Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Shots70
Re: Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by Shots70 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:48 pm

Richard I presume means dickhead, I once delivered to a MR Richard Head, true story

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:57 pm

Would someone please tell me what "A genuine supporter is ?" I thought that you paid your money and went to a football match to support your local team hoping that they would win. How do you become genuine?

Shots70

Post by Shots70 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:17 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:57 pm
Would someone please tell me what "A genuine supporter is ?" I thought that you paid your money and went to a football match to support your local team hoping that they would win. How do you become genuine?
I would say doing just the home games is genuine enough MR hall or roughly 40% of all games, obviously I appreciate that’s difficult if you live in Oklahoma or south eastern Iraq but I’d say my Oklahoma friend seems quite genuine as he posts on here regularly enough!

WTF

Post by WTF » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:09 am

steveshot wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:09 pm
brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:30 pm
I refer to my previous comment. You are right though what is credible to one party may not be acceptable to another. I realised very quickly that the club wasn't acceptable to any offer and that's the boards prerogertive.

As I have said on many occaisions a few of the current board have the financial muscle to see the club through these difficult times and more importantly the stadium development.
That’s good to hear Brian, so the new stadium is a go-er. 👏❤️💙
Richshot did you copy that. Over. ? 🙈👀😂
The million dollar question is in whose name is the lease and "Assets" going to be held?

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:21 am

"The million dollar question is in whose name is the lease and "Assets" going to be held?"

The lease will be with the football club.

It is quiet normal to set up a seperate company (Aldershot Town Football Club Regeneration Limited) to carry out the redevelopment.

WTF

Post by WTF » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:21 am
"The million dollar question is in whose name is the lease and "Assets" going to be held?"

It is quiet normal to set up a seperate company (Aldershot Town Football Club Regeneration Limited) to carry out the redevelopment.
Yes I understand. So if this is all dealt with through the regeneration company, once the loans from director's have been satisfied, does the profit and ongoing income go to the football club or will that remain in the regeneration company and benefit the shareholders?

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:00 am

WTF wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 am
brian bloomfield wrote:

Yes I understand. So if this is all dealt with through the regeneration company, once the loans from director's have been satisfied, does the profit and ongoing income go to the football club or will that remain in the regeneration company and benefit the shareholders?
I'm sure all benefits will go to the club. With regards to the loans to the club I would think these would be traded through normal operations as the inpact of paying the loans down would reduce the quality of the stadium able to be built. Nobody makes loans to football clubs and actually think they will definately get their money back anyway.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:15 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:00 am
WTF wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 am
brian bloomfield wrote:

I'm sure all benefits will go to the club. With regards to the loans to the club I would think these would be traded through normal operations as the inpact of paying the loans down would reduce the quality of the stadium able to be built. Nobody makes loans to football clubs and actually think they will definately get their money back anyway.
So in reality there is no guarantee for the Club?

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:37 pm

I don't have first-hand knowledge of the Rec re-development but have been involved in similar contractual arrangements in other types of construction project.

It's entirely normal for a special purpose vehicle (SPV) company to be set up in conjunction with a developer, and sometimes also with other stakeholders. The SPV is jointly managed by the partners and its constitution/articles defined how profit is pooled and dispersed back to the partners (club and developer) according to an agreed split. This arrangement also protects the club's interest, in that any borrowings/debts in the SPV are not immediately attributable to the club and don't show on its balance sheet.

On occasion, leases may be held by a separate SPV. This is especially true for community projects where the SPV is a trust and not a limited company. This can be done to preserve the lease and associated land-use rights even if the operational company runs into difficulties (think of '92)!

tonygodfrey

Post by tonygodfrey » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:20 pm

Not an expert but think there may be a recent local example of this with Hampshire Cricket and the Rose Bowl.

Rod Bransgrove went into some sort of partnership with the local council which allowed them to develop the hotel and new ground. Think a joint venture company still runs everything. It didn't work out at all badly for them.

It was that or no more cricket.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:57 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:17 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:31 am
Aldershot is a run down town in a very affluent area that attracts a lot of business. A hotel will be used by business people attending conferences etc.
I thought you had retired hurt Mr. Hall. You have retired more times than Neil Warnock.

Hurt gone. You have to keep on. Out of retirement. Know you have all missed me. I remember Warnock playing for us. Didn't think he was that bad. Crap manager.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:00 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:57 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
lanternhall wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:31 am
Aldershot is a run down town in a very affluent area that attracts a lot of business. A hotel will be used by business people attending conferences etc.
I thought you had retired hurt Mr. Hall. You have retired more times than Neil Warnock.

Hurt gone. You have to keep on. Out of retirement. Know you have all missed me. I remember Warnock playing for us. Didn't think he was that bad. Crap manager.
ShotsWeb is like The Hotel California;

’you can check out any time you want,
but you can ... never leave’.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:00 pm
lanternhall wrote:
redandbluescb wrote:

That was actually very funny.
We obviously don't agree on things. Had fallings out. On my part. No hard feelings.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:14 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:09 pm
Birdman wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:00 pm
lanternhall wrote:

That was actually very funny.
We obviously don't agree on things. Had fallings out. On my part. No hard feelings.
Nor here ...., but only if you’ll let me exit my bottom (Birdman thread). :wink: :D

Josh

Post by Josh » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:51 pm

tonygodfrey wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:20 pm
Not an expert but think there may be a recent local example of this with Hampshire Cricket and the Rose Bowl.

Rod Bransgrove went into some sort of partnership with the local council which allowed them to develop the hotel and new ground. Think a joint venture company still runs everything. It didn't work out at all badly for them.

It was that or no more cricket.
Hampshire would have gone bust so ground was sold to Eastleigh council and Hants pay rent if over 400k a year.