France - 21
Spain - 3
Italy - 34
Netherlands - 3
Belgium - 4
Portugal - 6
Poland - 16
UK - 149

It seems the rest of Europe is getting to grips with it but for some reason, not here. Maybe European common sense is now more effective than good old British common sense.
Figures tell their own story. Good old Boris.

lanternhall
Re: Corona Virus

Post by lanternhall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:18 pm

Somerset Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:32 am
Mytshot wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:57 am
Number of deaths to Covid-19 yesterday:
Germany - 9
France - 21
Spain - 3
Italy - 34
Netherlands - 3
Belgium - 4
Portugal - 6
Poland - 16
UK - 149

It seems the rest of Europe is getting to grips with it but for some reason, not here. Maybe European common sense is now more effective than good old British common sense.
The arguments and recriminations will rumble on forever because there is no definitive explanation for the statistics. As always, a combination of factors does seem to be contributing to this country’s appalling responses. The Government has lost any semblance of control. Children choose whether they go to school or just stay at home. Inner-city youths hold so-called parties to goad police into a confrontation. Families drive for hours to pack onto a beach. Protesters gather in city squares to march around and shout about this week’s fashionable issue. Football supporters pack the streets to sing about winning a football competition.

There is no point appealing to British common sense because that packed up and left years ago. For now it would be helpful if those in authority started to demonstrate that the anti-social and downright lawless mobs are not going to be allowed to further degrade an erstwhile cohesive society.
I realise from previous posts that you do not have a high opinion of me but I agree with you..
I believe that we now live in mob culture. The police have been so under resourced for years, that they can't enforce law and order.
There is no respect for law and order.

One point I do disagree on. This is not a cohesive society.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:11 pm

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:18 pm

Looks like states like Florida are also experiencing a high incidence of cases of obesity.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Double standards.
Liverpool lose a game of football and moan that 3000 Spanish fans were allowed to visit their city peacefully for a couple of hours.
Liverpool win the PL, and thousands gather in the city lawlessly for two nights.

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:10 pm
Double standards.
Liverpool lose a game of football and moan that 3000 Spanish fans were allowed to visit their city peacefully for a couple of hours.
Liverpool win the PL, and thousands gather in the city lawlessly for two nights.
I see your point, IMO, the day they allowed the mob to gather in London, pull down & desecrate statues...The law was lost.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:33 pm

I predicted that there would be rioting using the lockdown as an excuse. Two murders in Manchester and over 100 police injured in London sadly is no surprise. What makes it worse is in the north west the infection rate is above average

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:37 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:21 pm
Crowthorne wrote:
Double standards.
I see your point, IMO, the day they allowed the mob to gather in London, pull down & desecrate statues...The law was lost.
It was lost during the congas and street parties for VE Day and then a certain individual’s eyesight-testing trip to Durham.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:10 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:37 pm
bordon shot wrote:
Crowthorne wrote:
Double standards.
It was lost during the congas and street parties for VE Day and then a certain individual’s eyesight-testing trip to Durham.
Completely right. The publics trust in governments lock down and intention of abiding by it was lost when Cummings behaviour became public. Especially as he kept his job. "If he can do it. Why can't we"?

If we have second wave, which I believe we will, Cummings has a lot to answer for.

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:42 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:18 pm
Somerset Shot wrote:
Mytshot wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:57 am
Number of deaths to Covid-19 yesterday:
Germany - 9
France - 21
Spain - 3
Italy - 34
Netherlands - 3
Belgium - 4
Portugal - 6
Poland - 16
UK - 149

The arguments and recriminations will rumble on forever because there is no definitive explanation for the statistics. As always, a combination of factors does seem to be contributing to this country’s appalling responses. The Government has lost any semblance of control. Children choose whether they go to school or just stay at home. Inner-city youths hold so-called parties to goad police into a confrontation. Families drive for hours to pack onto a beach. Protesters gather in city squares to march around and shout about this week’s fashionable issue. Football supporters pack the streets to sing about winning a football competition.

There is no point appealing to British common sense because that packed up and left years ago. For now it would be helpful if those in authority started to demonstrate that the anti-social and downright lawless mobs are not going to be allowed to further degrade an erstwhile cohesive society.
I realise from previous posts that you do not have a high opinion of me but I agree with you..
I believe that we now live in mob culture. The police have been so under resourced for years, that they can't enforce law and order.

LH, I have nothing against you personally as I don’t know you. I will admit that I find some of your opinions offensive and somewhat contradictory at times but I’m sure many people feel similarly about my posts on here. That’s the nature of debate.

One thing, I do not think this is a cohesive society either hence my use of the word erstwhile....it was once cohesive but is no longer so.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:28 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
bordon shot wrote:
Crowthorne wrote:
Double standards.
It would seem these things are acceptable, as is "protecting" statues whilst getting pi#*ed and pi*#ing on memorials, it's only unacceptable if you are part of a (presumably lefty) "mob".

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Somerset Shot wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:42 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:18 pm
Somerset Shot wrote:

LH, I have nothing against you personally as I don’t know you. I will admit that I find some of your opinions offensive and somewhat contradictory at times but I’m sure many people feel similarly about my posts on here. That’s the nature of debate.

One thing, I do not think this is a cohesive society either hence my use of the word erstwhile....it was once cohesive but is no longer so.

Yes I am contradictory. I do not have a mantra. I am not a Narcissist. I will engage in debate and can be persuaded to an alternative point of view.

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:28 pm
redblueuptoyou wrote:
bordon shot wrote:

It would seem these things are acceptable, as is "protecting" statues whilst getting pi#*ed and pi*#ing on memorials, it's only unacceptable if you are part of a (presumably lefty) "mob".
You presumed wrong, I was actually condemning all the recent trouble.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:10 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53196009

95 million live in Vietnam, not one single death from the virus

Amazing!