Re: Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by lanternhall » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:05 pm

Birdman wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:03 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:11 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Yes that’s exactly what I mean. Not difficult is it. Too many doom mongers always thinking the worst on here. Thankgod this site doesn’t represent the majority of decent ATFC fans

But there aren't many. A lot have died and a lot gave up. But because of people like you who have attitudes the fan base won't be replenished. " Not genuine supporter"
Watch your club die.
Not your club as well, Mr H?
Yes it is. Wrong wording.

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:07 pm

lanternhall wrote:
EastbankAndy wrote:
Cph.shots wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 pm

I don't think he was referring to the trust Steve but to a certain troll who has crawled out from under a stone recently.
Yes that’s exactly what I mean. Not difficult is it. Too many doom mongers always thinking the worst on here. Thankgod this site doesn’t represent the majority of decent ATFC fans

But there aren't many. A lot have died and a lot gave up. But because of people like you who have attitudes the fan base won't be replenished. " Not genuine supporter"
Watch your club die.
This has to be the Quote Of the Year, Lanternhall saying I’ve got attitude. Hahahahahahha!! You really are a Richard aren’t you. I apologise if my Attitude is too positive for you..... Glad to see you’re back anyway after you’re umpteenth retirement statement😂

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:10 pm

lanternhall wrote:
EastbankAndy wrote:
Cph.shots wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 pm

I don't think he was referring to the trust Steve but to a certain troll who has crawled out from under a stone recently.

Watch your club die.
Have you hacked TFCs account LH. Football grounds should be welcoming places, without a my opinion is more valid than yours attitude from certain individuals. A lot of people who usually travel to town to watch games may well not want to go there, but will watch local lower league games. However if the "not a genuine supporter" attitude is what they encounter they won't return.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:17 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:31 am
Aldershot is a run down town in a very affluent area that attracts a lot of business. A hotel will be used by business people attending conferences etc.
I thought you had retired hurt Mr. Hall. You have retired more times than Neil Warnock.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:01 pm

I think 99% who post it on this forum are die hard shot fans
The 1% just want to be Controversial, and stir crap

That’s why they read this message board every day
They care about the club, like I do

A REAL fan...Across the pond

COYS

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:47 pm

“Given that there has already been one credible bid made by a former director to buy out the existing shareholders, we highlighted that there is a genuine and viable alternative.The Club could be taken over by a Community Interest Company (CIC), funded jointly by private individuals and by contributions from the community. There are already successful local football clubs which operate within a CIC.If the worst should happen, and the Club fails, another buyout and CIC could be put together very quickly.“

Now that the initial outbursts have subsided I would like to ask some questions if I may.

1a) Who was the former director, and b) can you put a bit more substance to that credible bid (the offer made, the conditions to it etc)?

2a) The CIC option; the funding by private individuals, would this be by donations, loans (short or long term), other means. Basically would it mean starting with debt? b) What are the ‘contributions from the community’?

3a) I am not doubting that there are successful local football clubs operating ‘within a CIC’. Can you tell us who they are so that we can see what level they play at (NLS, Southern League, CCL etc)? b) What is the highest level that you are aware of that a CIC club plays at (NL, FL)?

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:05 pm

1a) Who was the former director, and b) can you put a bit more substance to that credible bid (the offer made, the conditions to it etc)?

Quite happy for the club to make known the offer and conditions of the approach even though it was Private and Confidential. I presume you may have seen it anyway, be careful you could be opening up a massive can of worms.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:14 pm

brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Quite happy for the club to make known the offer and conditions of the approach even though it was Private and Confidential. I presume you may have seen it anyway, be careful you could be opening up a massive can of worms.
You presume wrongly, Mr B.
My reason for asking is that The Trust state that a credible bid was made. What’s credible to one party may not be credible to the other. Do The Trust know what the bid was “even though it was Private and Confidential” or are they taking the word of the former director?

EDIT: this added after initial post :- “even though it was Private and Confidential

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:30 pm

Now someone is calling another poster a "Richard". .......what does "Richard" mean ?

Now to be a real fan you must live across water ?
Last edited by Middleman on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:30 pm

I refer to my previous comment. You are right though what is credible to one party may not be acceptable to another. I realised very quickly that the club wasn't acceptable to any offer and that's the boards prerogertive.

As I have said on many occaisions a few of the current board have the financial muscle to see the club through these difficult times and more importantly the stadium development.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Middleman wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:30 pm
Now someone is calling another poster a "Richard". .......what does "Richard" mean ?
Dick Emery LOL

Me Mums a Shot

Post by Me Mums a Shot » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Middleman wrote:

Now to be a real fan you must live across water ?
Are you asking all Richards?!

Just that I'm one (by name that is!) and there maybe a few more of us on here!!! 😉😆

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:08 pm

The phrase " you really are a Richard arent you" now what does thst mean ?

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:09 pm

brian bloomfield wrote:
I refer to my previous comment. You are right though what is credible to one party may not be acceptable to another. I realised very quickly that the club wasn't acceptable to any offer and that's the boards prerogertive.

As I have said on many occaisions a few of the current board have the financial muscle to see the club through these difficult times and more importantly the stadium development.
That’s good to hear Brian, so the new stadium is a go-er. 👏❤️💙
Richshot did you copy that. Over. ? 🙈👀😂

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Crowthorne wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:10 pm
lanternhall wrote:
EastbankAndy wrote:

Watch your club die.
Have you hacked TFCs account LH. Football grounds should be welcoming places, without a my opinion is more valid than yours attitude from certain individuals. A lot of people who usually travel to town to watch games may well not want to go there, but will watch local lower league games. However if the "not a genuine supporter" attitude is what they encounter they won't return.

100% correct. Sad thing is that it is so bloody obvious.