Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post Reply
Crowthorne
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by Crowthorne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 pm

fredandballou wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:42 pm
Aiden O'Brian signs for Sunderland from Millwall.
Didn't cut it in the championship, league one may well be his limit.

15-4-08
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:56 pm
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by 15-4-08 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:30 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:49 pm
Dean Rance is now an ex player...... don’t know where he’s gone though
Where have you read that? It’s not on the club’s website or Twitter feed or on Dean’s Twitter page.

Turnkey
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:06 pm
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by Turnkey » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:55 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:30 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:49 pm
Dean Rance is now an ex player...... don’t know where he’s gone though
Where have you read that? It’s not on the club’s website or Twitter feed or on Dean’s Twitter page.
He posted it on his Twitter this afternoon.

chimpster99
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by chimpster99 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:20 pm

[quote=Turnkey post_id=632998 time=1596146138 user_id=9066]
[quote=15-4-08 post_id=632989 time=1596144628 user_id=4605]
[quote=EastbankAndy post_id=632960 time=1596127783 user_id=9269]
Dean Rance is now an ex player...... don’t know where he’s gone though
[/quote]Where have you read that? It’s not on the club’s website or Twitter feed or on Dean’s Twitter page.
[/quote]

He posted it on his Twitter this afternoon.
[/quote]

It was there earlier but seems to have been taken down. Expect a club announcement in the morning before it gets re-posted.

Melbourne Red
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by Melbourne Red » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:20 am

According to Dagenham’s website they’re announcing several new signings tomorrow - would make sense if Rance was one of them, with the McMahon connection. Also been rumoured (by a Dagenham fan) on the conference forum.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if Finney was one of them - I reckon he was one of the players asked to take a pay cut as he was on Waddock money and Dagenham’s budget is probably bigger than ours. Maybe Ben House too.

15-4-08
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:56 pm
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by 15-4-08 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Turnkey wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:55 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:30 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:49 pm
Dean Rance is now an ex player...... don’t know where he’s gone though
Where have you read that? It’s not on the club’s website or Twitter feed or on Dean’s Twitter page.
He posted it on his Twitter this afternoon.
Thank you. As I said, it wasn’t on there when I looked.

Alex
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by Alex » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:48 am

Danny Hylton has signed a new deal with Luton

CH
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by CH » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:21 am

Tom Richards

Dorking Wanderers > Kingstonian

Turnkey
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:06 pm
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by Turnkey » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Rance and Callum Reynolds confirmed by D&R Twitter.

Wanderer
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm
Location: Godalming
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Turnkey wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:32 pm
Rance and Callum Reynolds confirmed by D&R Twitter.
So Rance signs for Dagenham on the day he appears on the 2020 Aldershot calendar!!

ACA
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 am
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by ACA » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:25 pm

I remember feeling quite positive when we signed Rance, experienced at this level and one of Ebbsfleet's better players. However, he had a very average season by all accounts and didn't really seem to live up to expectations. I'm not devastated that he's gone, but I wish him the best.

fredandballou
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 pm
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by fredandballou » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:36 pm

Mark Molesey guides Weymouth to promotion to the National League after penalty shoot out in playoff final.

Alex
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by Alex » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:32 pm

ACA wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:25 pm
I remember feeling quite positive when we signed Rance, experienced at this level and one of Ebbsfleet's better players. However, he had a very average season by all accounts and didn't really seem to live up to expectations. I'm not devastated that he's gone, but I wish him the best.
Exactly this!

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:03 am

I thought Rance did OK in a side that altogether struggled for any consistency last season. He was almost always given the unenviable role of sitting in front of a shaky back four as the link up player, had pretty unsettled fellow midfield partnerships and a strike force often lacking any bite or ability to hold the ball up. And for those reasons think any singled out criticism of him bit unjustified. But in fairness I'd only say he did OK at most times, stand out, no.

IMHO of course :lol:

redblueuptoyou
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Ex-Player News - May 13th onwards

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:01 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:03 am
I thought Rance did OK in a side that altogether struggled for any consistency last season. He was almost always given the unenviable role of sitting in front of a shaky back four as the link up player, had pretty unsettled fellow midfield partnerships and a strike force often lacking any bite or ability to hold the ball up. And for those reasons think any singled out criticism of him bit unjustified. But in fairness I'd only say he did OK at most times, stand out, no.

IMHO of course :lol:
To back up your views, his best moments clearly came when he and Powell formed a regular partnership.


Post Reply