Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

shotshammo
Re: Match Day Thread - Moneyfields (Hants Cup)

Post by shotshammo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 am

Can we finish this argument re. Taking it seriously. If this was the case we would have put in a more experienced Goalkeeper.
It was a run out for squad players that needed to convince the Manager and themselves they were fit.
One can argue that having players that had rarely or never played together before was not taking the result seriously. End of.
If you want to argue a bit more re. Seriously. Yes the Manager was sending out a serious message to his squad players.
This will tell me how ready you are for starting in a game. :)

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:17 am

P.S. He probably told them at half time, we can't afford for any of you to get injured.
Reading between the lines, there are more important things than the Hampshire Cup. :wink:

Giles

Post by Giles » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:17 am

This game has really shown up the difference between what Danny says & what Danny does, bigs it up pre-match as if this is a cup we want to win but then doesn't back it up, It leaves me confused & struggling to believe a word he says, persoanlly I dont give a rats a*se about the hants cup, loved it in the 90s-00s while we were on our way up & had some great nights out watching it but those days are long gone. But the actual game isn't really the point of this story.

Dobbin

Post by Dobbin » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:19 am

More like Danny was true to his word and sent out a side which he considered more than capable of winning. I think he learned a lot about some of his players last night.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 am

Giles wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:17 am
This game has really shown up the difference between what Danny says & what Danny does, bigs it up pre-match as if this is a cup we want to win but then doesn't back it up, It leaves me confused & struggling to believe a word he says, persoanlly I dont give a rats a*se about the hants cup, loved it in the 90s-00s while we were on our way up & had some great nights out watching it but those days are long gone. But the actual game isn't really the point of this story.
I'm not a fan of any manager that talks a good game, they need to deliver and that's not what we are experiencing here sadly.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:03 am

Giles wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:17 am
This game has really shown up the difference between what Danny says & what Danny does, bigs it up pre-match as if this is a cup we want to win
What do you expect him to say pre match?

"I don't give a rats arse about this competition"?

Something similar happened last year in the Trophy and there was a fair bit of abuse flying around as I recall

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:10 am

shotshammo wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 am
Can we finish this argument re. Taking it seriously. If this was the case we would have put in a more experienced Goalkeeper.
It was a run out for squad players that needed to convince the Manager and themselves they were fit.
One can argue that having players that had rarely or never played together before was not taking the result seriously. End of.
If you want to argue a bit more re. Seriously. Yes the Manager was sending out a serious message to his squad players.
This will tell me how ready you are for starting in a game. :)
Good, sensible post.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:19 am

I’m quite encouraged by DS’s pre match interview and the subsequent defeat.
It seems to me that DS is probably coming under considerable pressure from the BOD and they are as unhappy as the rest of us with his job performance so far.
There can be no other explanation for the pre match bluster other than a man struggling to keep his job and desperately attempting to keep PC at all costs.
It looks to me that he is being set up for an early departure and I’m pleased about that. This is a poor quality squad and he had plenty of time to recruit and train these players already. It’s just a question of how much it’s going to cost to get rid.
I’m not sure that any Shots business plan for a new stadium can be justified if the football side and support is going backwards so I think a new manager must be appointed ASAP.

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:35 am

Headley Shot wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:19 am
It seems to me that DS is probably coming under considerable pressure from the BOD and they are as unhappy as the rest of us with his job performance so far.
There can be no other explanation for the pre match bluster other than a man struggling to keep his job and desperately attempting to keep PC at all costs.
It looks to me that he is being set up for an early departure and I’m pleased about that. This is a poor quality squad and he had plenty of time to recruit and train these players already. It’s just a question of how much it’s going to cost to get rid.
I’m not sure that any Shots business plan for a new stadium can be justified if the football side and support is going backwards so I think a new manager must be appointed ASAP.
Absolute nonsense.

In Sight of Victory Shot

Post by In Sight of Victory Shot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 am

Given the inclusion of several squad players, the performance and result was unexpected. Apart from Kodi L-F, who appears to often mistime tackles, our makeshift defence was mostly young; the two full-backs were often overrun by Moneyfields pacy forwards, from frequent long balls. Our midfield...what midfield? It lacked cohesion and too lightweight. As much as I like the skills of Santos, he does sometimes appear to float around in his own world.
We gave away many corners, which again we didn't defend well against... flat-footed. And when 4-3 down, chasing the game in the latter stage, gave away far too many of those silly, niggly fouls. It's encouraging to see our players passion and resolute attitude, but...composure chaps.

Moneyfields should receive credit, they were 'up for it'... strong, physical and fit, with some skill and pace. They were indefatigable in closing down our players. Even so...

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:57 am

Headley Shot wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:19 am
You mean you are encouraged by the possibility of DS being axed I take it.

I don't think this is nonsense at all, you're just saying how you see things.

Giles

Post by Giles » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:03 am

What do you expect him to say pre match?

"I don't give a rats arse about this competition"?

Something similar happened last year in the Trophy and there was a fair bit of abuse flying around as I recall
Tbf I dont expect him to say much at all before a Hants cup game, its been a reserve/yoof fixture for a number of years now. If he hadn't come out giving it the billy big balls we wouldn't have a 10 page thread about it :lol:

Redshot66

Post by Redshot66 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:45 pm

I think it’s obvious DS was an appointment based on finances so I would imagine he won’t be dismissed any time soon,the club have bigger concerns at present ref finance.
I hope he succeeds he is a nice guy and I believe he will be given the time to achieve this.

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Tbf I dont expect him to say much at all before a Hants cup game, its been a reserve/yoof fixture for a number of years now. If he hadn't come out giving it the billy big balls we wouldn't have a 10 page thread about it :lol:
This.

I was lured in by Danny's pre match interview too.

If he'd said nothing and just sent the team out and lost we wouldn't be on this thread now.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:52 pm
This.

I was lured in by Danny's pre match interview too.

If he'd said nothing and just sent the team out and lost we wouldn't be on this thread now.

I wasn't lured but yeah, this, anyway.