And it’s goodbye from me

RC-Moderator
Site Admin
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:56 pm
Contact:
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by RC-Moderator » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:04 am

Unfortunately I didn't get to your second post quickly enough - so it has now been quoted and repeated (making it hard to remove)
The one last night I saw the instant you posted it - so I took it off to protect you (and everyone else) from it

margateshot
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:41 pm
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by margateshot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:42 am

I thought Kappadeanos videos were excellent. However, I think the club gave their explanation, in some detail, last night and that should be the end of it. The club has a media manager and if Kappadeano doesn't want to work alongside him then the situation is untenable. The club have their reputation to keep and there are copyright issues with the NL as well. Time to lock this I think.

ShotOnTarget
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:22 pm
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by ShotOnTarget » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:06 pm

Although the board may have a point, is it not incumbent on them to look at the direction matters might go and take the appropriate decisions at the earliest juncture possible (i.e., do not do this because this will be the consequence)? It seems as though this has come to a head after many, many man hours have been committed by Deano when a quiet word years ago to ensure clarity as to the relationship could have saved all this.

HackJowarth
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:18 pm
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by HackJowarth » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:10 pm

margateshot wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:42 am
I thought Kappadeanos videos were excellent. However, I think the club gave their explanation, in some detail, last night and that should be the end of it. The club has a media manager and if Kappadeano doesn't want to work alongside him then the situation is untenable. The club have their reputation to keep and there are copyright issues with the NL as well. Time to lock this I think.
That’s some reputation! No need to lock this now the blasphemous comments have been expunged so the likes of me aren’t offended.

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:31 pm

If it was locked I wouldn't be able to have written this.

So "it's our football club and HIS (Kappadeano's) channel"

What if Dean had titled his channel something like "ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB UNOFFICIAL" - where would this dispute be then?

Essentially the club and media marketing are saying that in their opinion they want any media footage to go through them, on the club's video channel.

Fine, I get there are copyright issues and the Vananarama angle with terms and conditions, all of that, but it is lacking a clear and definite notification, by that I mean has anyone who takes pictures, records and uploads video content wherever been sent a letter officially saying that they cannot and of they continue to do so, they would face legal action - we're not at that stage yet?

"I'll happily pay for the broken hard drive providing WE get all the content on it for ourselves"

Hmm... will they go around Youtube, social media and anywhere else it's been posted and demand its removal?

margateshot
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:41 pm
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by margateshot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:34 pm

It was explained last night that it is the NL that own the content not the club. They have even had to ask Jake not to post on his blog as he needs a licence.

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:44 pm

margateshot wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:34 pm
It was explained last night that it is the NL that own the content not the club. They have even had to ask Jake not to post on his blog as he needs a licence.
I'm just up to that part of the video now as it's the first chance I have had to view it.

The NL own the content so unfortunatley I wonder if Jake will continue recording, also I would like to know specifically what licence is needed for a person like Jake, me or whoever to put out, for example, a moment in a game right away after it's happened.

Individuals do it all the time, I have seen immediate instances on forums and social media; I have to assume very few of these people are in possession of a licence.

margateshot
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:41 pm
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by margateshot » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:49 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:44 pm
margateshot wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:34 pm
It was explained last night that it is the NL that own the content not the club. They have even had to ask Jake not to post on his blog as he needs a licence.
I'm just up to that part of the video now as it's the first chance I have had to view it.

The NL own the content so unfortunatley I wonder if Jake will continue recording, also I would like to know specifically what licence is needed for a person like Jake, me or whoever to put out, for example, a moment in a game right away after it's happened.

Individuals do it all the time, I have seen immediate instances on forums and social media; I have to assume very few of these people are in possession of a licence.
In the world we are in now it's impossible for company's to keep a lid on it. Most peoples phones have recording devices on them. I'm assuming the club have had to approach Jake as they know who he is. I'm hoping that they may be able to utilise him within the club occasionally

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:00 pm

margateshot wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:49 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:44 pm
margateshot wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:34 pm
It was explained last night that it is the NL that own the content not the club. They have even had to ask Jake not to post on his blog as he needs a licence.
I'm just up to that part of the video now as it's the first chance I have had to view it.

The NL own the content so unfortunatley I wonder if Jake will continue recording, also I would like to know specifically what licence is needed for a person like Jake, me or whoever to put out, for example, a moment in a game right away after it's happened.

Individuals do it all the time, I have seen immediate instances on forums and social media; I have to assume very few of these people are in possession of a licence.
In the world we are in now it's impossible for company's to keep a lid on it. Most peoples phones have recording devices on them. I'm assuming the club have had to approach Jake as they know who he is. I'm hoping that they may be able to utilise him within the club occasionally
Spot on. What came across to me was that Jake and Kappadeano moreso have been involved working inside the club. There are rules in place regarding content and I don't want to fall foul of it either. Had I been there at the forum I might have been able to clarify my own position as a blogger rather than a vlogger but, essentially, I'm still doing what Jake did - what should I do, wait until it gets noticed? If ever I do and I am asked to wait until the NL have their official content online, of course I would comply. Maybe it is best that I implement that course of action from now. Tell you what though, it's nice that you can. I mean, that Shields missed pen home to Barrow, think I had that online in two hours! A pity for the likes of Jake and me but there you are, there'd be anarchy in a world without rules, I'm happy to go along with what officialdom deems, it's just sometimes things are up in the air, what came out in the video at least was what the situation is regarding the rules, so now I know. On already uploaded content, it was said that the club do not have any powers to stop individual channels though so that in itself I guess means that the National League, if aware, would have to investigate.

James Frazer
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Alexandra Park
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by James Frazer » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:25 pm

I guess content and copyright protection is very difficult to police and enforce with the internet and social media. A bit like speed limits on the roads.
Every driver I know breaks the speed limits on pretty much a daily basis. Fine until you get caught. Then you learn to comply or at least be more careful.

With copyright issues on the web, people get away with loads of stuff but it is still wrong in the eyes of the law. The club cannot condone things (such as Jake's vlogs) if they are aware of copyright protection - otherwise they would be seen as complicit.

SHOTSMAN68
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:43 pm
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:47 pm

well this is all a bit of a shame, blimey nothing stays the same for long.
they were great videos will miss them for sure

Richard Petty
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:56 pm

The National league issue is a tricky one as was the Football League when we were in that.

Sadly I think for those who fall foul of their regulations its a case of being a victim of their own success. If someone does a bot of DIY filming and puts it on a personal channel that gets a few dozen hits then the League is probably not going to take any interest but if someone starts producing professionally edited footage or Vlogs that get hundreds of hits or more then they will kick off over it and stop it.

In the football league footage we shot at games even though it was filmed by our own cameraman at our expense we were not allowed to show it on our website for 48 hours because the footage copyright belonged to the Football League and our website did not belong to them. Once we moved to the FLi website in 2012 then we could show it on there because the website was just licenced to us but belonged to and was run by the Football League.

Jonty1
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:21 am
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by Jonty1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:26 am

I always enjoyed kappadeanos video which we’re of excellent quality & very well presented so so it’s a massive thanks from me & it seems to be life in general that the more you give for nothing or little reward the more harsher your treated I should should know as I was once an unpaid volunteer for the club for many a year so once again thanks kappa you will be missed

Shot By Both Sides
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Contact:
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:18 am

Still interested as to what licence it is I need that would allow me to upload a photo I took of Ethan Chislett online.

Maybe you can buy it over the counter at the Post Office.

Turnkey
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:06 pm
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by Turnkey » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:56 am

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:18 am
Still interested as to what licence it is I need that would allow me to upload a photo I took of Ethan Chislett online.

Maybe you can buy it over the counter at the Post Office.
Assuming you are serious, unless the club own Ethans image rights, all you would need is his permission. Video and TV rights are far more complicated, if you want to know what you need to post moving footage, check both the NL and BT websites, they will have contacts to their media departments who will give you the do’s and dont’s. I did it with a different company I worked for a while ago and it really isn’t the ballache you would think it is.


Post Reply