Corona Virus

redblueuptoyou
Re: Corona Virus

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:45 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:20 am
Excuse my ignorance, but why would regular weekly testing need to be implemented?
It would have been a further step to protect NHS staff, care homes, doctors and nurses who have gone through so much the past three months.

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, but why would regular weekly testing need to be implemented?
Maybe to protect the patients these health and care workers are coming into very close contact with?

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:45 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
It would have been a further step to protect NHS staff, care homes, doctors and nurses who have gone through so much the past three months.
Weekly testing for over 1.5million people seems excessive and a very costly exercise. That's 1.5 million tests added to however many tests are already being carried out, plus another 1.5 million results to administer.
A much more sensible approach would be fast tracking NHS staff for testing as and when symptoms arise, as opposed to needlessly testing for the sake of testing.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:57 am

Shotto wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Maybe to protect the patients these health and care workers are coming into very close contact with?
I'd hope there are already pre work measures in place, like temperature testing along with PPE being provided. Assuming this has now been purchased of course.

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:06 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:57 am
Shotto wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 am
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
I'd hope there are already pre work measures in place, like temperature testing along with PPE being provided. Assuming this has now been purchased of course.
I agree with your hope. However the reality is very different. There is no temperature testing of staff and PPE currently consists of the moisture masks only (not FFP3's) unless staff are dealing with a symptomatic patient.

Weekly testing of health staff is beneficial. As we now know, infected individuals are usually symptom free for the first seven days and can actively spread the virus during this time. Many countries now routinely test health staff regardless of symptoms. We do not.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:14 am

lanternhall wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:38 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:18 pm
Where is the super duper world beating track'n'trace app that Johnson promised would be up and running by August?

Oh yeah, now they're saying its not top of the priority list right now.

He has admonished young people taking liberties going to the beach potentially passing on the virus to elderly people.

Yes. It's a bit rich isn't it coming from someone Jo allowed the virus to run through care homes where thousands of elderly people died.

Next week he is going to urge us all to use public transport. Get on the train! Take the bus!

Is this the same public transport he was urging us not to use since March?

As someone said some while ago now IN THIS THREAD - if you employ clowns, you usually get a circus.
Most of the people on this forum voted for this clown.
With the greatest respect, whoever I voted for wasn't on the basis of how they would handle a then unknown threat that was about 2 x months away. Let's have a touch of reality about this.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:18 am

Being unaware quite how neglected font line NHS staff still are, I stand corrected.

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:22 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:18 am
Being unaware quite how neglected font line NHS staff still are, I stand corrected.
Equally, it's about protecting patients. If you break your leg and have to attend A&E, you'll be met by staff in their standard uniform, with the addition of a moisture mask, who may never have been tested!

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:15 am

Shotto, you’re obviously more knowledgeable than me on this subject so may I ask you this.....on the assumption that this virus will be with us for some time and certainly over winter 20/21, would making each Health Trust provide a facility exclusively for C-19 patients in their area be beneficial do you think? It strikes me that trying to deal with cancer patients etc in a hospital environment where you’re constantly battling a highly infectious disease is never going to work. Basically, keep the infection out of mainstream hospitals and in a stand-alone facility.

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Somerset Shot wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:15 am
Shotto, you’re obviously more knowledgeable than me on this subject so may I ask you this.....on the assumption that this virus will be with us for some time and certainly over winter 20/21, would making each Health Trust provide a facility exclusively for C-19 patients in their area be beneficial do you think? It strikes me that trying to deal with cancer patients etc in a hospital environment where you’re constantly battling a highly infectious disease is never going to work. Basically, keep the infection out of mainstream hospitals and in a stand-alone facility.
Most hospitals are developing separate areas for Covid positive patients. However there are significant challenges with this. Extra areas require more staff. The NHS had an 11% vacancy rate before the crisis and this remains an issue. Creating an entire flow system for positive patients (from emergency department, ward, ITU to rehab) is a huge undertaking. Locally, the Royal Surrey is establishing a 20 bed Covid unit (nearing completion) and Headly Court has been reopened for Covid rehab. It really is all down to staffing though. It takes a total of four years to recruit and train nurses and therapists. We're all paying the price for ten years of austerity.

Somerset Shot

Post by Somerset Shot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Shotto wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:44 pm
Somerset Shot wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:15 am
Most hospitals are developing separate areas for Covid positive patients. However there are significant challenges with this. Extra areas require more staff. The NHS had an 11% vacancy rate before the crisis and this remains an issue. Creating an entire flow system for positive patients (from emergency department, ward, ITU to rehab) is a huge undertaking. Locally, the Royal Surrey is establishing a 20 bed Covid unit (nearing completion) and Headly Court has been reopened for Covid rehab. It really is all down to staffing though. It takes a total of four years to recruit and train nurses and therapists. We're all paying the price for ten years of austerity.
That is interesting, thank you. I’m amazed how the focus of media attention has moved completely away from the NHS and care homes in the blink of an eye so the average person has no real perception how they are coping or adapting.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:14 pm
bordon shot wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:54 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:38 pm

Most of the people on this forum voted for this clown.
Because he was better than the other clown in the Liebour party 😂😂

Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brilliant, really? Just a pretty empty statement countering what is, even among tories, beginning to be recognised as a fact.
How a JC lead Labour would have handled the crisis is unknown but seeing as the tories are now starting to use some Labour policies, I very much doubt that it would have been worse.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Yes brilliant, as I didn't vote for either I ca see the funny side.
JC has gone and Starmer has got rid of the anti semite Wrong-Bailey he can at least try to get Labour back to its roots.

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:11 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:31 pm
Crowthorne wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:14 pm
bordon shot wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:54 pm

Because he was better than the other clown in the Liebour party 😂😂

Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brilliant, really? Just a pretty empty statement countering what is, even among tories, beginning to be recognised as a fact.
How a JC lead Labour would have handled the crisis is unknown but seeing as the tories are now starting to use some Labour policies, I very much doubt that it would have been worse.

I take it, they don’t have much of a sense of humour in Denmark. 🙄🙄

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 am

Crowthorne wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:01 pm
Yes brilliant, as I didn't vote for either I ca see the funny side.
JC has gone and Starmer has got rid of the anti semite Wrong-Bailey he can at least try to get Labour back to its roots.
Nope can't see any funny side to it.
Criticising israel is not anti semetic.
L-B does seem to have made an error of judgement by re tweeting a conspiracy theory, that's all.