And it’s goodbye from me

Shot By Both Sides
Re: And it’s goodbye from me

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:04 am

Turnkey wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:56 am
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:18 am
Still interested as to what licence it is I need that would allow me to upload a photo I took of Ethan Chislett online.

Maybe you can buy it over the counter at the Post Office.
Assuming you are serious, unless the club own Ethans image rights, all you would need is his permission. Video and TV rights are far more complicated, if you want to know what you need to post moving footage, check both the NL and BT websites, they will have contacts to their media departments who will give you the do’s and dont’s. I did it with a different company I worked for a while ago and it really isn’t the ballache you would think it is.

Thanks, Turnkey, it was tongue in cheek.

While we might not agree with all rules, sometimes it is best to go along with them.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:55 am

This must be the longest goodbye in history.

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:37 pm

I do not understand all these rules and regulations but do know that in 1975 the year I was leaving England for Australia the last game I saw was Aldershot V Port Vale (0-0) I took a cine camera to the game and took 4 small films.
Later on I put them onto video and when I visited England in 2002 I gave a copy to Jack Rollings at the club to which I was guest for the day.
Nobody said anything about legalities of filming they were just so very happy to have a copy for the club.
How times must have changed.
I will miss watching Kappas videos and wish him all the best for the future.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:48 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:55 am
This must be the longest goodbye in history.
Can't do it now but watch me link the Camel song later, COYS!!!

Ian Rust

Post by Ian Rust » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Can the two parties not come to a settlement and meet half way? TBH I think the club are being a bit mean asking for £100 per game. Could a compromise be agreed by going halfway and Kappadeano paying just £50 to film the matches for his channel. Surely that would be reasonable.

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:13 pm

Ian Rust wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:06 pm
Can the two parties not come to a settlement and meet half way? TBH I think the club are being a bit mean asking for £100 per game. Could a compromise be agreed by going halfway and Kappadeano paying just £50 to film the matches for his channel. Surely that would be reasonable.
Isn't it the other way round, Kappadeano asking for £100 per game from the club, but apparently not being happy to work with the club media team??

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:59 pm

Norwich Nick wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:13 pm
Ian Rust wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:06 pm
Isn't it the other way round, Kappadeano asking for £100 per game from the club, but apparently not being happy to work with the club media team??
Yes.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:15 pm

On You tube Jake has left a message re the club telling him not to upload until Monday . It all seems to be a lesson in how to alienate your fan base; have our BOD being getting advice from the Oyston's ? Most telling You Tube statistic ; Jake usually gets around 1k to 2k viewing over time ; Shot's TV gets a miserable 500 . Any of our games featuring on our opponents TV score 2 to 3k hits , whereas The Shot's TV coverage gets nowhere near 1k. We seem to be determined (or our BOD seem determined) to get as much wrong as possible. Not a particularly good idea when the fan base is down to around 1400 and falling (and you don't really need an excuse not to bother turning up at present. )

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:45 pm

Spot on!

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:33 pm

It’s all political by the sounds of things and driven by the National League
Personally I’d carry on regardless filming snippets here and there.
What’s the worse thing that can happen,they’ll send the film police round 😀

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:59 am

hepcat wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:15 pm
On You tube Jake has left a message re the club telling him not to upload until Monday . It all seems to be a lesson in how to alienate your fan base; have our BOD being getting advice from the Oyston's ? Most telling You Tube statistic ; Jake usually gets around 1k to 2k viewing over time ; Shot's TV gets a miserable 500 . Any of our games featuring on our opponents TV score 2 to 3k hits , whereas The Shot's TV coverage gets nowhere near 1k. We seem to be determined (or our BOD seem determined) to get as much wrong as possible. Not a particularly good idea when the fan base is down to around 1400 and falling (and you don't really need an excuse not to bother turning up at present. )
As has already been posted on here a few times now its not the club that wont let Jake post straight away its the National League and from what has been said at the Forum it appears they have unfortunately got even more interested in his blog and have said he now needs a licence to show the footage which legally belongs to them. At the Forum Shahid and Mark made the point that the club are really disappointed as they also love Jake's work and have been keen to help and support him.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:03 am

But he can show it once their official videos are put online which mocks this supposed need for a licence.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:26 am

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:03 am
But he can show it once their official videos are put online which mocks this supposed need for a licence.
I think the transmission rules are 48 hours which of course takes it into Monday.

The licence is a different matter altogether, that dictates whether the footage can be shown at all regardless of when its uploaded. It all comes down to what constitutes professionally shot footage or personally shot footage. Technicaly FA ground regulations do not allow for any filming at all but in the days of mobile phones having video its almost impossible to manage so most grounds will turn a blind eye if its not a proper camera filming.

In terms of the league its all about how seriously they view the intent to film. If you shoot a few minutes of the action on a mobile phone to view for personal use then that would never become an issue. However If you include those few minutes in a personal blog then it starts to become a grey area. Step that up to a successful You Tube channel then it becomes a pretty dark grey area and then if the footage of the action becomes the key element of the blog and its on a you tube channel then its no longer a grey area its a very black area and that's when the League will get involved big time (Unfortunately).

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:02 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:26 am
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:03 am
I think the transmission rules are 48 hours which of course takes it into Monday.

The licence is a different matter altogether, that dictates whether the footage can be shown at all regardless of when its uploaded. It all comes down to what constitutes professionally shot footage or personally shot footage. Technicaly FA ground regulations do not allow for any filming at all but in the days of mobile phones having video its almost impossible to manage so most grounds will turn a blind eye if its not a proper camera filming.

In terms of the league its all about how seriously they view the intent to film. If you shoot a few minutes of the action on a mobile phone to view for personal use then that would never become an issue. However If you include those few minutes in a personal blog then it starts to become a grey area. Step that up to a successful You Tube channel then it becomes a pretty dark grey area and then if the footage of the action becomes the key element of the blog and its on a you tube channel then its no longer a grey area its a very black area and that's when the League will get involved big time (Unfortunately).
Interesting.

I try asking persmission if it's other people's work, tis only right and proper, But today I have seen a clip of Jack's goal on FB and I wanted to include it in my match report. So I asked the poster (still no reply) whereby on Twitter I saw that someone (relation of one of our players but not naming them lol) had already lifted the same video and posted it.

That's one of my points and others have echoed it, this social media posting is almost impossible to enforce / control, just not enough courtrooms!

I try to do things right anyway and can say that in my match reports, images are supplied with permission and if I choose to upload my own work and it infringes a rule some place then, well that's my look-out.