Commercial update from Butts

scorp
Re: Commercial update from Butts

Post by scorp » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:08 am
Not 100% with the details, but I suspect there maybe two issues here:

.1 The club has already acted to get terms and conditions changed. Here we have been specifically told that the wage support available (upto 90%) is available providing we make no changes to anyones t&cs and do not make people take leave.
.2 Players are on fixed term contracts, this could be a grey area.

Also please note, it is upto 80%, and looking at it, it may well be a loan, but as I say I have not studied in detail as it doesn't impact me
I'm pretty sure it's not a loan. The government is taking out a loan to pay for it. Whether that loan and all the other budgets stuff promised has to hit £1trillion because of further budgets, we'll have to see. The up to 80% payment is free and for companies' employees. I'd have looked into it more but my interest is in any help for micro business/freelances/the self employed, though i may not need it. Companies in general have quite a lot to thank the government for, and not just with the covering of wages. Let's hope our players are covered by the wage payments. PS, the 80% free salary, to call it that, is up to a max of about £22k...

fredandballou

Post by fredandballou » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:21 pm

Bobby Barnes the deputy CEO of the Professional Footballers Association has said tonight that when the new season commences that all matches will have to be played behind closed doors. How will this affect the sale of Shots season tickets with fans unable to enter the ground?

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:38 pm

I must admit that I agree with Heron Wood. Football is not important at the moment. Who cares?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:02 am

lanternhall wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:38 pm
I must admit that I agree with Heron Wood. Football is not important at the moment. Who cares?
I agree, Mr H, football’s not important at the moment but it is a topic of conversation on a football forum.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:30 pm

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:08 am
Not 100% with the details, but I suspect there maybe two issues here:

.1 The club has already acted to get terms and conditions changed. Here we have been specifically told that the wage support available (upto 90%) is available providing we make no changes to anyones t&cs and do not make people take leave.
.2 Players are on fixed term contracts, this could be a grey area.

Also please note, it is upto 80%, and looking at it, it may well be a loan, but as I say I have not studied in detail as it doesn't impact me
The FGR part of this article re the 80% might be of interest :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52 ... ting-story

MANNIMIST

Post by MANNIMIST » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Would have though the FGR wealthy owner would cover players wage rather than me/us!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:02 am
lanternhall wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:38 pm
I agree, Mr H, football’s not important at the moment but it is a topic of conversation on a football forum.
Agree. My apologies.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:59 pm

Shots91 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:09 pm
I was only saying to my partner a week a go that If aldershot wanted to start asking fans if they would like to start buying season tickets for next season then I would of, well I wanted to anyways.

I'm gutted that I'm gonna be in no situation to do so for now, I can see what heron wood is saying in a way.

As of yesterday the gov has thrown some of us under the bus as I'm a self employed decorator and we are losing jobs left right centre at the moment, the clients either dont want to spend money right now or they are over 60 and concerned of course so it's not looking good.

So I may only have a couple of weeks ahead of me if I'm lucky so money is going to be tough because of the gov I might be going from 700 a week to 94 a week. I haven't wrapped my head around it yet as I'm thinking of how is my rent going to do I got my car and misses car on finance about 15k still to pay off, car insurance, sky, phone, credit card, food council tax, heating/electric the list goes on.
So for me I need to take the risk of getting out there working for as long as I can to bring some money in.

Catch 22 I want to self isolate as I have asthma, my asthma is really bad if I get a cold or a chest infection I struggle to breath as it is. My own self infliction is that I'm a smoker and my diet ain't great so my lungs are battered most of the time anyways but I deal with it. Never thought something like this virus would ever happen, so I'm more nervous now the more I hear what it does to you. I didnt look into it much because I'm 29 years old and thought I'll be alright but now I'm not to sure from what I'm seeing and hearing.
And if I did stay at home theres a chance my misses could bring it home from the care home she works in.
My main concern is keeping my 1 year old daughter fed, clean and happy.

Sorry guys I drifted off from what I was saying, maybe I'm hoping someone might just reassure me that everything is going to be ok or some advice to stop me thinking everything around me is collapsing.
My misses tried to tell me nothing bad will happen but shes not quite in the situation as me and half the time lives in a bubble with fairies and unicorns.
Sorry to hear that mate. It's a stressful time.

Hopefully this blows over relatively quickly and a sense of normality returns.

If only more people (not the ones that are forced to work but just selfish people generally) would stick to the isolation/lockdown measures, then we'd have a better chance of making that a reality.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:06 am

I think people are being a little harsh with Mark. He's the commercial manager (could be getting the title wrong) of the club. His job is to maintain the financial health of the football club. So he's basically just doing his job.

Also he's saying if people are in a position to do so ie still have a job or have decent savings or whatever the case might be, to help the club out then please do so. He's not saying if you're jobless now and living on the breadline, hand over the money and starve.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:47 am

I agree. Does a great job. Obviously club needs to survive. Timing was all wrong.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:20 am

What also needs bearing in mind is that the club isn’t just this ‘field with some large sheds around it’ where we go to for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening. It’s also a place where people work for their living, their main source of income; in the front office, the office at the HSE, the cleaner; these are not ‘faceless people’.