Corona Virus

Disturbed Postie
Re: Corona Virus

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed May 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Boris shaking hands with sick elderly people was an interesting idea 🦘

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Wed May 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Spurs player breaks lockdown for the third time unbelievable.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed May 20, 2020 5:50 pm

Probably deli Ali?

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Wed May 20, 2020 5:59 pm

No mate a bloke called Aurier.

Trouts

Post by Trouts » Wed May 20, 2020 6:18 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:48 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:41 pm
bordon shot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:36 pm
It won't come as a surprise to me that those who criticise the PM (whilst praising the paedophile defender), will be the first to slaughter Danny when we lose our first game in the new season .

Their masters degree in hindsight is something they must cherish. 🙄
Such a shame. Untill now there have been interesting posts from intelligent people.
Your opinion & you're entitled to it, as is mine. The irony in your comment is uncanny.
absolutely Mr Bordon Shot, just interested to know what you've based your opinion of Starmer* being a "paedophile defender" on??
i'm assuming some grasp of the complex nature of the UK legal system as opposed to idle newspaper talk.
looking forward to you clarifying.

* also assuming you meant Mr Starmer.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Wed May 20, 2020 6:46 pm

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:25 pm
Tony..excellent summary. You key word is Regional. Germany is a collection of federal states who often act independently. By allowing this, rather than a one size fits all approach, and supporting the area in most need via national overview, they managed the crisis within the national infrastructure (also were able to accommodated 70 Dutch into their IC units along the border).
That and their world class health facilities and stunning efficiency!!
Paradoxically for very much the same reason, this is probably why the USA has become such a mess with Covid (Donald probably wouldn't agree though). There appears little national strategy and co-ordination with the various State Governments doing a "Fleetwood Mac" and going their own way and wanting to disregard such medical and scientific evidence that exists.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Wed May 20, 2020 7:13 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:46 pm
Wokingham Shot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:25 pm
Tony..excellent summary. You key word is Regional. Germany is a collection of federal states who often act independently. By allowing this, rather than a one size fits all approach, and supporting the area in most need via national overview, they managed the crisis within the national infrastructure (also were able to accommodated 70 Dutch into their IC units along the border).
That and their world class health facilities and stunning efficiency!!
Paradoxically for very much the same reason, this is probably why the USA has become such a mess with Covid (Donald probably wouldn't agree though). There appears little national strategy and co-ordination with the various State Governments doing a "Fleetwood Mac" and going their own way and wanting to disregard such medical and scientific evidence that exists.
I think there’s such a hatred and mistrust between Republicans and Democrats that the politics seems more important than solving the problem.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Wed May 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Sounds like the story here from reading this thread. Hatred and mistrust between Tories and Labour. Same between Brexiteers and Remainers. WE just cannot work to resolve problems together.

ACA

Post by ACA » Thu May 21, 2020 8:57 am

Trouts wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:18 pm
absolutely Mr Bordon Shot, just interested to know what you've based your opinion of Starmer* being a "paedophile defender" on??
i'm assuming some grasp of the complex nature of the UK legal system as opposed to idle newspaper talk.
looking forward to you clarifying.

* also assuming you meant Mr Starmer.
Tabloid headlines and doctored videos are often enough for some, unfortunately (regardless of their location on the political spectrum).

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Thu May 21, 2020 9:42 am

The figure that should be published every day in bold print is the number of new cases.
It's over 2,000 currently, until that figure is reduced to two figures, we are not winning.
The essence of control is knowing exactly who has got the disease and where they are geographically.

Trouts

Post by Trouts » Thu May 21, 2020 11:45 am

Localshot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Sounds like the story here from reading this thread. Hatred and mistrust between Tories and Labour. Same between Brexiteers and Remainers. WE just cannot work to resolve problems together.
some might say that was the goal all along...

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 pm

shotshammo wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:42 am
The figure that should be published every day in bold print is the number of new cases.
It's over 2,000 currently, until that figure is reduced to two figures, we are not winning.
The essence of control is knowing exactly who has got the disease and where they are geographically.
May indeed be 2000 daily however there are degrees of having the virus and very very few of those with it need to be hospitalised. That is still too many however. The majority of those with the virus are able to recover at home in safe isolation.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Thu May 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Maybe there will be vaccine maybe there won't the fact is we will have to live with it for a long time. The virus like all others was created by nature or man messing with nature so in the end nature will find a cure. Until then only common sense can provide any safety.

tonygodfrey

Post by tonygodfrey » Thu May 21, 2020 4:14 pm

Localshot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 pm
shotshammo wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:42 am
May indeed be 2000 daily however there are degrees of having the virus and very very few of those with it need to be hospitalised. That is still too many however. The majority of those with the virus are able to recover at home in safe isolation.
That's true Local but the nastiness of the virus is also contained in the fact that there are no symptoms in something like 30% of those infected but they can still spread it. That is why testing and contact tracing are so vital because you need to make those 30% aware that they might have it and do everything possible to stop them spreading it.

So (as above) knowledge of who has it and precisely where they are is absolutely vital to stopping the spread and regaining some sort of control.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Thu May 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Tony...I agree but I must admit to not truly understanding how it works. The most likely chance of me catching the virus is when walking the dog. If I caught it I would have absolutely no idea whom those people might be if I was asked whom I met. Maybe it was the man with the husky!! I hope it does work of course.