Second wave

lanternhall
Second wave

Post by lanternhall » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:51 pm

Second wave is happening. A lot to do with stupidity of people. Dont wear mask. Dont safe distance. Pathetic. Why on earth is anyone even thinking of going on holiday in the midst of a pandemic. My country is full of idoitic, ignorant people.

Anon E Mouse
Re: Second wave

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:58 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:51 pm
Second wave is happening. A lot to do with stupidity of people. Dont wear mask. Dont safe distance. Pathetic. Why on earth is anyone even thinking of going on holiday in the midst of a pandemic. My country is full of idoitic, ignorant people.
My thoughts exactly. If we had all followed the rules we would of been out of this by now.

Let me think. They is a major global pandemic going on where the disease is still rife and you don’t know who has / hasn’t got the virus.
I know i’ll Book a nice relaxing holiday. 😳.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:09 pm

[quote="Anon E Mouse" post_id=633041 time=1596200306 user_id=419]
[quote=lanternhall post_id=633040 time=1596199886 user_id=5581]
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. If we had all followed the rules we would of been out of this by now.

Let me think. They is a major global pandemic going on where the disease is still rife and you don’t know who has / hasn’t got the virus.
[/quote]

While going away on holiday (especially to mainland Spain) isn't exactly a great idea right now, the real issue is here in the UK and how people are living their day-to-day lives. All this blaming of Johnny Foreigner is a bit of a smokescreen. From what I've seen, the under-30s seem to think they're immune and others are happy to leg it down to the beach or go to the pub with thousands of others the minute the sun peeps out from behind a cloud.

Meanwhile the messaging from the top is more mixed up than a box of Quality Street and after Dom's awayday no-one is really listening to them anyway. Another full lockdown in the autumn seems inevitable.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:30 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:09 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:58 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:51 pm

While going away on holiday (especially to mainland Spain) isn't exactly a great idea right now, the real issue is here in the UK and how people are living their day-to-day lives. All this blaming of Johnny Foreigner is a bit of a smokescreen. From what I've seen, the under-30s seem to think they're immune and others are happy to leg it down to the beach or go to the pub with thousands of others the minute the sun peeps out from behind a cloud.

Meanwhile the messaging from the top is more mixed up than a box of Quality Street and after Dom's awayday no-one is really listening to them anyway. Another full lockdown in the autumn seems inevitable.
I wouldn’t even travel to Cove for my holiday this year although I hear it’s quite nice this time of year.

I haven’t been anywhere near a pub since late Feb and in fact haven’t even been in a supermarket.
Getting a little peckish now though. (Seriously I haven't).

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:38 pm

https://www.facebook.com/27073682966589 ... 91459/?d=n

Someone sent photos of the crowds on Bournemouth beach today to the local paper (Hampshire Live) today...

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:34 pm

Without doubt the second wave is coming and another lock down is on the way. The CCP must be laughing as their germ warfare causes economic meltdown around the world.

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Not so sure it will be a national Lockdown, more a regional one. The government will weigh up the economy versus health and the economy may win, which is understandable to a certain degree.

tonygodfrey

Post by tonygodfrey » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:41 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:34 pm
Without doubt the second wave is coming and another lock down is on the way. The CCP must be laughing as their germ warfare causes economic meltdown around the world.
Can't see how China benefits from this. They rely on developed economies to buy their goods and fuel their growth. If the world economy struggles so does China's.

In the modern world we are all interconnected and the virus benefits nobody.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:11 pm

China can then continue with its aim of global domination once all opposition is eradicated.

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:24 pm

I don't think this is technically a second wave, just a continuation of what was there before, and the increase was bound to happen with the lockdown released. In Tesco Express today I was one of seven customers, only three of us wore face coverings. The staff had no interest in challenging anyone and in many ways I don't blame then. This really is down to personal responsibility, if people ignore the rules the infection is absolutely certain to increase. That was made clear when the relaxations were announced but too many couldn't care less.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:31 pm

I watched the afternoon session at the crucible today and we were made to wear masks while queuing to get in but once in there we didn’t have to, strange!

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:03 pm

McDonald’s was the same, you had to wear a mask if ordering and take out, no mask if eating in.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:32 pm

steveshot wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:03 pm
McDonald’s was the same, you had to wear a mask if ordering and take out, no mask if eating in.

[/, no mask if eating in.
Must be impossible to eat food with a mask ON
Not that I have tried it..
🍟🍔
🥫

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:32 pm

https://www.facebook.com/nigelfarageoff ... 3672030799 Allegedly we have more joining the queue everyday - surely not! This must surely be fake news as none of the major news networks are covering this! Must be fake news surely!

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:45 pm

///