Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Crowthorne
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Crowthorne » Fri May 22, 2020 10:56 am

Correct

Mick Earls Fan Club
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Elvetham Heath , Fleet
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Fri May 22, 2020 11:28 am

Wanderer wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:08 am
2 Brian Talbot
Good one.
Forgot he played as well as managed

Mick Earls Fan Club
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Elvetham Heath , Fleet
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Fri May 22, 2020 11:29 am

Melbourne Red wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 am
Good work, between you all of them have been correctly answered except no.2.
3 is Louis Soares

Statto
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Statto » Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:37 am
Did Louis soars represent Bermuda?
No - Barbados. When he played against Trinidad and Tobago (in January 2007), he became the first-ever Aldershot Town player to win a FULL international cap whilst at the club.

Statto
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Statto » Fri May 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:49 am
6 Antwi ?
I can only find a record of Will Antwi playing once for Ghana.

Statto
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Statto » Fri May 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Melbourne Red wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 am
Good work, between you all of them have been correctly answered except no.2.
I can only find a record of Will Antwi playing once for Ghana. Can you please point me in the direction of the info concerning his "other" two caps? Caveat - please dont direct me to Wrongipedia :cry:

Crowthorne
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Crowthorne » Fri May 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Denis Compton England test player apparently played as a guest during the war. Probably quite a few other internationals played at that time as well.

Melbourne Red
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Melbourne Red » Fri May 22, 2020 11:36 pm

Statto wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:45 pm
Melbourne Red wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 am
Good work, between you all of them have been correctly answered except no.2.
I can only find a record of Will Antwi playing once for Ghana. Can you please point me in the direction of the info concerning his "other" two caps? Caveat - please dont direct me to Wrongipedia :cry:
Yep, wikipedia I’m afraid.

chimpster99
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by chimpster99 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:16 am

[quote=Crowthorne post_id=627047 time=1590158220 user_id=9159]
Denis Compton England test player apparently played as a guest during the war. Probably quite a few other internationals played at that time as well.
[/quote]

Tommy Lawton, Joe Mercer and many many others. We were a serious force at that time.

Melbourne Red
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Melbourne Red » Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 am

Crowthorne wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:37 pm
Denis Compton England test player apparently played as a guest during the war. Probably quite a few other internationals played at that time as well.
There’s actually a whole chapter about us in Jack Rollins’ history of football in WW2. I think we may have played a whole team of internationals at one point. I might try and find my copy of the book and write a quiz about it some time.

Mick Earls Fan Club
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Elvetham Heath , Fleet
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sat May 23, 2020 6:21 am

Thanks for these early morning (UK time anyway!) quiz questions Melbourne
Been great exercising the Shots memory first thing

Melbourne Red
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Melbourne Red » Sat May 23, 2020 8:32 am

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:21 am
Thanks for these early morning (UK time anyway!) quiz questions Melbourne
Been great exercising the Shots memory first thing
Thanks MEFC, glad you’re enjoying them. Been a fun way to make up for two of the things I’m missing in lockdown - football and pub trivia! I’ve got a few more ideas for further quizzes to come...

Crowthorne
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Crowthorne » Sat May 23, 2020 9:45 am

Frank Spapleton played 71 times for Eire scoring 20 goals, he also managed one appearance for Aldershot.

Statto
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Statto » Sat May 23, 2020 5:23 pm

Melbourne Red wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:36 pm
Statto wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:45 pm
Melbourne Red wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 am
Good work, between you all of them have been correctly answered except no.2.
I can only find a record of Will Antwi playing once for Ghana. Can you please point me in the direction of the info concerning his "other" two caps? Caveat - please dont direct me to Wrongipedia :cry:
Yep, wikipedia I’m afraid.
:shock: :?

Statto
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Trivia - Shots’ Internationals

Post by Statto » Sat May 23, 2020 5:26 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:37 pm
Denis Compton England test player apparently played as a guest during the war. Probably quite a few other internationals played at that time as well.
He scored 6 goals in 4 games.


Post Reply