Corona Virus

Shot By Both Sides
Re: Corona Virus

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:40 pm

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:49 pm
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:23 pm
Spoke to my mum this morning who said that there was a lot of people queuing outside Tesco, Aldershot this morning. The queue went round the store and in the car park.
Clearly some people are still choosing to ignore all advice given.
rob went to my big tescos today at around 12pm no queing but thats not surprising as the vultures were up earlier then me and had already cleared the shelves
had a slight altercation with a customer behind me when i was trying to explain to customer services tesco re why the shelves were empty i was saying why are you not letting me buy 4 packs of biscuits let alone theres no bread no milk no toilet rolls or hand sanitiser the customer behind me said dont get on to tesco staff i told her to mind her own business whats it to do with you and if you have a problem with the likes of me buying 4 packs of biscuits then come here at 10pm and stand outside and berate the vultures not me who are clearing the shelves of essentials **** what an arsesole talking to me like that what a tosser makes you want to be a vulture however i would never be and if i saw a nhs worker in need i would give them whatever they wanted if i had it to give
Have to say well said and well done.

Think of that poor NHS lady in tears because she worked all those hours and could get nothing because of these vultures.

Makes your blood boil it really does.

*Today's posts are sponsored by Flipz white fudge pretzels. If you see 'em, grab some, they are delish!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:35 pm

The supermarkets should make the first hour after opening ‘emergency services’ only (work photo i/d required), the second hour to be for the elderly/vulnerable. It really isn’t any good reserving the ‘9-10 slot’ for those two groups of people when the store opens 2-3 hours earlier because the shelves would’ve been swarmed over by the selfish. Also, how do you turf ‘em out when the ‘9-10 slot’ starts (rhetorical question).
Regarding the staff in the supermarkets, although I understand the frustrations that some customers have with the current situation it’s not fair to have a go at them. It’s Head Office that should feel and hear your wrath. They should start drastically restricting multiple purchases and limit the volume of customers in a store at any one time. Basically a ‘one out, one in’ scenario. Maybe restrict the amount of trolleys available to customers (store them away out of sight or padlock them) so that it’s mainly baskets.

BillB

Post by BillB » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Well I quite enjoyed my roast T Roll today. Remember the gravy.....

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:54 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:35 pm
The supermarkets should make the first hour after opening ‘emergency services’ only (work photo i/d required), the second hour to be for the elderly/vulnerable. It really isn’t any good reserving the ‘9-10 slot’ for those two groups of people when the store opens 2-3 hours earlier because the shelves would’ve been swarmed over by the selfish. Also, how do you turf ‘em out when the ‘9-10 slot’ starts (rhetorical question).
Regarding the staff in the supermarkets, although I understand the frustrations that some customers have with the current situation it’s not fair to have a go at them. It’s Head Office that should feel and hear your wrath. They should start drastically restricting multiple purchases and limit the volume of customers in a store at any one time. Basically a ‘one out, one in’ scenario. Maybe restrict the amount of trolleys available to customers (store them away out of sight or padlock them) so that it’s mainly baskets.
good idea re trolleys birdy
re my post earlier re my 4 packets of biscuits, and i could only have 3 what was there to stop me going back into the store and buying 3 more ???? i wouldnt , ,,,,but bet some people do,,,, or what about 2 people from the same family going in separately and buying 3 of everything,,, staff wouldnt know would they, bet people queing early do that, arseholes

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm

Could somebody post a picture of empty shelves in a supermarket as there don't seem to be any on line.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:08 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm
Could somebody post a picture of empty shelves in a supermarket as there don't seem to be any on line.
Plenty of photos of the vultures at Aldershot Tesco this morning. Queues up to the roundabout!

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:18 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:08 pm
Lazio wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm
Plenty of photos of the vultures at Aldershot Tesco this morning. Queues up to the roundabout!
I popped into my local Aldi this afternoon,their shelves were extremely well stocked,even had loo roll.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:21 pm

The update today was pretty much a warning that lockdown is coming because selfish idiots couldn’t heed the social distancing advice.

Turnkey

Post by Turnkey » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Birdman wrote:
They should start drastically restricting multiple purchases and limit the volume of customers in a store at any one time. Basically a ‘one out, one in’ scenario. Maybe restrict the amount of trolleys available to customers (store them away out of sight or padlock them) so that it’s mainly baskets.
This is exactly what they are doing in Spain, and it works well. 50 people in the supermarket, then one in, one out. Works well, there are some queues but they don’t take long. Plus, of course, the population are buying into it. Can’t see it working here, our chavs are far too selfish to comply.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:04 pm

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:54 pm
Birdman wrote:
re my post earlier re my 4 packets of biscuits, and i could only have 3 what was there to stop me going back into the store and buying 3 more ???? i wouldnt , ,,,,but bet some people do,,,, or what about 2 people from the same family going in separately and buying 3 of everything,,, staff wouldnt know would they, bet people queing early do that, arseholes
I understand your annoyance, ‘68, but there will never be a perfect solution to restrict what you’ve described. It was always a mistake relying on customers good will and community spirit with regard to sensible shopping in a situation like we are currently experiencing.
With regard to your altercation with another customer, only you can tell us how you spoke to the member of staff but if it ‘left a bit to be desired’ then I can understand the customer coming to the defence of the member of staff and chastising you. I’ve been on the end of customer strops when I’ve been following company/management instructions and not responding in kind, as tempting as it was.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:46 pm

St. Stephens shopping centre today in Hull including people observing social distancing.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:49 pm

People are pathetic

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:59 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:04 pm
SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:54 pm
Birdman wrote:
I understand your annoyance, ‘68, but there will never be a perfect solution to restrict what you’ve described. It was always a mistake relying on customers good will and community spirit with regard to sensible shopping in a situation like we are currently experiencing.
With regard to your altercation with another customer, only you can tell us how you spoke to the member of staff but if it ‘left a bit to be desired’ then I can understand the customer coming to the defence of the member of staff and chastising you. I’ve been on the end of customer strops when I’ve been following company/management instructions and not responding in kind, as tempting as it was.
no i was really calm and cool no nastyness
thing was the customer was coming to the defence of the member of staff not even knowing what i was saying to them ? there you go

scorp

Post by scorp » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:56 am

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:46 pm
St. Stephens shopping centre today in Hull including people observing social distancing.

wt ... f

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:11 am

Scenes like that will now be a thing of the past for some time.

Did anyone see the pictures of the beach in Australia on Sunday? Absolutely jam packed. Australian government then release tougher measures and the beach is empty.

There will no doubt be groups or people who wantnto push the boundaries, but I am hopeful that they'll be brought down a peg or two like in Italy.