You guys on Shotsweb

EastbankAndy
You guys on Shotsweb

Post by EastbankAndy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:43 pm

Wow!!

I think this site should be closed down as anyone who views this site would probably think it’s the death nell of a once well supported glorious club....... you don’t promote the good things about the club, only the negative. Have you ever considered that?

I’m sure this will get mocked or shot down but the majority of people I talk to who actually attend matches as opposed to sitting behind this media access say this site is toxic!!

Cmon..... give me your views and I bet I can counter your arguments......

Old Bob
Re: You guys on Shotsweb

Post by Old Bob » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:57 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:43 pm
Wow!!

I think this site should be closed down as anyone who views this site would probably think it’s the death nell of a once well supported glorious club....... you don’t promote the good things about the club, only the negative. Have you ever considered that?

I’m sure this will get mocked or shot down but the majority of people I talk to who actually attend matches as opposed to sitting behind this media access say this site is toxic!!

Here's a view, Andy. This site is for the frank interchange of opinions about the club, by supporters. It's not a public relations or advertising site. The club itself can do that if it wishes to. It's in the nature of things that supporters will criticise if they think things are going wrong. After all, identifying problems has to be the first step in fixing them. Some will also praise when they see good things. Lately we have not seen so much that is good. (Look at the league table and check the number of games we have lost so far this season and you will see what I mean.) So you expect there to be a fair amount of negative comment.
OK, so my view is that the frank interchange of ideas is not of itself "toxic" as you put it. Some posters do rather overstep the mark with their criticisms, but they get censored by the moderators if they are out of line.

AberdeenShots

Post by AberdeenShots » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:02 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Wow!!

I bet you popped in the gumshield before typing that one up squire. 10 out of 10 for bottle :)

MIB

Post by MIB » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:11 pm

Well done Andy. You post two threads in a row, after a game.

*THIS SENTENCE HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO THE PHRASEOLOGY USED. YOU MAY NOT AGREE WITH THE OPENING POST, MIB, BUT TRY TO REFRAIN FROM SIMILAR COMMENTS PLEASE!*

No need for this thread to try and antagonise. Old Bob puts it well. Thank you.

Tongham Shots

Post by Tongham Shots » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:32 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:57 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Wow!!

Here's a view, Andy. This site is for the frank interchange of opinions about the club, by supporters. It's not a public relations or advertising site. The club itself can do that if it wishes to. It's in the nature of things that supporters will criticise if they think things are going wrong. After all, identifying problems has to be the first step in fixing them. Some will also praise when they see good things. Lately we have not seen so much that is good. (Look at the league table and check the number of games we have lost so far this season and you will see what I mean.) So you expect there to be a fair amount of negative comment.
OK, so my view is that the frank interchange of ideas is not of itself "toxic" as you put it. Some posters do rather overstep the mark with their criticisms, but they get censored by the moderators if they are out of line.
Excellent post, Bob.

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:14 pm

The beauty of this site is it caters for people of all ages and various knowledge of football.
As has been stated on here many times, if you don't like some of the comments then you have choices.
Ignore the ones you don't agree with, comment on them with the hope your view will be accepted, stop subscribing to it.
These open sights are not for the faint hearted. I don't think anyone who subscribes on here has gone unscathed.
A reasonable objection (language wise, for example) will be dealt with.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:57 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Wow!!

Agree 100% with this bit.
However, I do think there’s far too much negativity still, especially considering most recent form.

Disagree on that point. With the exception of Daggers away I’d say 2 wins and 2 draws in the league and promising new signings with encouraging improved performances makes November 2019 a good month.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:58 pm

:lol:
MIB wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:11 pm

*THIS SENTENCE HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO THE PHRASEOLOGY USED. YOU MAY NOT AGREE WITH THE OPENING POST, MIB, BUT TRY TO REFRAIN FROM SIMILAR COMMENTS PLEASE!*

Is this an example of toxic?

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:13 am

Debate is a fundamental principle of all democratic society. Shotsweb is no different.

Yes there is stuff on here which is plain daft (dare I say ludicrous) at times, some strong opinion, some stuff we may regret in the morning when we sober up, but also some good honest points of view. I agree with some of it and some of it I don't, but I respect the view of the poster, even if I don't agree with it. That is democracy

Shotsweb isn't an "Official" earpiece of the club, or a "Ministry of Propaganda" but rather the opinions of the people, who in some way or the other, love this club.

If you don't like what you read, you have your choices.

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:36 am

Bellender ,Nanu Nanu or stoo ,take your pick . Obsessed ,but they don't care really.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:20 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:58 pm
:lol:
MIB wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:11 pm

Pretty pathetic reply... So childish... We don't need to know about your love life. No need for that
Probably drank too many shandies

Is this an example of toxic?

A.T.F.C 92

Post by A.T.F.C 92 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:46 am

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:36 am
Bellender ,Nanu Nanu or stoo ,take your pick . Obsessed ,but they don't care really.
Very obvious really had it ain't just me that thinks it

karlready

Post by karlready » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:08 am

Maybe it’s just me, but I am having difficulty in comprehending an increasing number of posts on this site.Possibly some persons do not have English as their first language.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:13 am

I think that Stoo is slightly pro shots unlike the other chip on their shoulder bellends on their bland forum!

ians

Post by ians » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Every club in the country has a board like this and some are much worse!
Its just football talk as if you were in the pub debating nothing more....