Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post Reply
Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 809
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:22 pm

scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 am
Wakefield Shots wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 pm


Was that the one where we got p****d wet through on their open terrace, and Murray Brodie missed a sitter equalise?
I was at that game. Yes it was 1980. I went on a supporter coach. The days when away coaches used to get stoned a lot.
A weedy bunch? ;)
I'm not sure what you mean scorp, so if it's a joke I apologise for not being on your wavelength.

scorp
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by scorp » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:10 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:22 pm
scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 am


I was at that game. Yes it was 1980. I went on a supporter coach. The days when away coaches used to get stoned a lot.
A weedy bunch? ;)
I'm not sure what you mean scorp, so if it's a joke I apologise for not being on your wavelength.
People get stoned on weed. I was once on a coach when 90% of the trippers [to India and Nepal] were off their heads on weed, some of the time in Afghanistan.

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 809
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:35 pm

scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:10 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:22 pm
scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am


A weedy bunch? ;)
I'm not sure what you mean scorp, so if it's a joke I apologise for not being on your wavelength.
People get stoned on weed. I was once on a coach when 90% of the trippers [to India and Nepal] were off their heads on weed, some of the time in Afghanistan.

Now I get it. Green or Brown? :D I'll try to avoid cannabis puns - I'd only make a hash of it.

BillB
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by BillB » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:37 pm

Or even leb gold...... It didn't look very gold to me.

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 809
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Any resin gags will probably be blocked.

Fuggletim
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by Fuggletim » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Wakefield Shots wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 pm
Fuggletim wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:18 pm
Of course who remembers where we were when the world found out who shot JR?

Losing 1-0 Away to Oxford Utd in the FA Cup I recall! Was that really in 1980?
Was that the one where we got p****d wet through on their open terrace, and Murray Brodie missed a sitter equalise?

Yep, that long walk back through the rain to the Station and then meeting with that depressed load of Pompey supporters on the train at Guildford coming back from their FA Cup defeat. Miserable day, but I got Malcolm Crosb's autograph!

Shots1954
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:32 pm

scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 am
Wakefield Shots wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 pm


Was that the one where we got p****d wet through on their open terrace, and Murray Brodie missed a sitter equalise?
I was at that game. Yes it was 1980. I went on a supporter coach. The days when away coaches used to get stoned a lot.
A weedy bunch? ;)
I bet that comment went up in a cloud of smoke!

scorp
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by scorp » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:31 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:32 pm
scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:33 am


I was at that game. Yes it was 1980. I went on a supporter coach. The days when away coaches used to get stoned a lot.
A weedy bunch? ;)
I bet that comment went up in a cloud of smoke!
It's now drifting along quite well...

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:41 pm
Wakefield Shots wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 pm
Fuggletim wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:18 pm
Of course who remembers where we were when the world found out who shot JR?

Losing 1-0 Away to Oxford Utd in the FA Cup I recall! Was that really in 1980?
Was that the one where we got p****d wet through on their open terrace, and Murray Brodie missed a sitter equalise?

Yep, that long walk back through the rain to the Station and then meeting with that depressed load of Pompey supporters on the train at Guildford coming back from their FA Cup defeat. Miserable day, but I got Malcolm Crosb's autograph!
The manor ground, did that walk just the once, Oxford v Arsenal March 1988, 0-0, previous night Aldershot 0-0 Blackpool in division 3, they were the glory days!

WTF
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by WTF » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:42 pm

scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:31 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:32 pm
scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am


A weedy bunch? ;)
I bet that comment went up in a cloud of smoke!
It's now drifting along quite well...
There is no smoke without fire!

Richard Petty
Posts: 866
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:35 pm
scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:10 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:22 pm


I'm not sure what you mean scorp, so if it's a joke I apologise for not being on your wavelength.
People get stoned on weed. I was once on a coach when 90% of the trippers [to India and Nepal] were off their heads on weed, some of the time in Afghanistan.

Now I get it. Green or Brown? :D I'll try to avoid cannabis puns - I'd only make a hash of it.
All these talk of drugs, the threads going to pot again

WTF
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by WTF » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:31 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:35 pm
scorp wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:10 pm


People get stoned on weed. I was once on a coach when 90% of the trippers [to India and Nepal] were off their heads on weed, some of the time in Afghanistan.

Now I get it. Green or Brown? :D I'll try to avoid cannabis puns - I'd only make a hash of it.
All these talk of drugs, the threads going to pot again
Beginning to sound like a Can of Biss to me!

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 809
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:52 pm

WTF wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:31 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:35 pm



Now I get it. Green or Brown? :D I'll try to avoid cannabis puns - I'd only make a hash of it.
All these talk of drugs, the threads going to pot again
Beginning to sound like a Can of Biss to me!
I'm struggling to make sensimilia of it all.

WTF
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by WTF » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:52 pm
WTF wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:31 pm


All these talk of drugs, the threads going to pot again
Beginning to sound like a Can of Biss to me!
I'm struggling to make sensimilia of it all.
Lol!👍

scorp
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by scorp » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:42 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:52 pm
WTF wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:31 pm


All these talk of drugs, the threads going to pot again
Beginning to sound like a Can of Biss to me!
I'm struggling to make sensimilia of it all.
You need some flower power. Or maybe not :wink:


Post Reply