Boom Boom

Richard Petty
Re: Boom Boom

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:17 pm

I bought some Lamb Chops today and on the packet it says "Reared in Wales", and there was me always thinking that was just a racist stereotype.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:41 pm

" I bought some Lamb Chops today and on the packet it says "Reared in Wales", and there was me always thinking that was just a racist stereotype."

I always thought that Shari Lewis, with her fist shoved up poor old Lambchops ****, pushed the boundaries of humour.

PS, this retort is only aimed at the over 65's ......... The younger crowd I'm sure will have their own take on your joke Mr Petty.

I leave this joke thread sheepishly.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:05 pm

Reports are coming in that a Train Driver has deliberately derailed his train, but no one has identified a locomotive yet.....

WTF

Post by WTF » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:28 am

Dad: Which weighs more a gallon of Butane
or a gallon of Water?

Son: They both weigh the same there’s just a lot more of the Butane.

Dad: No the Water, because Butane is a lighter fluid.

WTF

Post by WTF » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:29 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:41 pm
" I bought some Lamb Chops today and on the packet it says "Reared in Wales", and there was me always thinking that was just a racist stereotype."

I always thought that Shari Lewis, with her fist shoved up poor old Lambchops ****, pushed the boundaries of humour.

PS, this retort is only aimed at the over 65's ......... The younger crowd I'm sure will have their own take on your joke Mr Petty.

Love it Dr Jim! Lol

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:02 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:

You don' even have to be over 65 to remember Shari Lewis, over 60 will do as I remember her well, she had some other puppets as well. Hush Puppy was one but I cant remember the others. There were quite a few ventriloquist puppet shows on TV during the 60''s.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:09 am

You don' even have to be over 65 to remember Shari Lewis, over 60 will do as I remember her well, she had some other puppets as well. Hush Puppy was one but I cant remember the others. There were quite a few ventriloquist puppet shows on TV during the 60''s.

I went to see her in a show, it was so bad I shouted up at the stage, "you are bleedin awful, a waste of time and money"

She was shocked and responded by saying, "How rude you are."

I shouted back, "I'm not talking to you but the silly lamb thing on your arm".

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:06 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:02 am
You don' even have to be over 65 to remember Shari Lewis, over 60 will do as I remember her well, she had some other puppets as well. Hush Puppy was one but I cant remember the others.
Charlie Horse!

Shari Lewis was utterly brilliant. She was one of the best things on TV at the time, rivalling the wildly-underrated Flower Pot Men as the most inventive comedy act around.

Flobadob!

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:58 pm

Guy that I work with who puts together circuit boards said he was over worked and stressed.. I told him to keep calm and solder on!

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:52 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:09 am
Shari Lewis...She was very talented, nice to look at too

For

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gn0tcQPCvvI

I went to see her in a show, it was so bad I shouted up at the stage, "you are bleedin awful, a waste of time and money"

She was shocked and responded by saying, "How rude you are."

I shouted back, "I'm not talking to you but the silly lamb thing on your arm".

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:42 am

The sooner the pubs open the better.
This drinking at home lark is getting out of hand.
Last night I nearly asked the wife for her phone number!

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:08 am

A friend of mine drowned recently and we held his funeral this week.

We got him a wreath in the shape of a lifebelt, well its what he would have wanted

Statto

Post by Statto » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:04 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Dr Jim Royle wrote:

I remember Shari Lewis and I'm not even 60!

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:34 pm

Statto wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:04 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Dr Jim Royle wrote:

I remember Shari Lewis and I'm not even 60!
You know how often when you look back at things you found entertaining when you were a child you watch them now and wonder what you ever saw in them. Well I have to say that Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop do not fall into that category https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWyR019mPY she really was very good and stands the test of time.

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Muffin the Mule and Whirligig for me. Must dig out my old Noddy books.