Reminder: Next Fans Forum

Anon E Mouse
Re: Reminder: Next Fans Forum

Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:44 pm

What was the 5 year plan. Missed it tonight.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:04 pm

I’m sure the club will write up some minutes from this evening soon but can anyone who watched/attended give a brief overview of the key moments? E.g. 5-year plan, player departures, concrete dates for the new stadium plans.

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:24 pm

So we've had the two in this week.

Any news of the three out , or was that just speculation?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:30 pm

Without getting into any of the specifics of the meeting I do feel the format and the overall presentation deserve a lot of credit.

I have gone to most fans forums since the late 1990's and during my time in an official capacity with the club I even organised some of them but tonight's was without doubt the best organised and best presented that I have ever attended.

I was initially sceptical as to whether the written questions in the room would work and I anticipated some negativity regarding it but I was wrong it worked perfectly and ensured that we got clearly delivered questions with properly uninterrupted answers.

Mark was personally excellent as well, having Mark who everyone knows is honest and truly representing the fans as much as the club meant that there was no censoring of questions, and if the answer wasn't full enough he got it expanded.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:31 pm

Agreed

And thanks for the tutorial on how to watch on Facebook Richard

Banbury Shot

Post by Banbury Shot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:50 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:31 pm
Agreed

And thanks for the tutorial on how to watch on Facebook Richard
Agreed, it was excellent. Some very good speakers and good messages. Shame the shine was taken off of it by a couple of personal squabbles.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:34 am

quite an incredible fans forum. Probably the most significant in our existence. If the stadium plan gets pulled off [and it looks well developed behind the scenes] will be a game changer for the club and town. I remember in 15' when I suggested that blue sky thinking was required to get the club going again and ultimately a new stadium needed reflecting modern day standards and expectations , it was said where is the money .. well this shows what can be achieved when you don't give up and base everything on money. There is money everywhere society, despite the bregsit thing we are a very rich country. Build build build!!
Last edited by Reg's corner on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:30 am

I plan to re watch the video of the forum over the weekend as there was a lot of really interesting information included in the presentations which I couldn't fully take in at the time.

Key positives for me were:

The whole First team squad attended and didn't look like someone had pointed a shotgun at them to attend, they mixed well with the fans present and looked like they were enjoying being there. They were also watching the presentations with interest and were not sat there playing with their phones

Stadium
The council have approved granting the Lease now and its being written up for signing early December (RBC said its ok for club to announce that)
The commitment to stadium completion by 2025
Confirmation the club will not have to pay for it
The one off income that will be generated by the flats
Really important, the ongoing income that the hotel will generate
It is still planned that we don't have to move out during the development

Foundation
Far too much to list here but absolutely amazing what its achieving, I cant put into words how impressed I was over this.
There was a great slide presentation which I would love to see put on the website so everyone can view it and take time to read it properly

Academy
Highlighted problems we face losing under 16's because league clubs can put them on contracts we cant at our level so we lose quality players
On players we have a number on trials for bigger clubs including Fulham plus Fulham have signed one.
We are an academy that other teams fear playing against as we are winners in pretty much all age groups
We have a player who has reached the third trial level out of three to play for England at schoolboy level
The first team players are giving up some of their own time to help train and motivate the academy players which the kids really benefit from

Commercial
Mark is doing really well again this season, currently 90% of target with half the season left
Commercial revenue has grown every year since he first took over
He mentioned working well with the board and being supported by them

Supporters Club
New Supporters Club launched £15 a year membership for adults reduced prices for under 16's
Its an independent organisation although the club will have a representative on the committee for two way communication which will be Mark
Ray from the Crimea will be the Chairman (he is also offering discount in the Crimea for members)
Long list of benefits for fans who join plus you get a bespoke supporters club scarf when you join which will not be on general sale.
Junior shots back again as part of the supporters club (this was a huge success when we had it years ago)

There was so much more that I cant immediately recall and would be too much to put on here but a really good evening with lots of positives and a feeling that there really is a structured plan for the club going forward.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Several positives and negatives from the forum last night which I have just watched. I have emailed Mark on a couple of matters.
Very disappointed the club are starting a Supporters Club. We do not need another faction. Mark said it was independent but that all funds will go to the club. This does not make it independent and if I recollect from the 60/70s was a major reason why the Supporters Club changed its name as the directors at the time wanted to control all matters and take all cash. I can see the Trust eventually disappearing now.
Cash for Shots was originated from our FA Cup trip to Blackpool who ran a similar scheme. John McGinty, Paul Muddell and Tony Brooker were the driving force and it was NEVER ran by the club. It was started under the control of the Supporters Club which then became The Trust. It has raised plenty of money for the club over the years and would be sorry to see it disappear.
Pleased to hear we are breaking even financially as without that we wouldn't have a club to support. Several of my concerns regarding the Ground Development were allayed during the forum which was good.

Shots Supporters Trust

Post by Shots Supporters Trust » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Earlier in the week we communicated the following notes to all members. May be useful for the wider fanbase. No further comment to be made at this stage, ahead of the AGM (12-Dec) where we look forward to confirming our stance with members.

Cash for Shots
The Trust will continue with our efforts in the running of Cash for Shots, and we’re delighted to announce that we will using a percentage of our profits to support the Shots Community Foundation in their committed and valuable work within the community. We hope to do a joint Press Release on this topic before the AGM.

We’re also pleased to reveal our two new volunteers, Laura Smart and Michael Foster, who have kindly stepped in to assist us with the running of the scheme going forward. We hope as many of you as possible will sign up to Cash for Shots and join us in supporting the Shots Foundation. Laura is being nominated at the AGM for a position on the Trust Board.

Supporters Club
The Trust are fully aware of the club’s intention to form a new Supporters Club, going back to the model of keeping it in house - with the aim of fundraising solely for the Club’s own purposes.

Whilst we don’t agree with the idea of having another supporters group, we don’t have any ill feelings towards the new Supporters Club, and will be offering the new Supporters Club committee the chance to meet us to discuss ideas for joint working in the future.

The Supporters Trust remains a legal entity, with a small shareholding in the Football Club. By definition a Trust will have different objectives from a Supporters Club. However we are ultimately all fans who want to see ATFC thrive!

We will continue to work on our own ways and means of benefiting the club and will not be directly competing with the supporters club on day-to-day fundraising. As such we have amended our long term objectives accordingly (see AGM voting for details).

In the short term: Cash for Shots and Lucky 7s are the only active fund raising schemes we would be promoting. If the AGM vote is agreed then we would plan to continue with these alone.

latimeralder

Post by latimeralder » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:04 pm

Seems to me that the purpose of a Supporters Club is to do exactly what it says on the tin...to support the Club.

If you want to have a different association of folk whose objective is to undermine, belittle, suborn, depose or overthrow the Club we have got, or to replace it with another so far unfunded imaginary one, then that's fine too.

But they shouldn't be called a 'Supporters Club' as clearly they are not.

They are supporting something else.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:34 pm

The Supporters Club do support the club but in a way that may not suit the football club. There are numerous ways to support the club and maybe some of these directions may not be quite how the directors want them run. I fear that the new Supporters Club will just be a cash cow and not looking at the wider picture.

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:33 pm

So Mr Bloomfield, did you get the e mail that proves you resigned from the club?

WTF

Post by WTF » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:48 pm

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:33 pm
So Mr Bloomfield, did you get the e mail that proves you resigned from the club?
He is suprisingly quiet, was he at the game yesterday or back in Barcelona?

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:52 pm

Brian was there. Spoke to him upstairs after the game