Match day thread vs CHESTERFIELD

Statto
Re: Match day thread vs CHESTERFIELD

Post by Statto » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:31 pm

Alex wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:30 pm
Mytshot wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm
Unbelievable. Shocking defending. 3 points thrown away.
Have you seen how tall Denton is?

I’m actually more disappointed Walker couldn’t keep the ball out at his near post.

We seemed a bit lethargic and weren’t at our best today. Some good individual performances though.

A draw was a fair result, IMO.
I'm actually more disappointed the bloody tall Max Hunt was nowhere near Denton!

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:36 pm

Really disappointing not to see the game out, especially as Chesterfield weren’t great. Even more frustrating as presumably Hunt was brought on to shore things up.

Kinsella had another good game and was rightfully man of the match in my opinion. Powell got better as the game went on and has a good future in the game.

We lacked a bit of energy today, especially first half. Maybe missed Whittingham’s drive in midfield and possibly the two tough previous games took their toll.

I think we have enough about us to stay up as long as we stay injury free and continue with the work rate to grind out enough results. It’s going to be tough though.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:38 pm

Heron wood shot 1964 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:29 pm
What a load of rubbish that game was won’t be going baxk to the rec for a long time I now have given up no fans no atmosphere the rec is so dead on a Saturday
My first game of the season.
Thought the team were OK, some very good.
Disappointing first half and felt a bit flat in the high st end of North stand but much better atmosphere
In the east end of North stand.
Obviously disappointed with the result, felt we played some great football at times.
Keep supporting the team and they will get better.
Shame we didn't get to have a chat HWS.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:45 pm

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 pm
What a rubbish game and no fans this club is only going one way and that is down
Cheery bye

ians

Post by ians » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:49 pm

I notice that nobody mentions Connor Sheilds at all!

This is not susprising as you often forget he is playing. The most anonymous, and ineffective forward player I can remember for a very long time, If you are going to play one up front the supporting players need to offer some real threat, he needs to be shipped out!

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:38 pm
Shame we didn't get to have a chat HWS.
That would have been quite a task logistically. :lol:

GuyB

Post by GuyB » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:59 pm

What a load of rubbish that game was won’t be going baxk to the rec for a long time I now have given up no fans no atmosphere the rec is so dead on a Saturday
Perhaps you could use the time saved to learn how to use punctuation.

baldershot

Post by baldershot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:10 pm

One thing that really frustrated me was the messing around in the corner from the 89th minute onwards. In the end we conceded a throw in, and with everyone concentrated into a small space, left half the pitch free for Chesterfield to run into leading to the goal. I know this is meant to be "game management" - I think it was game mismanagement. It so reminded me of Middlesbrough in the FA Cup.

oakshot

Post by oakshot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:14 pm

Jog on you silly child.

GuyB

Post by GuyB » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:21 pm

baldershot wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:10 pm
One thing that really frustrated me was the messing around in the corner from the 89th minute onwards. In the end we conceded a throw in, and with everyone concentrated into a small space, left half the pitch free for Chesterfield to run into leading to the goal. I know this is meant to be "game management" - I think it was game mismanagement. It so reminded me of Middlesbrough in the FA Cup.
I'm with you on that. Attack is the best form of defence - at least keep the ball moving and away from the opposition.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:23 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:00 pm
No idea where the officials found 5 mins added time from. No excuse though, we failed to close it out. S
Let's all please ignore HWS's clickbait comments and hope he carries out his threat to stay away. Image
Spot on.Twice. :roll:

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:28 pm

baldershot wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:10 pm
i was going to say that as well why muck about down in the corner when we were playing pretty well at the time and didnt the chesterfield guy then take the throw in 10 metres further up the pitch from where it went out

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:29 pm

GuyB wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:59 pm
Perhaps you could use the time saved to learn how to use punctuation.
I wonder how long “a long time” will be? Next home game (barring a Trophy replay) is three weeks time (21st). It’s almost a ‘place yer bets’ scenario.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:38 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:23 pm
chimpster99 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:00 pm
No idea where the officials found 5 mins added time from. No excuse though, we failed to close it out. S
Let's all please ignore HWS's clickbait comments and hope he carries out his threat to stay away. Image
Spot on.Twice. :roll:
Walking home I was wondering about those 5 additional minutes. We had 6 substitutions, one a double one, plus two goal celebrations that were more or less a minute apiece. Didn’t Chislett need treatment near the South Stand? Add a bit for time-wasting and that could be how it all adds up.

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:41 pm

First game for a while
very poor first half
really enjoyed the second should have seen that out at 2-1
not sure if i would have taken chislett off
was in the east bank and the atmosphere was really good
hope to go again on the 21st
It was good to see the manager give all the players a hug when going in before the start dont remember other managers doing that with the players before the start, i like to see that.