Acceptable league position

Cph.shots
Re: Acceptable league position

Post by Cph.shots » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:02 am

DH wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:38 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:27 pm
So you're suggesting that the very next morning after a result you're disappointed with you expect our manager to have dispensed with those players who didn't perform?
To start with the Managers exact words were "players not fit to wear the shirt" ...... I'd say he was as disappointed as me , no?

Also if I told one of my staff your not fit to do the job, exactly what would you expect me to do next? Continue to accept they are not up to it? Get real, people who fail in their jobs get moved on in EVERY aspect of working life, not just football.

Fair play to anyone who still supports our Manager, my view is not important nor is it shared by all. But don't just dismiss others views without thought to how they have built up their opinion.

I've yet to listen to the next Eastbank Weekly but it seems he has gone from bigging up the Hants Cup to now dismissing as only giving 1st team fringe players pitch time. He needs to make his mind up as it seems to me he limps from one poor excuse to another. How about telling folk, "I cocked up with that strategy, maybe time to transfer list those players not fit to wear our shirt ............ CRAZY, but sooooooo many football managers manage to say it at other clubs.
Firstly you are correct in that people get moved on from jobs all the time. But it is only easy if they have worked for a company for less than two years as they have no employee rights. After that, there are legal and financial implications to getting rid of staff and in this day and age, not being good enough at the job isn’t on its own a good enough reason to get rid of someone bizarre as that may sound.

Employers have to try and improve them, offer them extra training, time to correct errors maybe even find them another role more suitable to their ability. How would that work in football? Hey player X you’re a rubbish forward, how about we try you in defence? Wouldn’t work would it?

Given that we only ever give out one year contracts, the two year legal requirement doesn’t apply. So players or their agents will almost certainly insist on payout clauses in the event of early termination. Otherwise no doubt we and all other clubs would chop and change underperforming players all the time. The only reason they don’t do that has to be the potential financial penalty.

At no point did I say I supported the manager. Just offered some potential reasons why there hadn’t been a mass exodus of players on Wednesday morning.

And don’t just dismiss others musings without some thought as to how they might have come to those conclusions!
Good point, well said.

MonsterM19

Post by MonsterM19 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Beggars belief some of the tr*sh posts on ere. Lads and Ladies just stick to what we know and stop making stuff up. We are in the drop zone if teams win games in hand and we are nearly 50% through the season. GW started 3 seasons ago with 2 players similar position to Searle and we got in the playoffs. It’s common knowledge we have a competitive budget so stop talking sh%t and making excuses all the time. I am with Royle on a lot of his posts when he states Searle is all talk and no action..... we know this from his first recorded Forum where he promised all sorts of things including entertaining footy. We have less goals than last year, our home attendance is the worst its been for 2 decades, Searle has made the worst start to any other Aldershot manager 20 odd games into a season and with the words Searle used that we are taking the Hampshire Cup seriously fielding 9 first teamers on the the night we lost to a Pub team. Over to you BoD....starting working towards gaining some respect back from the support base and do something about this utter pile of sh*t. WE deserve better.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:16 pm

MonsterM19 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:05 pm
Beggars belief some of the tr*sh posts on ere. Lads and Ladies just stick to what we know and stop making stuff up. We are in the drop zone if teams win games in hand and we are nearly 50% through the season. GW started 3 seasons ago with 2 players similar position to Searle and we got in the playoffs. It’s common knowledge we have a competitive budget so stop talking sh%t and making excuses all the time. I am with Royle on a lot of his posts when he states Searle is all talk and no action..... we know this from his first recorded Forum where he promised all sorts of things including entertaining footy. We have less goals than last year, our home attendance is the worst its been for 2 decades, Searle has made the worst start to any other Aldershot manager 20 odd games into a season and with the words Searle used that we are taking the Hampshire Cup seriously fielding 9 first teamers on the the night we lost to a Pub team. Over to you BoD....starting working towards gaining some respect back from the support base and do something about this utter pile of sh*t. WE deserve better.
Apart from the fact it was seven first teamers you are 100% right.

MonsterM19

Post by MonsterM19 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:33 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:16 pm
MonsterM19 wrote:
HALL
WHITTINGHAM
FOSTER
SANTOS
EYOMA
BETTAMER
SHIELDS
PANAMI
ROWE

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:00 pm

MonsterM19 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:33 pm
lanternhall wrote:
MonsterM19 wrote:
HALL
WHITTINGHAM
FOSTER
SANTOS
EYOMA
BETTAMER
SHIELDS
PANAMI
ROWE

I make it that's actually 8 because unless I am suffering from Amnesia I don't recall a first team squad member called Panami and to before posting I have checked on the website and he is certainly not listed

MonsterM19

Post by MonsterM19 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:00 pm
MonsterM19 wrote:
lanternhall wrote:

HALL
WHITTINGHAM
FOSTER
SANTOS
EYOMA
BETTAMER
SHIELDS
PANAMI
ROWE

I make it that's actually 8 because unless I am suffering from Amnesia I don't recall a first team squad member called Panami and to before posting I have checked on the website and he is certainly not listed
his full name Harry Panayiotou he played. Sorry Rico Petty thats 9. One of the worst if not worst results in the history of our Club.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Blimey...3, 5, 7, 8 or 9.... there's no defending that result.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 pm

MonsterM19 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
MonsterM19 wrote:

HALL
WHITTINGHAM
FOSTER
SANTOS
EYOMA
BETTAMER
SHIELDS
PANAMI
ROWE

his full name Harry Panayiotou he played. Sorry Rico Petty thats 9. One of the worst if not worst results in the history of our Club.
Shortwood Utd, when we put our 1st team out, not a team with a couple of trialists and three youth team /fringe 1st team squad players.

Squad at Moneyfield :-
Aldershot Town: 1 R Hall (G/K), 2 H Woodward, 3 R Suckming, 4 A Whittingham, 5 Trialist (Wylie 88’), 6 K Lyons-Foster (C), 7 A Santos (Rowe 62.’), 8 A Eyoma, 9 M Bettamer, 10 C Shields, 11 H Panayiotou (Trialist 55’).
Unused Subs: Booth, Omoliabi

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:26 pm

MonsterM19 wrote:
Richard Petty wrote:
MonsterM19 wrote:

HALL
WHITTINGHAM
FOSTER
SANTOS
EYOMA
BETTAMER
SHIELDS
PANAMI
ROWE

Then why call him Panami, you havnt created nicknames for any of the other players, if you had just shortened it to Panay or even called him Harry then I would have known who you meant

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:42 pm

Harry P it is then!!

MonsterM19

Post by MonsterM19 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Birdman wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 pm
MonsterM19 wrote:
Richard Petty wrote:

Shortwood Utd, when we put our 1st team out, not a team with a couple of trialists and three youth team /fringe 1st team squad players.

Aldershot Town: 1 R Hall (G/K), 2 H Woodward, 3 R Suckming, 4 A Whittingham, 5 Trialist (Wylie 88’), 6 K Lyons-Foster (C), 7 A Santos (Rowe 62.’), 8 A Eyoma, 9 M Bettamer, 10 C Shields, 11 H Panayiotou (Trialist 55’).
Yep thats why i said one of the worst results in our history. I also dont take what you’ve said about a youth Keeper. Hall is our no2, again a feeble excuse. Thats the managers choice how he spends the budget and if Walker goes down in a game Hall would come on. I also dont take what you’ve said about fringe players if you add up the first team appearances this season across the 9 players. It’s a shocking result amongst many shockers this season. I believe we are going down if we do not make the necessary change because Wrexham and Chesterfield certainly are not with their spending capabilities and current squads.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:44 pm

MonsterM19 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:40 pm
Birdman wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 pm
MonsterM19 wrote:

Yep thats why i said one of the worst results in our history. I also dont take what you’ve said about a youth Keeper. Hall is our no2, again a feeble excuse. Thats the managers choice how he spends the budget and if Walker goes down in a game Hall would come on. I also dont take what you’ve said about fringe players if you add up the first team appearances this season across the 9 players. It’s a shocking result amongst many shockers this season. I believe we are going down if we do not make the necessary change because Wrexham and Chesterfield certainly are not with their spending capabilities and current squads.
I’m not denying that it was a disappointing result but, from a personal point of view, it was a county cup game and it didn’t really affect me (more a ‘shrug of the shoulders’ moment). The FA Cup game against Shortwood though left me feeling quite flat. Having drawn away I was hopeful of a win and some much needed prize money into the club’s coffers. The result and performance (with due credit to Shortwood) was disappointing to say the least. That is why, to me, it was a much worse result than Tuesday’s.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:40 pm

I felt worse about losing 7-0 to Bedford. Obviously we hadn't put out our first team, but it felt like we had just given up.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 am

Chester and the Moors of equal embarrassment. I think when you ship seven goals whatever tournament it is doesn't matter.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 am

Like Birdman the home game against Shortwood is the one that I will always remember with embarrassment.

I could cope with the draw away because it was a home fixture for Shortwood and although it shouldn't have affected us all the hype and attention around the game plus I seem to recall the pitch not being that great it had cup upset written all over it. However having learnt what their players strengths and weaknesses were and to have the home advantage in the replay there was absolutely no excuse for the dismal performance that we put in, they wanted it more and it showed, they well deserved the win and I seem to recall a lot of our supporters applauding them after the game.

Second in my memory of days to forget has to be Dover away under Kevin Dillon :evil: