Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Middleman
Re: Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by Middleman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:10 pm

Cph .....the way you act is the reason Aldershot dont get any new Supporters\ followers because the REAL FANS dont let them in......to survive you will have to let the "tourists" in, you require change. Maybe visiting for your two games a season makes you a real fan ?

Shots70

Post by Shots70 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:37 pm

Bruce at the crease, evening to you sir, you all set for a big innings tonight or just a couple of singles?

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Did you really expect anything constructive to come from Denmark TFC.

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 pm

Were the Vikings constructive ?

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:09 pm

Middleman wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 pm
Were the Vikings constructive ?
Built some excellent long boats :D

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:30 am

I keep reading all of these posts and get really confused.
We have so many people saying Aldershot is a S******e and then people going on about building hotels etc on acquiring the lease.
Well my question is. Who is going to stay in a hotel in a S******e? They are not going to stay for the football, they are not going to stay to do some shopping.
Please, will someone tell me what use a hotel is going to be.
I have to admit that friends of mine who live in Aldershot ( one eyed Shots supporters ) say there is a 4 year redevelopment plan for the town so has that got any thing to do with it?

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:41 am

This redevelopment seems to be a lot of housing and accommodation. Quite where these new people will go is another question.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:53 am

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:30 am
We have so many people saying Aldershot is a S******e and then people going on about building hotels etc on acquiring the lease.
Well my question is. Who is going to stay in a hotel in a S******e? They are not going to stay for the football, they are not going to stay to do some shopping.
I have to admit that friends of mine who live in Aldershot ( one eyed Shots supporters ) say there is a 4 year redevelopment plan for the town so has that got any thing to do with it?

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:31 am

Aldershot is a run down town in a very affluent area that attracts a lot of business. A hotel will be used by business people attending conferences etc.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 am

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:30 am
Before Aldershot is redeveloped it sadly has a lot further to fall. Property developers wont buy up large areas and gentrify them until they have hit rock bottom and can be bought for pennies. The few attempts to develop the town have been piecemeal when wholesale reconstruction is needed.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:27 am

In my opinion he spatial plan for Aldershot was poorly thought out. We've known for 20 years what Army land was likely to become available and we have not used it wisely, in fact we have so far wasted it.
The town center has insurmountable problems and as I have said before, in my opinion you need to either change the format of the business/work/live structure or start from scratch.
Individual ownership of properties is the biggest stumbling block of councils being able to carry out game changing developments by both being costly to buy and very time consuming.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:20 pm

[quote=lanternhall post_id=636438 time=1599640292 user_id=5581]
Aldershot is a run down town in a very affluent area that attracts a lot of business. A hotel will be used by business people attending conferences etc.
[/quote]

Hotels in Aldershot are also going to be cheaper than the surrounding options in Farnborough, Farnham, etc. and would be well used by companies with site-based workers (e.g. construction). A hotel at the Rec would be attractive as it's not the usual out-of-town / next-to-a-petrol-station option such as the Premier Inn. Hampton (the budget Hilton brand) has tied in with other stadium developments such as the Leigh Sports Village in the past and would be about right for the town.

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 pm
SteveyAsp wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:30 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:It’s quite an easy definition really....... Real fans means that they only have the clubs best interests as heart, not some random idiot putting his oar in or someone who follows several teams just stirring for the sake of it.....I won’t be discussing anything ATFC with people like that. BB mentioned it in one of his posts somewhereImage

Hope that explains it
What makes you think the Trust don't have the club at heart?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
I don't think he was referring to the trust Steve but to a certain troll who has crawled out from under a stone recently.
Yes that’s exactly what I mean. Not difficult is it. Too many doom mongers always thinking the worst on here. Thankgod this site doesn’t represent the majority of decent ATFC fans

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:11 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:57 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
SteveyAsp wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:30 pm
What makes you think the Trust don't have the club at heart?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
I don't think he was referring to the trust Steve but to a certain troll who has crawled out from under a stone recently.
Yes that’s exactly what I mean. Not difficult is it. Too many doom mongers always thinking the worst on here. Thankgod this site doesn’t represent the majority of decent ATFC fans

But there aren't many. A lot have died and a lot gave up. But because of people like you who have attitudes the fan base won't be replenished. " Not genuine supporter"
Watch your club die.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:03 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:11 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:57 pm
Cph.shots wrote:

But there aren't many. A lot have died and a lot gave up. But because of people like you who have attitudes the fan base won't be replenished. " Not genuine supporter"
Watch your club die.
Not your club as well, Mr H?