And it’s goodbye from me

aldershot-jg
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by aldershot-jg » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:09 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:30 pm
The other comment was that Kappa posted the videos on his own YouTube channel and therefore got any money from advertising so that was kind of the objection (if I heard JL right)

The point was made that the videos should be on the ATFC channel to earn the club some money but this something Dean could clear up (or give his version of)

As for the board clearing off there is no pleasing your sort. If you listened to them tonight (did you?) I can't see any basis for that comment - apart from just being a serial grump
It all came across to me that they wanted Kappadeano to work for the club rather than working independently with the club. Dean’s videos were great and far better than standard one angle view that you get nearly everywhere else.

I get why the club would rather the content be on their channel rather than Kappadeanos but also get why he wouldn’t agree to that.

I know it’s been a long running saga and there is a lot more to it than the club mentioned, it’s sad to see a supporter like Kappadeano fall out over this.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:11 am

Sorry about this Kappa. Not a good way to end the saga but I wish you well. Just be careful what you say on here though as I know to my own cost that you get threatened by the club when you accuse a club official of lies. I still have that letter!

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:12 am

Did anything interesting happen at the fans forum tonight
Or is all about Mr Kappa?

Kappadeano

Post by Kappadeano » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:17 am

shots1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:12 am
Did anything interesting happen at the fans forum tonight
Or is all about Mr Kappa?
Loads more. :roll:

latimeralder

Post by latimeralder » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:22 am

I love Kappadano's videos. They are great.

But don't the Club already pay other folk to make videos of the games? I think they're obliged to by Vanarama.

I was told a year ago by a senior board member that Deano wanted paying for his efforts.

So, they would reasonably argue, why pay twice for something that is better, but not fundmentally hugely different from something they have to do already?

And if you pay somebody to do something, then yes, you do want some form of control of it. 'Working independently' but still getting paid sounds like a luxury given to few anywhere..and certainly not in a permanently cash-strapped football club

I would not pay somebody to paint my house, but leave it entirely up to them what colours to choose.

So sorry, Deano..in this I'm reluctantly on the Board's side.

If I have misunderstood, please tell me exactly where.

But just dark hints and mutterings of shady dealings rather than presenting actual facts don't cut much ice.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:08 am

Firstly the Kappa Videos have always been excellent, first class.

There is no doubting a passion in how Kappa feels.

There is no doubt now on Clubs stance.

Airing an already fuelled debate on here unlikely to calm the waters.

Both sides have drawn their lines.

My take - Some deep breaths needed on both sides of the fence to explore if there is a way Kappa can keep doing his thing as an independent, without having to "report to Clubs usual Media Outlet now"? However both parties need to be in agreement, works can be submitted then agreed upon before release. Both parties win.

Just for the record though, no way Mark Butler a yes man, he is an employee that does his job best way he can including airing his own views on matters openly. Think it harsh he was singled out for some stick.

This all reminds me of the Graham Brookland book fall out some years back, really thought the Club had moved on and hope they can on this one as well.

Kappadeano

Post by Kappadeano » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:30 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:08 am

Just for the record though, no way Mark Butler a yes man, he is an employee that does his job best way he can including airing his own views on matters openly. Think it harsh he was singled out for some stick.

This all reminds me of the Graham Brookland book fall out some years back, really thought the Club had moved on and hope they can on this one as well.
I was harsh on Mark there and posted in the heat of the moment. He does do great things and only wants what is best for the club. However, when he said I was getting paid to film he was very, very wrong.

As far as I am concerned I have said my piece on here and on social media, At this time I will not say anything further as:-

A) there is too much to say and it will become more of a slanging match, and
B) I am tired of it all now.

Enjoy your rollercoaster, I certainly won't be on it.

Ian Rust

Post by Ian Rust » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:53 am

Reminds me of a situation I had with a local gardener/come topiary artist. I have a big front garden with very prominent hedges right in the centre of the village. Anyway, about 15 years ago I had this bloke ask me if I minded him cutting my hedges so he could practice his passion for topiary (cutting shapes & designs into hedges).
I said I was OK with that arrangement and over the years the guy gradually created some absolutely unbelievable designs, from a giant tortoise, a Chinese pergoda and wonderful steam train image. Naturally it wasn’t just me & my ‘gardener’ that appreciated the designs and my house became well known locally and started to get loads acclaim, including an article in the local rag and a gardening magazine.
Anyway, after doing the work for about 10 years the guy out of the blue said he wanted £200 a time to continue. Topiary designs need regular work done, about once a month, so I was looking at a commitment to paying about £2.5k a year for the privilege.
That was about 5 years ago now and save to say, my hedges look pretty ordinary now (I pay a ‘gardener’ £60 to just cut them normally twice a year).......I miss my Topiary Guy!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:00 am

Kappadeano wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:44 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:27 pm
BYE BYE AND STOP BAD MOUTHING EVERYONE COZ YOU CANT DET YOUR OWN WAY.CHILDISH.
Not sure if my first effort got taken off by the Mods.

Ban me if you want.

Mate......**** off with your shouty message. How childish are you!
We haven’t ‘taken off your first effort’, it’s still on show (assuming this is the one you’re referring to) and there was no reason why it would’ve been removed :- https://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewto ... 7&start=15

RC-Moderator
Site Admin

Post by RC-Moderator » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:47 am

Actually I did delete one very sweary message late last night.
Didn't feel that it reflected well on KD or added anything other than expletives.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:23 am

It seems lost on so many that if we had a situation whereby we had 500 people like Deano willing to put their free time and energy into the Club (or even 200 maybe), this would represent positive progress. It seems a reoccurring pattern that if somebody does something in the spirit of love for the club, there is the potential for acrimony. The fact that this seems to make sense/is justifiable to a number of posters speaks volumes.

Kappadeano

Post by Kappadeano » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:24 am

RC-Moderator wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:47 am
Didn't feel that it reflected well on KD or added anything other than expletives.
It was virtually the same as what is still shown though is it not? Wasn’t that “sweary” was it! Being over dramatic I think.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:24 am

All I can say is this kind of thing has been going on for decades.
Good, loyal “supporters” deemed to be just “fans” and alienated as soon as they ask to be treated fairly or compensated for their out of pocket expenses, which the club profits from.
Looking at this philosophically, I guess us fans are guilty of forgetting that the Directors have put in huge amounts of money but they in turn don’t always appreciate not every fan can afford the time or have the same financial resources as they do.
As far as I know, apart from a few Trust and fan owned clubs maybe, owners behave the same way throughout football.
Ask any Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd or Newcastle fan if they feel respected and loved by their club’s owners ?
Maybe I’m being naive but the Trust model seems to be a far more transparent and community orientated one than the “private investment company” Mr Azeem has fashioned.
I’m pleased the club has finally announced a 5 year plan and I hope that they succeed but I just hope that they can remember all the little people that have helped them along the way.
But then again, that’s not how business works is it ?

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:39 am

Kappadeano wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:24 am
RC-Moderator wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:47 am
It was virtually the same as what is still shown though is it not? Wasn’t that “sweary” was it! Being over dramatic I think.
It was sweary and they were right to remove it for the reasons stated. If you can't remember making offensive comments a few hours ago, how reliable is your memory on other matters?

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:43 am

Headley Shot wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:24 am
I guess us fans are guilty of forgetting that the Directors have put in huge amounts of money.
A sum dwarfed by the amount that fans have put in collectively over the years. Some may argue that adminstration and such like is a function of how a business is being run and the plaudits afforded to those making emergency cash injections should be reserved until a full analysis has been conducted as to how and why it has happened.