Wrexham

Bristol Shot
Re: Wrexham

Post by Bristol Shot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:42 pm

Colwyn Bay switched to the Welsh League last ssason, albeit from a lower level in the Englsih pyramid. They were in Northern League Div 1 North

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:25 pm

Reliably informed by a friend who is closely involved with the Wrexham supporters club that this is complete hogwash, certainly as far as their first team is concerned.

DH

Post by DH » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:47 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:25 pm
Reliably informed by a friend who is closely involved with the Wrexham supporters club that this is complete hogwash, certainly as far as their first team is concerned.
And I was earlier reliably informed by my contact with the LoW that Wrexham are having meetings with the FAW on this matter today. I have asked for more details and will post them as and when I get them.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Instead of LoW they could move to the IoW - there's a Newport already waiting.

Portly Stilton Shot

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:52 am

Would be akin to the Shots reapplying to join the Isthmian League. I fear that the Racecourse Ground, once a regular international venue, would become a white elephant. Feel a sympathy for their long-term supporters.

A Shot from Wales

Post by A Shot from Wales » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Portly Stilton Shot wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:52 am
Would be akin to the Shots reapplying to join the Isthmian League. I fear that the Racecourse Ground, once a regular international venue, would become a white elephant. Feel a sympathy for their long-term supporters.
The club have a 99 year Lease from the University next door, who own the Freehold to the ground - the annual rent is £100,000.

The Local Authority has identified football as the key driver to the regeneration of the town. The Welsh Assembly has identified Wrexham to be the home of the National Football Museum and plans are under way to redevelop the Mold Road gateway which could include the replacement of the closed off Kop Stand making the ground an all-seater 16000 capacity. Alongside which retail, hotel and more residential accommodation have been included in the initial business case. And the FAW recently developed the club’s former training ground at Colliers Park to create a second National Football Development Centre.

I therefore guess playing in the Cymru Premier in front of League average crowds of 450-600 is a great business model.

And finally all of the gross cash benefits received from playing in the preliminary rounds of the Champions League and Europa League can of course be found on the UEFA website...