Corona Virus

Arnie
Re: Corona Virus

Post by Arnie » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:04 pm

I run my own courier business and, albeit with ever-changing procedures in place, we’re continuing to fulfil our contract with a long-standing customer to deliver medication to hospitals, clinics and pharmacies across Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex.

All other work we usually undertake such as transporting for show / events / exhibitions has understandably stopped for the foreseeable future so this is our only source of work at the moment.

We have huge respect for all NHS and healthcare staff across the country during this difficult time and are grateful for the service and support they provide to help and care for others. 🙏 Thank you ❤️

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:32 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:57 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:30 pm
Thanks Lazio but extra leave I doubt it, more chance of having less ignorant and greedy people around, was nice being back on the bike today after 6 years 7 months
Thank you for what you and all keyworkers are doing D.P. I think when this all
comes to an end the Govt should give some kind of remuneration for everyone
having to work.
Thanks Steve, the nice weather helps plus getting out of the house at the moment

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:39 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Thanks Lazio but extra leave I doubt it, more chance of having less ignorant and greedy people around, was nice being back on the bike today after 6 years 7 months
having to work.
Agree with this. And recognition that during our time of national crisis the people that we actually depended on were nurses, hospital cleaners, delivery drivers, shop workers, posties, care workers etc. All workers that are generally on the minimum or a low wage. I hope that out of this these people are given the respect and wages they deserve.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:43 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Could that be described as ‘getting your leg over’, Postie? :wink:

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:43 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Indeed birdie, probably more chance of a shots 6-0 away win than me unleashing a bit of custard 😎

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:44 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:45 pm
Birdman wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:43 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Indeed birdie, probably more chance of a shots 6-0 away win than me unleashing a bit of custard 😎
Yukkk, Postie 🤮, too much information.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:32 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:
having to work.
Thanks Steve, the nice weather helps plus getting out of the house at the moment
DP. You have my total respect.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Born in Aldershot. Lived there and Camberley, Frimley untill my late 30's Now live In Croydon Some one has to.
Went shopping today. Unbelievable. No one social distancing. They don't care. Mostly younger generation. How on earth did we bring up such ignorant, uneducated people.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:10 pm

The Jeremy Kyle generation LH, Look what happens in Bris
Bristol last n says it all.

Trouts

Post by Trouts » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:26 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:45 pm
Born in Aldershot. Lived there and Camberley, Frimley untill my late 30's Now live In Croydon Some one has to.
Went shopping today. Unbelievable. No one social distancing. They don't care. Mostly younger generation. How on earth did we bring up such ignorant, uneducated people.
that'll be the me first generation spawned by Thatchers children...

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:51 pm

...actually that lots' parents voted for the other lot! :-)

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:42 am

Prince Charles has tested positive for Covid-19.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Seen many nurses walking around/shopping etc wearing their uniforms, when I did my general nursing secondment the ward sister would have gone mad at you. Cross infection standards need observing at all times.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:30 pm

So on a seafront walk today which took in approximately 2 miles I can report that chiefly everyone out exercising were in no more than pairs.

I remember a trio of ladies (well, you would) and there was the occasional family office AND, given the weather, one or two sunbathers.

Weymouth would usually be very busy of course, like anywhere else but the uniqueness of what we are seeing now in ghost towns everywhere will be lost on us in a few weeks when we see it as the norm.

I hold the opinion that the lock down came too late. I foresee some relaxation in legislation perhaps in six weeks from now but the law on mass gatherings will have to remain.

On the upside, once folk are out and about again, retail businesse, bars and cafes (although hopefully not Wetjerspoons) are sure to see busy trade and much needed takings.

First, our local bus provider, have provisionally cancelled the summer timetable and are offering drivers 80% of wages coupled with three months off.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:11 pm

Lazio wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:54 pm
Seen many nurses walking around/shopping etc wearing their uniforms, when I did my general nursing secondment the ward sister would have gone mad at you. Cross infection standards need observing at all times.
Not a new phenomenon, Lazio, it’s been happening for quite a few years. This pandemic just makes it more noticeable.