Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Shots Supporters Trust
Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by Shots Supporters Trust » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:58 am

On Thursday, the Shots Trust attended and made a presentation to the Overview and Scrutiny Committee at Rushmoor Borough Council.

The aim of our presentation was to lodge our concerns over the delay in the signing of the proposed lease.

Please find the full report below:

https://www.shotstrust.co.uk/latest-new ... h-council/

Shots Supporters Trust

redandbluescb
Re: Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:27 pm

How have the shots trust have the best interests of our football club. This is an absolute disgraceful
attempt to get the council to cancel the extended lease and the trust to somehow take over the club.
What does the trust think will happen if the council agree with them and stop the extended lease,
no football in Aldershot is what will happen. why go to the council and bad mouth directors who
have kept the club going. Time for the trust to buy Pompey season tickets and leave the running of
our football club to people who have put their money where their mouth is. I love our football club
and cannot understand what the trust hopes to achieve with this action against our football club.

WTF

Post by WTF » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:38 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:27 pm
How have the shots trust have the best interests of our football club. This is an absolute disgraceful
attempt to get the council to cancel the extended lease and the trust to somehow take over the club.
What does the trust think will happen if the council agree with them and stop the extended lease,
no football in Aldershot is what will happen. why go to the council and bad mouth directors who
have kept the club going. Time for the trust to buy Pompey season tickets and leave the running of
our football club to people who have put their money where their mouth is. I love our football club
and cannot understand what the trust hopes to achieve with this action against our football club.
Is that correct?

Im sure that as a major shareholder the Trust have asked the questions of the club, perhaps they have not had an answer and they are looking out for the football clubs interests?

They would be looking for communication and transparency for our club, I would suggest!

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:58 pm

WTF wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:38 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:27 pm
Is that correct?

Im sure that as a major shareholder the Trust have asked the questions of the club, perhaps they have not had an answer and they are looking out for the football clubs interests?

They would be looking for communication and transparency for our club, I would suggest!
They told the council the club should be run by a CIC and a previous director how is that supporting
the chairman and current board.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Are some folk really under the impression any Directors loans should not be paid back at some stage? Surely if the Club get right investment into new ground build then if monies there to pay back loans, happy days. That means the Club will be debt free and even more attractive to further parties wanting to maybe invest more to build up our Club. AND we'll have a new stadium.

Yet again history repeating itself within the Club, power struggles from so called "fans" that will never be happy until they get the power ......... forget the fact they themselves do not have the money to pay off debts or invest further capitol into the Club.

Why are The Trust pointing fingers also by suggesting a certain Director in financial trouble ............ maybe that Director has loaned the Club substantial monies in the past to assist?

To me it looks like sniping going on at highest level, most of which to me really not needed.

Nothing ever changes I'm afraid at ATFC, in all the years I've supported the Club there have been fans happy to tell others how to run a club and spend their money, but ever had the balls to put own money where their mouths are. It really saddens me.

My advice, to those that think they can do better, put your money in, then let us see how you improve things.

WTF

Post by WTF » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:02 pm

I didn't say anything about supporting the current board, I was merely commenting on why they would have gone to the council.

In any event who says they are wrong?

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:01 pm
Are some folk really under the impression any Directors loans should not be paid back at some stage? Surely if the Club get right investment into new ground build then if monies there to pay back loans, happy days. That means the Club will be debt free and even more attractive to further parties wanting to maybe invest more to build up our Club. AND we'll have a new stadium.

Yet again history repeating itself within the Club, power struggles from so called "fans" that will never be happy until they get the power ......... forget the fact they themselves do not have the money to pay off debts or invest further capitol into the Club.

Why are The Trust pointing fingers also by suggesting a certain Director in financial trouble ............ maybe that Director has loaned the Club substantial monies in the past to assist?

To me it looks like sniping going on at highest level, most of which to me really not needed.

Nothing ever changes I'm afraid at ATFC, in all the years I've supported the Club there have been fans happy to tell others how to run a club and spend their money, but ever had the balls to put own money where their mouths are. It really saddens me.

My advice, to those that think they can do better, put your money in, then let us see how you improve things.
As a shareholder they have every right to ask questions.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:24 pm

Totally agree with the good Doctor the trust had their nose put out of joint by the club
bringing back the ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERS CLUB the clue is in the name.
How much money do the trust have to buy out the current board. Who is the previous
millionaire director offering to buy out the current board , all pie in the sky.
Trust put your money where your mouth is and show proof you have the millions needed.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:31 pm

The question i ask myself is how has the club found itself losing considerable amounts of money (again) and who is responsible for that.??

Its commendable that the club has managed to find significant investment just a shame it appears that this really has just kept the club as a going concern and had no tangible benefit to improving the clubs position.

At what point does it become legitimate to question the BODs running of the club? or should we be forever grateful for them for continuously rescuing the club from one self made crisis to the next just because we have a club to support.. (albeit likely to be playing at a lower level the way things are heading).
Last edited by Dom Sterlings Left Leg on Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:34 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:24 pm
Totally agree with the good Doctor the trust had their nose put out of joint by the club
How much money do the trust have to buy out the current board. Who is the previous
millionaire director offering to buy out the current board , all pie in the sky.
Trust put your money where your mouth is and show proof you have the millions needed.
The new supporters club is all about making sure that any additional money raised (squeezed out of us fans) goes directly to the football club to be used in a way the BOD has full control over.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:40 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Is it pie in the sky?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:42 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:34 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
The new supporters club is all about making sure that any additional money raised (squeezed out of us fans) goes directly to the football club to be used in a way the BOD has full control over.
To the best of my knowledge, supporters aren’t forced to to contribute to the new supporters club either by membership fees or the weekly game ‘In With A Shot’.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:42 pm

The new supporters club is all about supporting our football club anyway it can not divide
us fans into two camps.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:42 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, supporters aren’t forced to to contribute to the new supporters club either by membership fees or the weekly game ‘In With A Shot’.
I never said they were

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:51 pm

Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:44 pm
Birdman wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:42 pm

I never said they were
You don’t think that your phrase “squeezed out of us fans“ might have inferred that?