Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Middleman
Re: Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by Middleman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:34 pm

Wtf and Brian Bloomfield. Thankyou a great questions and thoughtful answers and opinions.
Great debate

Now i thought "richard" was a form of slang......like cockney rhyming slang
Richard the third= ----
If that is the case surely an apology is owed from the Dr Marten man to another poster.
Still Birdman guess that will not happen.

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:36 pm

WTF wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 am
brian bloomfield wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:21 am
"The million dollar question is in whose name is the lease and "Assets" going to be held?"

The lease will be with the football club.

It is quiet normal to set up a seperate company (Aldershot Town Football Club Regeneration Limited) to carry out the redevelopment.
Yes I understand. So if this is all dealt with through the regeneration company, once the loans from director's have been satisfied, does the profit and ongoing income go to the football club or will that remain in the regeneration company and benefit the shareholders?
I can assure you that everything is in hand and no one is going to acquire assets / land to turn The Rec into a housing estate.

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:42 pm

What about a bigger Buddhist Temple ?

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 pm

😂😂😂😂..... That’s a bloody good point.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:16 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 pm
😂😂😂😂..... That’s a bloody good point.
Re the Buddhist temple. I believe that as well as The Rec’s redevelopment Parsons Barracks car park was also going to be built on although this was completely separate from and not part of the ground redevelopment. Talk was that it was due to be student flats and knocking down the temple was part of that. Unfortunately a suitable and acceptable site for a new temple couldn’t be found.

Here are the images that are on the club’s website and I believe were in a match day programme back in March ‘18 :- https://www.theshots.co.uk/ebb-redevelopment-images/

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:23 pm

Nice

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:28 pm

I still think the first spade will break soil in June 20/21.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:35 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:28 pm
I think that June 20 has already gone. Could be wrong though 🤔. Time seems to fly by when you’re retired. 😉

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:39 pm

[quote=redandbluescb post_id=636651 time=1599773280 user_id=8888]
[/quote]

I think that may be wishful thinking. Lease, planning design, planning application, possible appeal, detailed design, contracts, building regs submission, etc., etc.

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:40 pm

So is that the club or council that states that a new area could not be found ? Why move at all !

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:43 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:39 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
I think that may be wishful thinking. Lease, planning design, planning application, possible appeal, detailed design, contracts, building regs submission, etc., etc.
Mere details, young chimpster, mere details. 😗

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:26 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:39 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Having been involved in Construction for 25 years plus, one thing I’ve become used to is Build Programme delays etc...I think it will be a while😀

WTF

Post by WTF » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:31 am

EastbankAndy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:36 pm
WTF wrote:
brian bloomfield wrote:
"The million dollar question is in whose name is the lease and "Assets" going to be held?"

It is quiet normal to set up a seperate company (Aldershot Town Football Club Regeneration Limited) to carry out the redevelopment.
Yes I understand. So if this is all dealt with through the regeneration company, once the loans from director's have been satisfied, does the profit and ongoing income go to the football club or will that remain in the regeneration company and benefit the shareholders?
I can assure you that everything is in hand and no one is going to acquire assets / land to turn The Rec into a housing estate.
? I was simply referring to the ownership of the assets, Hotel and Housing to earn income from the same, nothing about turning the Rec into a housing estate!

We have seen so many clubs have a new ground built as part of redevelopment then find themselves in serious problems as the only income they have is from football matches!

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:37 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:00 am
WTF wrote:
brian bloomfield wrote:

I'm sure all benefits will go to the club. With regards to the loans to the club I would think these would be traded through normal operations as the inpact of paying the loans down would reduce the quality of the stadium able to be built. Nobody makes loans to football clubs and actually think they will definately get their money back anyway.
So, I infer from that is that it there would not likely be provision for the current directors to have their loans repaid? If so, that saves the question as to whether the £60k raised by the fans would be paid back somehow, plus all of the other substantial ex-gracia payments made by various supporters over the years.

So the scenarios could quite likely be that that Club takes on a lease without the project affectiong it's financial position, except for the prospect of greater future income, or that the current directors are bought out with a deal similar to that where creditors to atfc (1992) were given a proportion of their money back, was it 10p in the pound? (I don't have Mr. Brooklands book to hand to check).

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:48 am

So, I infer from that is that it there would not likely be provision for the current directors to have their loans repaid? If so, that saves the question as to whether the £60k raised by the fans would be paid back somehow, plus all of the other substantial ex-gracia payments made by various supporters over the years.

So the scenarios could quite likely be that that Club takes on a lease without the project affectiong it's financial position, except for the prospect of greater future income, or that the current directors are bought out with a deal similar to that where creditors to atfc (1992) were given a proportion of their money back, was it 10p in the pound? (I don't have Mr. Brooklands book to hand to check).
I believe monies raised by fans over the years have been donations as opposed to loans. I'm never expecting back a penny of any dosh I parted with.

Director loans usually are heavier amounts of money needed as cash injections, usually interest free to the Club and no "must pay back by dates" unless Club being sold onto other parties. Then think it'd be only fair monies be paid back to them, believe we did for the wonderful John McGinty family (still missed to this day).