Putin

lowerbourneshot
Re: Putin

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:01 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:14 pm
LH I see where you are coming from, but do you really believe the Chinese? The young doctor who first raised the alarm was made to sign a statement saying he was wrong then he supposedly caught the virus and died. They then blamed the Americans as do that other beacon of democracy Iran.
Just waiting for Corbyn to blame the British.
Germ warfare Laz ,to cripple the World economy . I wonder which country will come up with a vaccine then charge the rest of the world Billions for it.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:14 pm
LH I see where you are coming from, but do you really believe the Chinese? The young doctor who first raised the alarm was made to sign a statement saying he was wrong then he supposedly caught the virus and died. They then blamed the Americans as do that other beacon of democracy Iran.
Just waiting for Corbyn to blame the British.
Well done Lazio. Dragging up JC as a distraction on BJ's handling of the situation so far. It's almost as rich as trump blaming the Democrats for everything that is happening.
You have a pm who's lack of leadership and indecision will cost far more lives and hardship than was necessary.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Wrong, just making an observation. I haven't made my mind up on BJ yet. Though RS is doing a good job, probably be PM one day.

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:30 pm

Lazio wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:22 pm
Wrong, just making an observation. I haven't made my mind up on BJ yet. Though RS is doing a good job, probably be PM one day.
He fits the bill

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:08 am

Lazio wrote:
I’ve liked how Boris is leaning on the experts for any scientific/health questions but his inability to answer a question directly and coherently is not helping and contributing to the mixed messages? I think that will change this week as lockdown is surely on its way.

It’s also been good to see both major parties working together for once without the bickering we’ve had the past few years. RS just needs to look out for the self-employed.

scorp

Post by scorp » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:55 am

Lazio wrote:
Brain-wise, RS seems to be a giant, and a cool one, compared to arms-waving BlowJob Doris. Def PM material, imo.

ACA

Post by ACA » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:09 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:08 am
I’ve liked how Boris is leaning on the experts for any scientific/health questions but his inability to answer a question directly and coherently is not helping and contributing to the mixed messages? I think that will change this week as lockdown is surely on its way.
Just a shame that he abdicated responsibility early on by not clamping down on mass gatherings, closing pubs and restaurants (etc). The policy of "it's for the individual competitions to decide" and "well, we'd really rather you didn't all gather together - but we won't tell you not to" was because they didn't want to be unpopular and it wasted several days - very much at odds with their stated aim of "doing everything necessary". I get that these are unprecedented times (and hindsight is a wonderful thing), but Johnson has looked seriously out of his depth at times.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:19 am

How soon though before someone starts yelling about *‘my human rights/civil liberties’ if movement restrictions are enforced? I really can see it happening.

*Human responsibilities, anyone?

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:07 am

Putin on the Blitz.
The show must go on.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:44 am

Boris is a likeable guy and hence I fear the main reason he got the job.

Probably is that this situation doesn't require a friendly face or jovial PM. People will take advantage of this not take his requests as seriously as some other leaders.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 am

I’d rather have someone likeable than a complete Dick. Boris’s advisers will be working on what decisions are next because many people are not taking the governments advice onboard unfortunately

Josh

Post by Josh » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Problem is too many people are thick or ignorant and not following basic advice.
Will now have to go to lockdown as people can't be trusted.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:19 am
How soon though before someone starts yelling about *‘my human rights/civil liberties’ if movement restrictions are enforced? I really can see it happening.

*Human responsibilities, anyone?
One thing for sure, the phases 'Freedom of Movement' and 'Regulatory Alignment' are so last year.

BillB

Post by BillB » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:36 pm

As long ago as that [Ha Ha Ha]

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:46 pm

Josh wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:18 pm
Problem is too many people are thick or ignorant and not following basic advice.
Will now have to go to lockdown as people can't be trusted.
And we now have it. I am sorry,.I feel that there are a lot of uneducated people and immigrants in this country, that do not understand the British way of life or our history.
There is no second world war spirit or feeling of responsibility to our fellow man.
We live in a me, me, me society.
Not a country I am proud of anymore.