Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Pip@B
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by Pip@B » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 am

Sounds like they were a right shower.

ACA

Post by ACA » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 pm
Alex, you and I are usually pretty much on the same page and I continue to be supportive of the manager and the team however you cannot gloss over the fact that this is a particularly poor result.
I'm not sure what is more tedious - this absurdly over-positive Alex, or the absurdly over-critical Alex of years gone by. Sometimes a bad result is just that.

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 pm
It cannot be argued that we didn't take it seriously and that we are not bothered about dropping out of the competition when the manager made it clear he wanted to progress and put out a significantly strong side to do so. With no offence to Moneyfields the gap between our league levels should have meant a resounding victory for us tonight.

Am I overly concerned we are out of the Hampshire cup no I am not but am I concerned that such a strong side got beaten by a side so far below us yes I am and I would imagine (and hope) so is Danny tonight.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject. We've been fairly regularly beaten in the early rounds of the Hants Cup for the last few seasons - nobody has been particularly bothered as everyone has accepted that this is a reserve team competition and we've played kids (with maybe one or two fringe players involved). However, DS made it very clear before this fixture that he was taking it seriously - presumably, he was hoping to build some sort of winning mentality and a little bit of momentum that we could carry into our league campaign. In those circumstances, to lose 4-3 (having been 0-3 down at one point) against a team in the Southern League Division One South is embarrassing. Folk can't be told "we're going to take this seriously" and then be criticised for questioning why we couldn't overcome a part-time side from several leagues below us.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:28 am

The competition isn't important. Danny made a rod for his own back when he said we are taking it seriously.

The most important and very concerning thing is that we had seven first team squad players playing and we lost 4_3 to a team in the Southern League Division 1.

Staffs shot

Post by Staffs shot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:38 am

It needs the BOD to grow a pair and sack this clown now searle is completely and utterly out of his depth hsc or not the result is a complete embarrassment he and his staff are an embarrassment just go

Staffs shot

Post by Staffs shot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:45 am

Same old car salesman spiel previewing our next game can't even listen to the interview anymore, it's the same old c**p how on this planet did this clown get the job. I was at St.Georges Park Saturday staying there at the hilton and during the day bumped into Liam Daish who I spoke to and said in jest you should try for the Aldershot job his response was and I quote " I applied but never got an interview"

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:04 am

Staffs shot wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:45 am
Same old car salesman spiel previewing our next game can't even listen to the interview anymore, it's the same old c**p how on this planet did this clown get the job. I was at St.Georges Park Saturday staying there at the hilton and during the day bumped into Liam Daish who I spoke to and said in jest you should try for the Aldershot job his response was and I quote " I applied but never got an interview"
Liam Daish was interviewed in 2015 whilst I was a director and I voted for him to get the job. Barry won the vote 5-1.
Whether he applied this time just gone only the current directors could tell you that
More importantly I don't think the club will or can change the current situation so we must all be fully behind the team on the pitch UTS

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:13 am

ACA wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 am
Folk can't be told "we're going to take this seriously" and then be criticised for questioning why we couldn't overcome a part-time side from several leagues below us.
Good point. And - 0-3 down again (similar Bromley) before some kind of comeback to paper over the cracks.

#horsebolted

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:22 am

I am very torn. The guy interviews well and you can't help but like him. But seven squad players and you go 3_0 down to a part time side and then end up losing 4_3 in a game the manager says we take seriously.

Something not right somewhere.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:24 am

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:13 am
ACA wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 am
Folk can't be told "we're going to take this seriously" and then be criticised for questioning why we couldn't overcome a part-time side from several leagues below us.
Good point. And - 0-3 down again (similar Bromley) before some kind of comeback to paper over the cracks.

#horsebolted
I can see Danny Searles response already..., "we did score 3 good goals" :lol:

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:24 am

There is a clear apathy that defeats no matter in what competition do not matter as such. In business and yes this Club is a business, any losses have to be viewed and reviewed so they dont happen again. M & S are today reviewing their drop in profit so far this year. Perhaps its time for the BOD to do the same viz on the pitch playing wise and off the pitch the drop in gates etc.

It makes business sense
Last edited by WTF on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:25 am

lanternhall wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:28 am
Danny made a rod for his own back when he said we are taking it seriously.

Therein lies the problem. Conceding 4 on that ground isn't acceptable, regardless.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:26 am

lanternhall wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:22 am
I am very torn. The guy interviews well and you can't help but like him. But seven squad players and you go 3_0 down to a part time side and then end up losing 4_3 in a game the manager says we take seriously.

Something not right somewhere.
I think deep down, he's out of his depth here, but the players aren't helping him either.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:37 am

The Hampshire Cup is even more of a waste of time than the FA Trophy - if we would've of won it most couldn't careless anyhow. The fact he said we were taking it seriously is a throw away comment.

DS should be judged on our league position whilst considering the circumstances he's had to work with. Did actually anyone think we would be challenging for the playoffs this season?

Memory serves me right that the bookmakers had us firm favourites to be relegated, finishing bottom so they knew our predicament but this isn't the case.

The patience a lot of fans have shown is embarrassing, beating the drum he's a car salesman or his certificates are worthless is completely disrespectful.

Although not doing brilliantly DS hasn't done that bad and the team isn't far off being a mid table team so should be given a decent chance to carry this through.

Searle IN IN IN

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:39 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:04 am
Staffs shot wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:45 am
Liam Daish was interviewed in 2015 whilst I was a director and I voted for him to get the job. Barry won the vote 5-1.
Whether he applied this time just gone only the current directors could tell you that
More importantly I don't think the club will or can change the current situation so we must all be fully behind the team on the pitch UTS
It would be interesting to know who was "overlooked" for the job this time?

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:43 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:19 pm
Alex wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:58 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:41 pm

No goalkeeper?
A mix and match back 5 (young keeper, 2 trialists, 1 youth teamer and teachers pet) who had probably never played together before this evening.
KLF used as the main CB and captain/leader! 😂

Don’t care about the result and us being knocked out of a local competition (hope the moaning on here since FT is just some of you messing about) but the defeat probably proves 3 or 4 of the first team squad players who were involved aren’t good enough for our current Saturday league level!

Ah well, bring on the Daggers! ⚽️🍺🍺🍺
So once again Alex , you are ok with 7 first team squad member being beaten by a load of part time bin men ?
You can’t see the problems we have from top to bottom.
I despair. We went into this to win it tonight. Being ok with it, is half the reason why this club is going no where atm.
And no I’m not messing about. :oops:
It doesn't really make any difference what Alex thinks, he doesn't pick the team, hire the manager or bankroll the club, he is a SUPPORTER and chooses not to get all worked up over something that he has no control over. My mood is always better after a win or at least a good performance but I will not let my team losing a game(s) send me into a hissy fit. We're not very good and skint, I've learnt to live with it, I cannot change things anyway, nor can Alex, neither can you. Just my humble of course.