Re: Match day thread vs CHESTERFIELD

Post by Cph.shots » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:01 am

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:55 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:38 pm
Shame we didn't get to have a chat HWS.
That would have been quite a task logistically. :lol:
Think we were both at the game, I was at any rate.

Chalkie

Post by Chalkie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:07 am

bordon shot wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 pm
3 tough games in a week and haven’t lost any of them so that has to be a good thing.
Though we led in all three games, yet only came away with 5 points.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:12 am

ians wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:49 pm
I notice that nobody mentions Connor Sheilds at all!

This is not susprising as you often forget he is playing. The most anonymous, and ineffective forward player I can remember for a very long time, If you are going to play one up front the supporting players need to offer some real threat, he needs to be shipped out!
Didn't think he was that bad and certainly not all his fault.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:19 am

I do wonder if Danny puts too much attention to the opposition instead of just making sure we are right. Returning to 4 at the back was clearly a tactical decision based on his views of Chesterfield’s setup. But today didn’t seem to work great, the midfield certainly struggled with Rance getting dragged back regularly. Rowe wasn’t ready to come back and he dropped Hunt, one of our best players in recent games.

Now that we e found some confidence, I’d rather see us simply play to our strengths and try to dominate games.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:24 am

The first half won’t live long in the memory... Good pen by Ethan. Thought we had the better of the second half after going ahead and just needed to keep it going. Definitely wasn’t the time to change formation!

Disgusted we went to the corner flag before the 5 minutes were even put up! Would have been nice to see Walker use his pace against Evans and the other lump!

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:20 am

Alex wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:28 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:25 pm
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:24 pm
Official attendance announced: 1637 (I predicted 1600+) and think they said 97 away fans, sorry 94 away fans, what an EMBARRASSMENT!!
Were you there?
I also thought it was announced as 1637 (94) but it flashed up as something different on the scoreboard?
Wasn't looking at the scoreboard Alex, that was on and off like everything else! I just typed what it said over the PA but couldn't see where folk were getting the 1534 from here on the forum.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:49 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:19 am
I do wonder if Danny puts too much attention to the opposition instead of just making sure we are right. Returning to 4 at the back was clearly a tactical decision based on his views of Chesterfield’s setup. But today didn’t seem to work great, the midfield certainly struggled with Rance getting dragged back regularly. Rowe wasn’t ready to come back and he dropped Hunt, one of our best players in recent games.

Now that we e found some confidence, I’d rather see us simply play to our strengths and try to dominate games.
We have one of too many staff that is full time looking at the opposition.
Just play your own game especially at home.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:14 am

A couple of things this morning, first my take on the match...

https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/12/0 ... spireites/

Let's discuss it over breakfast!

plus I've put together a read on one of Adershot's best known celeb fans...

https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/12/0 ... dy-legend/

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:26 am

shotshammo wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:00 am
The problem with throw-ins needs to be addressed, we should not be throwing the ball to the opposition as much as we do.
And yet our 2nd goal was started by a quick throw to Chislett who pulled the ball back for Powell to score. Amazing what can happen when players move and utilise spaces.

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:27 am

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:20 am
Alex wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:28 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:25 pm

Were you there?
I also thought it was announced as 1637 (94) but it flashed up as something different on the scoreboard?
Wasn't looking at the scoreboard Alex, that was on and off like everything else! I just typed what it said over the PA but couldn't see where folk were getting the 1534 from here on the forum.
The 1534 was tweeted out by the club at 422pm; the higher (presumably correct) attendance was tweeted a few minutes later

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 am

We are now the only NL side who hasn't had a player red-carded so far this season.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:06 am

Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 am
We are now the only NL side who hasn't had a player red-carded so far this season.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think any of our opposition have had a red card against us either. 24 league games in and not a single red card seen.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:13 am

Very disappointed to concede that late goal it took the shine over what had been another decent performance and would have been a deserved win. As Lewis Kinsella said in his Man of the match interview the issue was that they defended the space rather than the player which in my opinion to be blunt was a very basic error and one that many fans were shouting out just before the cross came in.

However after the Dagenham game there were a good many posters on here that suggested a good result out of the next three games County, Yeovil & Chesterfield would be 4 points, well we actually achieved 5 points and undefeated in three games so we are at least on the right track.

The low home attendance puzzled me, with no home game between now and the 21st December (unless we draw at Torquay in the trophy) I thought people who don't go to away games would want to get their last fix of football for three weeks, its disappointing especially after two good results against County and Yeovil.

This last comment is a little embarrassing though perhaps also humorous. Some while into the first half (which wasn't as good as the second half) I looked at the scoreboard and saw the time on there was 14.53 and without thinking turned to someone and said blimey this half is really dragging it feels a lot longer than 15 minutes gone. It was then pointed out to me that in fact 37 minutes had passed and that was the clock stuck on the pre match time :oops:

shot62

Post by shot62 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:24 am

Don’t often comment on here (always read though)...just thought would give my take on where we are....Five points out of the last three games not bad (would have been a lot better if we had drawn with County and beat Chesterfield)....and obviously yesterday we were so close to three points and I also along with others on here don’t understand why we tried to keep it in the corner like that ....anyway....although we could get dragged down over the next couple of games I still feel we are in a better position then last year as last season I couldn’t even see where a result was coming from....but over the last few games we have shown some better form and some believe.....

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:30 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:41 pm
We had Chesterfield on the rack for the last 10-15 minutes of the game, and we should have gone in for the kill. Heading for the corner flag was dumb, especially as their defenders were physically dominant. I hope the manager and players learn something from this.
Just like Holdsworth used to and that worked aswell :lol: