Match day thread V Notts County

Post Reply
redblueuptoyou
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:56 am

Today showed what can happen when every player gives 100%. Notts County have more quality than us (as Alex said, look at their bench) but we didn’t give them an inch.

Put in that kind of effort and we should be OK - easier said than done though with our inconsistency!

Melbourne Red
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by Melbourne Red » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:06 am

Really pleased with the result, after last week wasn’t really expecting anything out of this game.

On the rumoured signings, Anderson has apparently improved to become a solid defender according to a Hartlepool fan. And Rhead should be good, he’s 35 but only turned professional in his late 20’s and these kind of players often play on longer. Left Billericay after the money ran out so it would make sense for him to come to us for a bit.

MikeB
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:04 pm
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by MikeB » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:42 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:23 pm
Noticed the programmes were all sold out at about 2.40 today :(

Maybe the larger crowd was the reason, but the majority of fans were still to enter the ground so a bit of a shame and a loss of revenue.
Jesus fecking Christ Mick have a day off FFS
I realise I'm in a small minority here, but as a Christian I object to the first 3 words in that post. Any chance you could avoid a repeat pls? Thanks.

One_Shot
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:30 pm
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by One_Shot » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:05 am

Good win. Well done shots!

supershots
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:08 am
Location: Frimley green
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by supershots » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:17 am

MikeB wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:42 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:23 pm
Noticed the programmes were all sold out at about 2.40 today :(

Maybe the larger crowd was the reason, but the majority of fans were still to enter the ground so a bit of a shame and a loss of revenue.
Jesus fecking Christ Mick have a day off FFS
I realise I'm in a small minority here, but as a Christian I object to the first 3 words in that post. Any chance you could avoid a repeat pls? Thanks.
Surely there is only one word you object in that post? :?

shotshammo
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 am
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by shotshammo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:55 am

Firstly I agree with MikeB.
Now the football, just two comments, firstly the players use of their eyes, there was the odd occasion when the marking went AWOL simply because the player was only watching the ball and not the opposition player he should be covering. Secondly the huge reduction in silly fouls caught my eye, hence the comment by some that the ref had a good game.
I never cease to marvel at how good the football can be in such atrocious weather conditions by both sides.
Went off to work a very happy man.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:00 am

shotshammo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:55 am
Firstly I agree with MikeB.
Now the football, just two comments, firstly the players use of their eyes, there was the odd occasion when the marking went AWOL simply because the player was only watching the ball and not the opposition player he should be covering. Secondly the huge reduction in silly fouls caught my eye, hence the comment by some that the ref had a good game.
I never cease to marvel at how good the football can be in such atrocious weather conditions by both sides.
Went off to work a very happy man.
I’m not sure the ref was strong enough imho.
Their number 7 had been booked and took out Tinkler around his waist and wasn’t even spoken to.
Then their number 5 with a pre mediated leg breaker on Shields should of been a red.
But apart from that .....😮

PS used to abuse from my split personality mate DP after a skin full. Quite a few abusive words creeping in to this forum. Hopefully the Mods don’t allow it to deteriorate like other forums.

I was only disappointed as presumably were many to miss out on probably the biggest most collectible
Programme for many years that’s all. 😥.
Hopefully eBay will come to the rescue.

Alex
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by Alex » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:06 am

Have you tried contacting the club or Paul Blundell?

Not a dig, just a recommendation/question! 🙂

Ian Rust
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:23 pm
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by Ian Rust » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:23 am

The Matt Rhead rumour is from the Nottinghamshire Post and is pure speculation about him signing for Notts County. Some Shots fans miss-heard some County fans (thinking they were also Shots fans) talking about the article in the South Stand bar and Bob’s your Uncle.
https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... et-3550012

latimeralder
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 pm
Location: Surrey
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by latimeralder » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:55 am

At heart yesterday was a good old-fashoned English League Division 4 game

A dark November afternoon. Lots of effort. Lots of rain. Some football skill. Some thrills and spills

A 2-1 home win.

And I can hear in my head James Alexander Gordon reading out that scoreline at 5 o'clock on the Light Programme....

Proper football. Proper entertainment. Lovely!

Giles
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Farncombe
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by Giles » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:07 am

Ian Rust wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:23 am
The Matt Rhead rumour is from the Nottinghamshire Post and is pure speculation about him signing for Notts County. Some Shots fans miss-heard some County fans (thinking they were also Shots fans) talking about the article in the South Stand bar and Bob’s your Uncle.
https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... et-3550012
Really hope that's true, he'd have to do a pretty good Steve Watson impression to be welcome here I think. I Remember Myles Anderson's loan spell, it was not good but he was a v young left back/winger IIRC, think one game he came on as a sub & was subbed off again, Torquay? Good to see some changes are happening though, personally i'd like to see the back of Mullings amongst others.

WTF
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by WTF » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:18 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:56 am
Today showed what can happen when every player gives 100%. Notts County have more quality than us (as Alex said, look at their bench) but we didn’t give them an inch.

Put in that kind of effort and we should be OK - easier said than done though with our inconsistency!
A good post, well said!

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 am

Alex wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:06 am
Have you tried contacting the club or Paul Blundell?

Not a dig, just a recommendation/question! 🙂
I will try that too Alex, although hopefully for the clubs sake they didn’t hold any back when hundreds were trying to buy one.

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:34 am

latimeralder wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:55 am
At heart yesterday was a good old-fashoned English League Division 4 game

A dark November afternoon. Lots of effort. Lots of rain. Some football skill. Some thrills and spills

A 2-1 home win.

And I can hear in my head James Alexander Gordon reading out that scoreline at 5 o'clock on the Light Programme....

Proper football. Proper entertainment. Lovely!
A perfect summary!

Diving Wayne Andrews
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:14 pm
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by Diving Wayne Andrews » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:44 am

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:33 pm
Alex wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:54 pm
Reg's corner wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:24 pm
Who are they Alex.. Should we know?
I’m sure you do and you’re just being silly!

Decent goalscorer around the League Two and NL levels - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristian_Dennis

Tyson has played for a number of EFL clubs and also knows where the net is.

The goals in this game are not done and we haven’t won yet...
4 different rumours today ,1 same outcome . Matt Rheadd this week :o
Rheadd is exactly what we need, a bit of a bruiser, knows where the back of the net is, one of those players you hate but would have in your team


Post Reply