

Alex wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:35 am
Headley Shot wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:19 am
I’m quite encouraged by DS’s pre match interview and the subsequent defeat.
It seems to me that DS is probably coming under considerable pressure from the BOD and they are as unhappy as the rest of us with his job performance so far.
There can be no other explanation for the pre match bluster other than a man struggling to keep his job and desperately attempting to keep PC at all costs.
It looks to me that he is being set up for an early departure and I’m pleased about that. This is a poor quality squad and he had plenty of time to recruit and train these players already. It’s just a question of how much it’s going to cost to get rid.
I’m not sure that any Shots business plan for a new stadium can be justified if the football side and support is going backwards so I think a new manager must be appointed ASAP.
Absolute nonsense.
Oh really? Care to tell us why?

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Quietobserver re.
But with Azeem predicting a “competitive” budget, which he admits will not be far off the finances the Shots had in 2018-19, the chairman is not expecting the club to go part-time even if they are relegated to the National League South.
We all know how competitive that budget turned out to be last season. That was with an established squad.
Can you not read between the lines.
What makes business sense is not repeating last years performance.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Turnkey wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:59 pm
Alex wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:35 am
Headley Shot wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:19 am
I’m quite encouraged by DS’s pre match interview and the subsequent defeat.
It seems to me that DS is probably coming under considerable pressure from the BOD and they are as unhappy as the rest of us with his job performance so far.
There can be no other explanation for the pre match bluster other than a man struggling to keep his job and desperately attempting to keep PC at all costs.
It looks to me that he is being set up for an early departure and I’m pleased about that. This is a poor quality squad and he had plenty of time to recruit and train these players already. It’s just a question of how much it’s going to cost to get rid.
I’m not sure that any Shots business plan for a new stadium can be justified if the football side and support is going backwards so I think a new manager must be appointed ASAP.
Absolute nonsense.
Oh really? Care to tell us why?
Doubt you’ll get more than a 2 word response from Alex. Gives him more time to knock one off.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:07 pm
Oliver11 wrote:

Searle IN IN IN
Baffling......comparing last season with a manager / team that went 21 games without a win and 8 home matches without scoring setting countless unwanted records is totally different to this side / manager.

We aren't in the relegation zone and playing better football than Waddock's side. Added to this Waddock had 3 seasons back and countless signings to put things right but didn't with a body language of a beaten man all season.

Searle has just walked through the door with little preparation for the season, remained upbeat even though many fans are on his back - Mouse, The Doctor etc.

Waddock deserved to go at Xmas and maybe Searle if things get worse but at the moment warrants more time as 2/3 wins and we are mid table and many saying they are glad they stuck by him.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:36 pm

shotshammo wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 pm
Quietobserver re.
We all know how competitive that budget turned out to be last season. That was with an established squad.
Can you not read between the lines.
What makes business sense is not repeating last years performance.
That's pure speculation on your behalf. Just because the last couple of seasons have been poor, that doesn't mean the budget has been uncompetitive.

It could just be that the managers haven't managed said budget very well.

I'd imagine the budget has been good enough to be mid table.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:30 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:12 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:46 pm
AberdeenShots wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:40 pm
Better off out of that pile of utter nonsense, IMVHO.
100%, people wetting their undies over a competition we last took seriously when Dallas was still on!

Ah well, Ewing some, you lose some.
Good one, Oliver