All talk, no action?

WTF
Re: All talk, no action?

Post by WTF » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:38 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:01 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49 pm
My thread seems to have gone off piste somewhat.

My biggest concern is the failure by DS to sign players so obviously needed, despite very often making waves to do so.

Maybe we can get back on track discussing this?
I blame ATFC henry. If he hadn’t mentioned (on p1) the £400k reduction in our budget then WTF wouldn’t have ‘gawn orf on one’.

Boo, henry!
Boo, WTF!

😁
Why do you suggest I've gone off on one? All things link, I am merely a very concerned supporter as you should be?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:45 pm

WTF wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:38 pm
Birdman wrote:
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49 pm
My thread seems to have gone off piste somewhat.

My biggest concern is the failure by DS to sign players so obviously needed, despite very often making waves to do so.

Maybe we can get back on track discussing this?
I blame ATFC henry. If he hadn’t mentioned (on p1) the £400k reduction in our budget then WTF wouldn’t have ‘gawn orf on one’.

Boo, henry!
Boo, WTF!

😁
Why do you suggest I've gone off on one? All things link, I am merely a very concerned supporter as you should be?
It was an attempt to lighten the mood, WTF. I have obviously failed. ☹️
<————— 🚶‍♂️

WTF

Post by WTF » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:01 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:45 pm
WTF wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:38 pm
Birdman wrote:

Boo, henry!
Boo, WTF!

😁
It was an attempt to lighten the mood, WTF. I have obviously failed. ☹️
<————— 🚶‍♂️
Yes I do realise that and I apologise for answering the way I did. 👍

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:13 pm

BLEEDIN 'ELL .............. my thread is getting like an episode of The Waltons, fall outs, love in's, hugging, stomping feet ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

IS DANNY GETTING ANY PLAYERS IN THIS WEEK?

Simple enough aint it :o :lol:

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:28 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:13 pm
BLEEDIN 'ELL .............. my thread is getting like an episode of The Waltons, fall outs, love in's, hugging, stomping feet ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Theirs a new flip chart on order should be in by the weekend. :lol:

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:13 pm

And quickly becoming an episode from Dallas...Could it be the good Dr coming out of the shower & it was all a dream, asking “Are we still in the football league” ? 😂😂

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:15 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:20 pm
Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:15 pm
Whatever the truth of such matters it highlights poor judgement of the board... Richard Pettys comments confirm this when he states the board decided to spend money we didnt have during Waddocks 2nd spell in the gamble we would get promoted. This failed and we are paying the price now and will continue to for some time.

These are the people who will be entrusted with, as described above, the once in a life time opportunity of developing the ground. Lets hope they get it right.
But is it poor judgement or actually doing exactly what we wanted them to do, if we were for example 2 points off the play offs at the moment instead of near the bottom wouldn't we be screaming at the board to spend the extra money to get us over the line. Back in Garys management period If they hadn't taken the decision to allow Gary to go a bit over budget (assuming it wasn't too much over) and we hadn't made the play offs as a consequence I have a feeling we would (me included) have been fuming that they didn't have a go.
Its poor judgement.

Of course we as fans want to see the club win things and demand the club sign extra players to do so but we are emotionally attached and thinking with our hearts.. We want these things but we arent in posession of the financial facts at the time and entrust the running of the club to those that are.

the board are stewards of the club, its their job to run the club with their heads and make sure its run prudently not take unnecessary gambles as the nature of football tells you these will fail more often than not.

I would add that waddocks additional spending more often than not came from the fans anyway... Golden ticket....!!

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:58 am

I would add that waddocks additional spending more often than not came from the fans anyway... Golden ticket....!!
And as in previous seasons now, we have In For A Shot, so fan input financially is still having same impact as GW had. However at present unlike GW signing players seems to be big issue.

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:37 am

There is an argument to be made that it's not only how much you can spend, but how you spend it - is Danny getting the most bang for our buck?

During the forum, he made a statement about James Rowe being the best footballer at the club. That might be true, but based upon his injury history and adaptability to the rough and tumble of the National League, was Rowe a smart acquisition? I think most fans would say he's a luxury we can ill-afford yet Danny gave him a 12-month contract.

In some way, it's like the weekly grocery budget we all live with. My wife knows which supermarket to shop in, which products to buy/avoid, and how to eke-out the maximum value from our budget so we all eat nutritionally-balanced meals - she's been doing it for nearly thirty years. If I sent my seventeen-year-old daughter to do the weekly shop, we'd be living on cereal, noodles, and chicken nuggets.

In short, it's a lazy excuse to blame a lack of funds.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:13 am

WTF wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:59 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:53 pm
abee wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:41 pm

I stand by my posts above and I'm sick to death of this. Every board makes mistakes and it goes with the territory but to try and foist off the appointment of a General Manager (immediately promoted to CEO) on 'advisors' is absolutely not true.

Please don't try and change the argument ABEE. No One has ever blamed you for the choice of person, I certainly haven't, what I and others question in hindsight is whether we ever needed "Anyone" in that role. Only those who worked closely with Laura can judge if she was the right person or not and if she wasn't then yes that's a recruitment issue if she was but the role was unnecessary that's a different matter.

But regardless of being "sick of it" you have for ages tried to distance your self from the decision to employ a General Manager in the first place and that a bit out of order
Is that YOU or WE as the board speaking?

Sorry you are out of order talking to Abee like that.
Like What? Richard Is just relaying facts thant he knows and has experienced in a polit and correct manner, nothing at all wrong with what he has said or how he has said it.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:14 am

Turnkey wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:02 pm
Gentlemen, you two clearly don’t agree with each other, or particularly like each other. Is there any chance you can take this elsewhere, PM, punch-up in the Eastbank car park, duel at 10 paces, I care not which, just not here. Your unseemly squabbling does neither of you credit and it is sad seeing two respected posters resorting to virtual brawling.

What’s done is done, it’s history. Can’t we just look forward and try to move on rather than backwards and try to apportion blame all the time?
Noooooo, I'm enjoying this!

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 am

I’m on my 3rd bag of crisps 🙈😂

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:30 am

Lazio wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:58 pm
This forum gets better, AEM and Heronwood yesterday Abee and Richard today. Try and remember it's only a game.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:35 am

Turnkey wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:25 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Turnkey made the point that this appeared to be personal and that we don't like each other, to be honest I think I only ever met ABEE once or twice and certainly didn't have any negative reaction from those occasions. My posts today have been based purely on ABEES past and present posts on shotsweb and nothing other than that.
Ah, a poor assumption on my behalf then, I assumed you knew each other better. Still think PM is a better place for this kind of discussion, or better still, over a pint with a handshake afterwards.
I don't understand a few people not being interested in the topic ABEE and RP ar discussing. A lot of us want to know why and how some decisions regarding the running of the club are taken, now we have two people giving a very informed insight and people don't seem interested!

scorp

Post by scorp » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:39 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:52 pm
I wonder if the Archers ever will end, is Walter Gabrial still in it.

<snip>
Alas, poor Yorick. Walter Gabriel is dead these eleven years since.