Match day thread V Notts County

James Frazer
Re: Match day thread V Notts County

Post by James Frazer » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:06 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 am
Alex wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:06 am
Have you tried contacting the club or Paul Blundell?

Not a dig, just a recommendation/question! 🙂
I will try that too Alex, although hopefully for the clubs sake they didn’t hold any back when hundreds were trying to buy one.
I was in the EBB lounge yesterday for a little treat (top notch as usual and the result was icing on the cake). At the end, there were quite a few programmes that other guests seemed happy to leave on the tables. Perhaps some of these ended up with Paul Blundell ?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:59 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 am
Alex wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:06 am
Have you tried contacting the club or Paul Blundell?

Not a dig, just a recommendation/question! 🙂
I will try that too Alex, although hopefully for the clubs sake they didn’t hold any back when hundreds were trying to buy one.
It is worth talking to Paul not because programmes are held back (which they are not) but when the clear up is done after the game there are often programmes left behind in the bars often unread so in pristine condition. Also those who pay for hospitality get a programme included per person but sometimes they get left on the table or in the case of a couple attending the game they may only take one. We are not talking loads here but even if there a are a dozen programmes found around the ground that's 12 more people who can buy a copy if they contact Paul.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:04 pm

MikeB wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:42 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:23 pm
Noticed the programmes were all sold out at about 2.40 today :(

Maybe the larger crowd was the reason, but the majority of fans were still to enter the ground so a bit of a shame and a loss of revenue.
Jesus fecking Christ Mick have a day off FFS
I realise I'm in a small minority here, but as a Christian I object to the first 3 words in that post. Any chance you could avoid a repeat pls? Thanks.
Sorry mike

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:04 pm
MikeB wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:42 pm

Jesus fecking Christ Mick have a day off FFS
I realise I'm in a small minority here, but as a Christian I object to the first 3 words in that post. Any chance you could avoid a repeat pls? Thanks.
Sorry mike
Thanks for the understanding Postie. Let's move on :-)

AberdeenShots

Post by AberdeenShots » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:33 pm

Great report squire.
Always easier to write after a good win.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:00 am
shotshammo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:55 am
Firstly I agree with MikeB.
Now the football, just two comments, firstly the players use of their eyes, there was the odd occasion when the marking went AWOL simply because the player was only watching the ball and not the opposition player he should be covering. Secondly the huge reduction in silly fouls caught my eye, hence the comment by some that the ref had a good game.
I never cease to marvel at how good the football can be in such atrocious weather conditions by both sides.
Went off to work a very happy man.
I’m not sure the ref was strong enough imho.
Their number 7 had been booked and took out Tinkler around his waist and wasn’t even spoken to.
Then their number 5 with a pre mediated leg breaker on Shields should of been a red.
But apart from that .....😮

PS used to abuse from my split personality mate DP after a skin full. Quite a few abusive words creeping in to this forum. Hopefully the Mods don’t allow it to deteriorate like other forums.

I was only disappointed as presumably were many to miss out on probably the biggest most collectible
Programme for many years that’s all. 😥.
Hopefully eBay will come to the rescue.
Yeah sorry Mick, but you do like a wee moan every now and then don’t you, as for the drink, next time I drink which will be after we beat Chesterfield I’ll stop at 15 pints 🍺 this time 🔴🔵

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:38 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:01 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
shotshammo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:55 am
Firstly I agree with MikeB.
Now the football, just two comments, firstly the players use of their eyes, there was the odd occasion when the marking went AWOL simply because the player was only watching the ball and not the opposition player he should be covering. Secondly the huge reduction in silly fouls caught my eye, hence the comment by some that the ref had a good game.
I never cease to marvel at how good the football can be in such atrocious weather conditions by both sides.
Went off to work a very happy man.
Their number 7 had been booked and took out Tinkler around his waist and wasn’t even spoken to.
Then their number 5 with a pre mediated leg breaker on Shields should of been a red.

PS used to abuse from my split personality mate DP after a skin full. Quite a few abusive words creeping in to this forum. Hopefully the Mods don’t allow it to deteriorate like other forums.

I was only disappointed as presumably were many to miss out on probably the biggest most collectible
Yeah sorry Mick, but you do like a wee moan every now and then don’t you, as for the drink, next time I drink which will be after we beat Chesterfield I’ll stop at 15 pints 🍺 this time 🔴🔵
It’s ok DP. Normally I’d expect a dig after a team moan but wasnt expecting one for my dissapointment Re not getting a programme.
Thanks for all the suggestions from others. I’ll try the club on the off chance. Slight disadvantage being Anon e Mouse on occasions like this. 🤗

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:38 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:

It’s ok DP. Normally I’d expect a dig after a team moan but wasnt expecting one for my dissapointment Re not getting a programme.
Thanks for all the suggestions from others. I’ll try the club on the off chance. Slight disadvantage being Anon e Mouse on occasions like this. 🤗
As said elsewhere go upstairs in the Phoenix bar always a few spare one’s in there

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:42 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:

As said elsewhere go upstairs in the Phoenix bar always a few spare one’s in there
Thanks for the tip although there is normally someone on the stairs stopping the great unwashed from going upstairs. 😄

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:57 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:42 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Thanks for the tip although there is normally someone on the stairs stopping the great unwashed from going upstairs. 😄
Initially yes but wait a while then they disappear, I used to be obsessed with programmes till about 10 years ago but it got to much in the end with the lack of space in the house so I stopped buying them!

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:23 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:

I have read mine very carefully without marking the pages with thumbprints or creasing the pages so it looks pristine. I will take it down to the front office/club shop tomorrow morning in an envelope marked Anon E Mouse for you to purchase when you are next at the ground.

Just to ensure no one walks in and says they are you to get the programme I have sent you a PM with something specific to say to identify yourself, don't worry I haven't made it anything embarrassing :lol:

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:23 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:

I have read mine very carefully without marking the pages with thumbprints or creasing the pages so it looks pristine. I will take it down to the front office/club shop tomorrow morning in an envelope marked Anon E Mouse for you to purchase when you are next at the ground.

Just to ensure no one walks in and says they are you to get the programme I have sent you a PM with something specific to say to identify yourself, don't worry I haven't made it anything embarrassing :lol:
You are a kind soul Richard and your gesture is much appreciated.
You have a return PM. Please read before tomorrow. It’s important especially after this act of kindness.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:45 pm

It would be nice to know what it said?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:15 am

steveshot wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:45 pm
It would be nice to know what it said?
It said whatever you do don't tell steveshot the contents of this PM :lol:

PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:29 pm

Dear Mr Anon a mouse, no loss of revenue. Not a dig but perhaps you can't read, there are many that can't, as when you entered the club shop for your programme, there was a large sign saying try the food/bar outlets, or try again here at half time. Just before half time, i retrieved unsold programme's from the shots cafe in the high street corner for the ground plus had about twenty delivered to the shop just before half time. Programme logistics can be difficult on where to put amounts of programme's around the ground, but if people can't follow simple instructions which are clearly there, then obviously they really can't be that bothered perhaps about the purchase of a programme, or are just lazy, or just want something else to moan about when we win a game. So the simple fact is, we did not sell out everywhere around the ground, and we try to do our best to spread programme's around the ground to make it easy for people to get them wherever they are in the ground. If the possibility was you wanted an extra drink in the Crimea, then we even put them in there for people to purchase before the game. Perhaps you would like to help us instead of coming on here, but to give us your idea's what else we can do. The easy thing would be to buy more and chuck loads away after the game, just so everybody get's their programme, but if you look behind the door of the shop, there are hundred's of programme's to be got rid of as people who came on Saturday, didn't turn up on previous game's. I do hope that is of some help to you, and i suggest you take up Richard's offer of his programme. Thank's, Paul Blundell, Volunteer and supporter, club/programme shop.