Second wave

lowerbourneshot
Re: Second wave

Post by lowerbourneshot » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:31 pm
I watched the afternoon session at the crucible today and we were made to wear masks while queuing to get in but once in there we didn’t have to, strange!
That is where it's wrong . Berlin in the last week in pubs . Shown to a table sit down mask off in your bubble . Leave the table for any reason mask goes on even in a beer garden . Today at the coast people in bars and pubs wandering around with no masks on . It really isn't ******* hard people just wear them.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:11 pm

Village....what I said along time ago.
Merkel and Rutte just said to do what comes naturally; i.e. trust us, follow the rules and we will get through this.
Leaders lay down clear rules, and people adhere to it.
UK lacks leadership and adherence.
As you say, its not f*****g hard.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:49 pm

Do you know, all this rubbish I see on here and on other media about China's so called "Motives" to release a virus, just makes me laugh!

Yep, great business strategy. Destroy the economy of your major markets so they can't buy your products and cause severe damage to your own in the process. Business masterclass; surprised it wasn't pitched on Dragons Den.

Josh

Post by Josh » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:58 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
I watched the afternoon session at the crucible today and we were made to wear masks while queuing to get in but once in there we didn’t have to, strange!
Poor from world snooker. No wonder Hamilton pulled out.
Slightly surprised outside sports can't have fans whilst people can still mingle in pubs etc.

But as LBS and WS say: wear a mask. It really isn't difficult.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:13 pm

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
That is where it's wrong . Berlin in the last week in pubs . Shown to a table sit down mask off in your bubble . Leave the table for any reason mask goes on even in a beer garden . Today at the coast people in bars and pubs wandering around with no masks on . It really isn't ******* hard people just wear them.
Since covid 19 began you’ve had people behaving like next tuesdays but for me the biggest **** bags are the beech goers, yes we all love the day out in the English sun but the economy at some point has to move on eg shops, certain work places like the NHF police food shops postal services etc but people visiting Bournemouth beeches utter ****

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 pm

[quote="Disturbed Postie" post_id=633118 time=1596233635 user_id=5924]
[quote=lowerbourneshot post_id=633108 time=1596229438 user_id=4171]
[quote="Disturbed Postie" post_id=633086 time=1596220309 user_id=5924]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Since covid 19 began you’ve had people behaving like next tuesdays but for me the biggest **** bags are the beech goers, yes we all love the day out in the English sun but the economy at some point has to move on eg shops, certain work places like the NHF police food shops postal services etc but people visiting Bournemouth beeches utter ****
[/quote]

This is where the Gov need to get a grip. Close the beaches on days of 20+ degrees and place stricter limits on numbers in pubs etc. The city pubs are a joke especially, people crammed In on the street with no real effort to restrict seating to limit contact. Lives being lost for the sake of a bit of profit.
Last edited by chimpster99 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:00 am

NHS

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:39 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:09 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:58 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:51 pm
Second wave is happening. A lot to do with stupidity of people. Dont wear mask. Dont safe distance. Pathetic. Why on earth is anyone even thinking of going on holiday in the midst of a pandemic. My country is full of idoitic, ignorant people.
My thoughts exactly. If we had all followed the rules we would of been out of this by now.

Let me think. They is a major global pandemic going on where the disease is still rife and you don’t know who has / hasn’t got the virus.
I know i’ll Book a nice relaxing holiday. 😳.
While going away on holiday (especially to mainland Spain) isn't exactly a great idea right now, the real issue is here in the UK and how people are living their day-to-day lives. All this blaming of Johnny Foreigner is a bit of a smokescreen. From what I've seen, the under-30s seem to think they're immune and others are happy to leg it down to the beach or go to the pub with thousands of others the minute the sun peeps out from behind a cloud.

Meanwhile the messaging from the top is more mixed up than a box of Quality Street and after Dom's awayday no-one is really listening to them anyway. Another full lockdown in the autumn seems inevitable.
Time to stop this political persecution of DC. OK he broke the guidelines and apologised. Since then thousands have broken the guidelines including high profile sportsmen, politicians and personalities, with far less media attention and much worse excuses for their actions.However, I am pleased that according to your other comments, you like me and most people, are listening to "them" and accepting and following the Government guidelines.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:45 am

Charles Dickens wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:39 am
chimpster99 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:09 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:58 pm

My thoughts exactly. If we had all followed the rules we would of been out of this by now.

Let me think. They is a major global pandemic going on where the disease is still rife and you don’t know who has / hasn’t got the virus.
I know i’ll Book a nice relaxing holiday. 😳.
While going away on holiday (especially to mainland Spain) isn't exactly a great idea right now, the real issue is here in the UK and how people are living their day-to-day lives. All this blaming of Johnny Foreigner is a bit of a smokescreen. From what I've seen, the under-30s seem to think they're immune and others are happy to leg it down to the beach or go to the pub with thousands of others the minute the sun peeps out from behind a cloud.

Meanwhile the messaging from the top is more mixed up than a box of Quality Street and after Dom's awayday no-one is really listening to them anyway. Another full lockdown in the autumn seems inevitable.
Time to stop this political persecution of DC. OK he broke the guidelines and apologised. Since then thousands have broken the guidelines including high profile sportsmen, politicians and personalities, with far less media attention and much worse excuses for their actions.However, I am pleased that according to your other comments, you like me and most people, are listening to "them" and accepting and following the Government guidelines.

But Cummings started it. Threw the integrity of the government away. Should have been sacked immediately .

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:47 am

Merkel and Rutte just said to do what comes naturally; i.e. trust us, follow the rules and we will get through this.
So why the second wave and area shut downs in those countries as well?

To be fair though, their police do not muck about, seen breaking the rules and yer nicked ......... our Country police afraid to come down hard in case of being accused of thugs, racists, picking on the young or just plain ignoring issues as its close to shift knock off time.

Like the bumbling Boris or not, he has laid down the rules not matter how stuttering he has put them over, certain folk just don't give a f*ck and do what they want, that's the truth of the matter.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

Well good Dr I can only give my opinion but I suggest the spikes are being caused by what caused it in the first place i.e. movement of people.
Why anyone feels the need to spend 2 weeks on the Med is beyond me.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am

Sorry pressed send too early...there are no local shut downs in NL, although Amsterdam are on their final warning.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:33 am

Well good Dr I can only give my opinion but I suggest the spikes are being caused by what caused it in the first place i.e. movement of people.
Why anyone feels the need to spend 2 weeks on the Med is beyond me.
Agree, had my Spanish hols cancelled in May and damned certain my November holiday in Mexico will waltz the same way. And glad of cancellations. I've no desire even to go on English Hol either, not been in a pub since shutdown nor restaurant.

Unfortunately its folk spreading the virus and most likely those are the ones who care not. The second complete shutdown is likely only weeks away and until such time of a vaccine, it'll be the way life is.

Really cannot see football starting up again in October, certainly not at our level. :(

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:45 am

Really sorry about your hols. People work hard for them but must realise these are exceptional times.
I go to the local here, but only on the terrace.
I have been going to low level football here and Belgium (till they closed it down)...but pick and chose.
Today there is a game between NAC Breda and SC Heerenveen which is a trial for partial opening of stadiums.
3k are allowed in (capacity 19k).
I have a ticket and will see for myself (from behind my mask) what it is like.
But my NAC mad girlfriend won't go. Will watch on tv.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:45 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:47 am
So why the second wave and area shut downs in those countries as well?

To be fair though, their police do not muck about, seen breaking the rules and yer nicked ......... our Country police afraid to come down hard in case of being accused of thugs, racists, picking on the young or just plain ignoring issues as its close to shift knock off time.

Like the bumbling Boris or not, he has laid down the rules not matter how stuttering he has put them over, certain folk just don't give a f*ck and do what they want, that's the truth of the matter.
Did you see the way they (Hancock) announced the new restrictions for Greater Manchester via Twitter at 11pm on Thursday night? Wasn’t exactly clearly laying down the rules... And his breakfast interviews didn’t help. Boris’s conference was clearer. The best thing to do is listen to Chris Whitty. Local lockdowns are going to be the norm for a long time I think.

Cummings didn’t really apologise though, did he. It was more of a case of ‘I’m sorry you feel that way’ rather than ‘I’m sorry, I made a misjudgment’. And then there was the bizarre story they came up with to defend him to the hilt.