Second wave

Birdman
Re: Second wave

Post by Birdman » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:33 am
Well good Dr I can only give my opinion but I suggest the spikes are being caused by what caused it in the first place i.e. movement of people.
Why anyone feels the need to spend 2 weeks on the Med is beyond me.
Agree, had my Spanish hols cancelled in May and damned certain my November holiday in Mexico will waltz the same way. And glad of cancellations. I've no desire even to go on English Hol either, not been in a pub since shutdown nor restaurant.

Unfortunately its folk spreading the virus and most likely those are the ones who care not. The second complete shutdown is likely only weeks away and until such time of a vaccine, it'll be the way life is.

Really cannot see football starting up again in October, certainly not at our level. :(
I think that you may well be right about about your Mexico hols, Dr R :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-53618808

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:13 pm
lowerbourneshot wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:31 pm
I watched the afternoon session at the crucible today and we were made to wear masks while queuing to get in but once in there we didn’t have to, strange!
That is where it's wrong . Berlin in the last week in pubs . Shown to a table sit down mask off in your bubble . Leave the table for any reason mask goes on even in a beer garden . Today at the coast people in bars and pubs wandering around with no masks on . It really isn't ******* hard people just wear them.
Since covid 19 began you’ve had people behaving like next tuesdays but for me the biggest **** bags are the beech goers, yes we all love the day out in the English sun but the economy at some point has to move on eg shops, certain work places like the NHF police food shops postal services etc but people visiting Bournemouth beeches utter ****
But the only beaches the press ever show is 50 yards to the right of Brighton pier or a small stretch at Bournemouth . Now i have been to Bognor ,Littlehampton and Lee on Solent recently . Plenty of distance no crowds and lots of room . Why won't the press show this ,because it doesn't suit their agenda . The press must share some of the blame during this.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:42 pm

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
lowerbourneshot wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm

That is where it's wrong . Berlin in the last week in pubs . Shown to a table sit down mask off in your bubble . Leave the table for any reason mask goes on even in a beer garden . Today at the coast people in bars and pubs wandering around with no masks on . It really isn't ******* hard people just wear them.
Since covid 19 began you’ve had people behaving like next tuesdays but for me the biggest **** bags are the beech goers, yes we all love the day out in the English sun but the economy at some point has to move on eg shops, certain work places like the NHF police food shops postal services etc but people visiting Bournemouth beeches utter ****
But the only beaches the press ever show is 50 yards to the right of Brighton pier or a small stretch at Bournemouth . Now i have been to Bognor ,Littlehampton and Lee on Solent recently . Plenty of distance no crowds and lots of room . Why won't the press show this ,because it doesn't suit their agenda . The press must share some of the blame during this.
lbs, yes, the press show it happening “50 yards to the right of Brighton pier or a small stretch at Bournemouth” but I don’t think that the lack of social distancing can in those instances be denied. It happened. The ‘invasion’ at the end of June was just ridiculous.
Re Bournemouth, on yesterday’s Meridian evening news it showed stretches of Southbourne beach (to the east of B’mouth’s main beach for those unfamiliar with the area) where there was lots of room between beach goers. Too many individuals or groups though still chose to congregate on/utilise the main part of B’mouth beach nearer the pier.

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:28 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:42 pm
lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:

lbs, yes, the press show it happening “50 yards to the right of Brighton pier or a small stretch at Bournemouth” but I don’t think that the lack of social distancing can in those instances be denied. It happened. The ‘invasion’ at the end of June was just ridiculous.
Re Bournemouth, on yesterday’s Meridian evening news it showed stretches of Southbourne beach (to the east of B’mouth’s main beach for those unfamiliar with the area) where there was lots of room between beach goers. Too many individuals or groups though still chose to congregate on/utilise the main part of B’mouth beach nearer the pier.
Fair point Birdy and i'm not defending those actions . Just saying plenty do observe the rules . Even in normal times i don't understand why lazy people would want to congregate on mass .As i said in an earlier post far to many not wearing a mask in the resturant i went to yesterday ,i sat outside but whilst using the toilets my mask went on as soon as i left the table and stayed on until i returned to my bubble.

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Keep the world working...its nature,survival of the fittest. We are all going to die . That and coming into this world are the only "givens"

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Middleman wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:58 pm
Keep the world working...its nature,survival of the fittest. We are all going to die . That and coming into this world are the only "givens"
I see your logic, although early research suggests that the virus has a cumulative effect on the body, based on frequency of exposure to it, which would partly account for the high proportion of deaths among healthcare and public transport workers.

So rather than 'survival of the fittest' it's more like 'survival of those who don't work in a public facing industry'!

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Russia is claiming it will have a vaccine in a couple of months... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53621708

How many of you would trust that..?

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 pm

Shotto wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm
Middleman wrote:

So rather than 'survival of the fittest' it's more like 'survival of those who don't work in a public facing industry'!
Or LHs mates who choose not to work.

Trouts

Post by Trouts » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:15 pm

Charles Dickens wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:39 am

Time to stop this political persecution of DC. OK he broke the guidelines and apologised. Since then thousands have broken the guidelines including high profile sportsmen, politicians and personalities, with far less media attention and much worse excuses for their actions.However, I am pleased that according to your other comments, you like me and most people, are listening to "them" and accepting and following the Government guidelines.
Cummings has never apologised.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:20 am

Charles Dickens wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:39 am
chimpster99 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:09 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:58 pm

My thoughts exactly. If we had all followed the rules we would of been out of this by now.

Let me think. They is a major global pandemic going on where the disease is still rife and you don’t know who has / hasn’t got the virus.
I know i’ll Book a nice relaxing holiday. 😳.
While going away on holiday (especially to mainland Spain) isn't exactly a great idea right now, the real issue is here in the UK and how people are living their day-to-day lives. All this blaming of Johnny Foreigner is a bit of a smokescreen. From what I've seen, the under-30s seem to think they're immune and others are happy to leg it down to the beach or go to the pub with thousands of others the minute the sun peeps out from behind a cloud.

Meanwhile the messaging from the top is more mixed up than a box of Quality Street and after Dom's awayday no-one is really listening to them anyway. Another full lockdown in the autumn seems inevitable.
Time to stop this political persecution of DC. OK he broke the guidelines and apologised. Since then thousands have broken the guidelines including high profile sportsmen, politicians and personalities, with far less media attention and much worse excuses for their actions.However, I am pleased that according to your other comments, you like me and most people, are listening to "them" and accepting and following the Government guidelines.
When did DC apologise, I must have missed that?

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:00 am

Who really cares. Were all doomed !

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:48 am

Crowthorne wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 pm
Shotto wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm
Middleman wrote:

Or LHs mates who choose not to work.
Now that is exactly the problem with people like you. Dont see the whole picture and make pathetic posts like that.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:20 am

Obviously this is the Mail so you can’t truet it but Johnson is allegedly drawing up some rules that could see over 50s who are more at risk being asked to stay at home.

Apparently decided in a meeting with Sunak (because, y’know, the economy) but seems like they are taking the ‘second wave’ (the scientists would say we - especially in the UK where the R rate has not gone down - are still in the first) quite seriously.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hnson.html

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:40 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:20 am
Obviously this is the Mail so you can’t truet it but Johnson is allegedly drawing up some rules that could see over 50s who are more at risk being asked to stay at home.

Apparently decided in a meeting with Sunak (because, y’know, the economy) but seems like they are taking the ‘second wave’ (the scientists would say we - especially in the UK where the R rate has not gone down - are still in the first) quite seriously.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hnson.html

Your right. It's the Mail and I think it's rubbish. What might be a good idea is that the police actually enforce the law that says People have to wear face coverings in shops and start pulling them. What is the point of a law that the police aren't enforcing?

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:20 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm
Russia is claiming it will have a vaccine in a couple of months... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53621708

How many of you would trust that..?
It’s our vaccine. They just nicked it.

Actually dont care if it works we can nick it back. It’s the only solution although they aren’t saying how long it works for.