Commercial update from Butts

Shots91
Re: Commercial update from Butts

Post by Shots91 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:09 pm

I was only saying to my partner a week a go that If aldershot wanted to start asking fans if they would like to start buying season tickets for next season then I would of, well I wanted to anyways.

I'm gutted that I'm gonna be in no situation to do so for now, I can see what heron wood is saying in a way.

As of yesterday the gov has thrown some of us under the bus as I'm a self employed decorator and we are losing jobs left right centre at the moment, the clients either dont want to spend money right now or they are over 60 and concerned of course so it's not looking good.

So I may only have a couple of weeks ahead of me if I'm lucky so money is going to be tough because of the gov I might be going from 700 a week to 94 a week. I haven't wrapped my head around it yet as I'm thinking of how is my rent going to do I got my car and misses car on finance about 15k still to pay off, car insurance, sky, phone, credit card, food council tax, heating/electric the list goes on.
So for me I need to take the risk of getting out there working for as long as I can to bring some money in.

Catch 22 I want to self isolate as I have asthma, my asthma is really bad if I get a cold or a chest infection I struggle to breath as it is. My own self infliction is that I'm a smoker and my diet ain't great so my lungs are battered most of the time anyways but I deal with it. Never thought something like this virus would ever happen, so I'm more nervous now the more I hear what it does to you. I didnt look into it much because I'm 29 years old and thought I'll be alright but now I'm not to sure from what I'm seeing and hearing.
And if I did stay at home theres a chance my misses could bring it home from the care home she works in.
My main concern is keeping my 1 year old daughter fed, clean and happy.

Sorry guys I drifted off from what I was saying, maybe I'm hoping someone might just reassure me that everything is going to be ok or some advice to stop me thinking everything around me is collapsing.
My misses tried to tell me nothing bad will happen but shes not quite in the situation as me and half the time lives in a bubble with fairies and unicorns.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Yes,you are right... I apologise

Heron wood shot 1964

Post by Heron wood shot 1964 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:19 pm

Shots 91 you and your family will be ok don’t worry about the shots keep your family safe football does not matter at the moment

Heron wood shot 1964

Post by Heron wood shot 1964 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm

Disgusted at butts at the moment let’s get past this then you can put your buckets of plea out

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:24 pm

I have great sympathy for you shots 91. How can a family live on £94 a week? I am in no way defending the government as I have no time for Boris Johnson and think that he has been slow in reacting to epidemic. But the government can't pay everyone's normal wages to stay at home. We simply don't have the money.
This epidemic is disastrous. Even when it has passed it will have destroyed the economy and people's lives.

ACA

Post by ACA » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Heron wood shot 1964 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm
Disgusted at butts at the moment let’s get past this then you can put your buckets of plea out
Can the melodrama, I've no issue with the club keeping us informed with what's going on. You say "let's get past this", but depending on how long it lasts the club might not survive. They have to look after their employees (and by extension, their families) too. If that means offering season tickets for sale, so be it. As someone else said, no one is being forced to do anything.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:49 pm

I know it’s a tough time at the moment but having a go at butts isn’t gonna solve anything, he was good to me a fortnight ago as I’ve just lost a loved one and this virus couldn’t have come at a worse time for me personally and for others, I just hope people stay safe and don’t lose out financially!

Shots91

Post by Shots91 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:52 pm

Lanterhall I completely understand that the gov can't help everyone i was just a bit disappointed like I'm happy for things what hes done like employed people will get 80% of their wage which is great but then to say self employed with have to deal with 94 aweek is hard to deal with I worked hard to of got where I am today. I've always been self employed as it's very hard to get a employed job in this business as bosses dont want the hassle of if work was low they still have to pay you or if your off sick or holiday they dont want to pay so any of those things happen I lose alot of money.

My thing is I've paid a hell amount of tax normally around £750 a month so we are just like everyone else, done everything right so why should we be treated different that's my thing.

I just think for us to get 94 a week compared to employed 80% is just a tiny bit harsh. But I guess I'm going to take it to heart as I'm in that position.
I've got a family, Bill's etc just like everyone else

I know it would be alot to do but even if they could of at least said right self employed would get 40-50 % of earnings if you have showings of what you earn.

Us self employed did not ask to be put in this position just like everyone else and we shouldn't get a bad deal like that.

Appreciate your input lanterhall 👍

And cheers heron for your input as well

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:10 pm

I agree with you self employed should get more. There is a lot of debate about it , so hopefully it will happen.

Shots91

Post by Shots91 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:20 pm

Fingers crossed 🤞 I know it's going to be a hard time for everyone just think a little bit more got to be done for the self employed

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Well being over here in The Land Down Under a season ticket is no use to me anyway, but on reading what some of you guys are saying I do feel for you and hope that you and your families get through this OK.
The thing that concerns me is that how can the begging bowl go out when it could be the end of the club?
I know it might sound stupid but in our papers today the Aussie scientists reckon they have a Malaria vaccine that could be the solution and it is being tried right away. lets just hope so for all the world.
Our "Aussie Rules Footy" season has just started and they are playing the games with no spectators. Imagine that when most games average about 50,000 spectators.
This is the time for no animosity just keep your chins up and keep the jokes coming. I loved the one about "Crooners virus"

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:05 pm

I have nothing personal against Mark Butler
Does a great job at the club
Just the timing...leaves a lot to be desired

Stay safe, stay home

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:12 pm

Heron wood shot 1964 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm
Bye Bye back to Surrey.

anonymouse

Post by anonymouse » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:52 pm

Shots91 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:09 pm

As of yesterday the gov has thrown some of us under the bus as I'm a self employed decorator and we are losing jobs left right centre at the moment, the clients either dont want to spend money right now or they are over 60 and concerned of course so it's not looking good.

So I may only have a couple of weeks ahead of me if I'm lucky so money is going to be tough because of the gov I might be going from 700 a week to 94 a week. I haven't wrapped my head around it yet, car insurance, sky, phone, credit card, food council tax, heating/electric the list goes on.
So for me I need to take the risk of getting out there working for as long as I can to bring some money in.
Same as you mate self employed shafted again.

Shots91

Post by Shots91 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:32 pm

anonymous we just got to have some hope that they look into it and get a bit more help