You guys on Shotsweb

Lazio
Re: You guys on Shotsweb

Post by Lazio » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:37 pm

I think this site is hilarious, where else could you read a level of nonsense like you get on here. Posters range from people taking things to seriously to the seriously disturbed.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:07 pm

karlready wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:08 am
Maybe it’s just me, but I am having difficulty in comprehending an increasing number of posts on this site.Possibly some persons do not have English as their first language.
Another problem is when people type their comments in the middle of an earlier post they are trying to quote. Impossible to follow who has said what. An example in this thread a few comments ago.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:41 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:43 pm
Wow!!

I think this site should be closed down as anyone who views this site would probably think it’s the death nell of a once well supported glorious club....... you don’t promote the good things about the club, only the negative. Have you ever considered that?

I’m sure this will get mocked or shot down but the majority of people I talk to who actually attend matches as opposed to sitting behind this media access say this site is toxic!!

Cmon..... give me your views and I bet I can counter your arguments......
I agree. Platform's like these in the Internet age tend to produce emotional stuff as there isnt a person next to us so we don't have to think about a reaction..? I have tried to post something positive about the new stadium development so don't lump me in with this lot!!! 😂

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:51 pm

I think you get full the full range of views in here, some well constructed, some less so.

Nothing on here is life changing , so keep a sense of perspective

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:49 pm

Winning two in a row would be life changing Ian. :lol:

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:04 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Wow!!

I think this site should be closed down as anyone who views this site would probably think it’s the death nell of a once well supported glorious club....... you don’t promote the good things about the club, only the negative. Have you ever considered that?

I’m sure this will get mocked or shot down but the majority of people I talk to who actually attend matches as opposed to sitting behind this media access say this site is toxic!!

Totally agree, mainly why I don't come on here as much these days or post anymore.

If you really wanted to give yourself depression then this is the perfect place.

Too many are in fantasy land and the flack Danny has had along with the Shahid I don't feel comfortable with.

100% this site drags the club down and in no way helps - would do the club a favour to shut it down!

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:04 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Wow!!

Totally agree, mainly why I don't come on here as much these days or post anymore.

If you really wanted to give yourself depression then this is the perfect place.

Too many are in fantasy land and the flack Danny has had along with the Shahid I don't feel comfortable with.

100% this site drags the club down and in no way helps - would do the club a favour to shut it down!
Where were you born Russia. Democracy means open debate. Shotsweb is great.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 pm

I'm sure EastbankAndy & Oliver11 are correct,Shahid & Danny both love to shut Shotsweb Down.

I'm sure there are fans that do not read Shotsweb anymore because they see it as negative or challenge their own views on our Club.

I'm sure 48% of the voting electorate didn't want to leave the EU.

I'm sure some folk cannot stand watching soap operas.

In truth, nobody forces anyone to do anything they don't want to do.

Nobody forces me to read Shotsweb

Nobody cares if I have an alternative view to their own, or I post it on here.

Danny & Shahid do not give a t*ss to what is written on any media outlet that doesn't agree with their own view, I believe it has been posted on here neither bother reading Shotsweb in any case.

Simple fact is, some folk do not like being challenged on any opinion that differs from their own, so the easiest thing to do is just dismiss those opinions and pass them off as rubbish.

And that is exactly what is wrong today with our country, everybody is only right if it falls in line with their own view. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO narrow minded.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:43 pm

This is a forum for free speech and opinion and actually could well prevent the manager and the team from getting more stick at games.
Some choose to vent their frustration on here to blow off steam. If that doesn't conform to others views then so be it.
I have mainly enjoyed reading and being part of Shotsweb over the years (in this and its former shape).
It would be a travesty and the wrong thing to do, for a few of the more positive (well this season anyway,) to drive the idea of shutting down this forum becuase some peoples view differs from their own.

I get a bit twitchy when its down for an hour or so, god knows what I would be like if it went off completely.

Keep up the good work and the service, RC and Birdy, its really appreciated by most of us anyway.

PS I bet they do read it from time to time....Hi Danny and Shahid :D

TopShot

Post by TopShot » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:19 pm

There are a few on here that have been posting for some time who have their own "following" who seem to agree with anything they say and tend to fight the battles on their behalf when others do not agree with it.

There are posters who are only here for controversy who will just drop something for the reaction it gets.

There are posters who don't think and just post what is on their mind.

You have posters that are more level headed posters who think before they type and reply to others messages.

Then which I believe probably applied to most people on here, we have those who's opinion is so fixed they cannot see beyond it or listen to others without turning it into a slagging match.

Everyone is different, unfortunately on here most of the time it turns into a 'them and us' scenario rather then a debate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion good or bad but there are ways of dealing with differences.

Me Mums a Shot

Post by Me Mums a Shot » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:19 pm

TopShot wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:19 pm
There are a few on here that have been posting for some time who have their own "following" who seem to agree with anything they say and tend to fight the battles on their behalf when others do not agree with it.

There are posters who are only here for controversy who will just drop something for the reaction it gets.

There are posters who don't think and just post what is on their mind.

You have posters that are more level headed posters who think before they type and reply to others messages.

Then which I believe probably applied to most people on here, we have those who's opinion is so fixed they cannot see beyond it or listen to others without turning it into a slagging match.

Everyone is different, unfortunately on here most of the time it turns into a 'them and us' scenario rather then a debate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion good or bad but there are ways of dealing with differences.
One of the best explanations of this place in a while - well said!