Re: Shots Trust Presentation to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by 15-4-08 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 am

EastbankAndy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:36 pm
WTF wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 am
brian bloomfield wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:21 am
"The million dollar question is in whose name is the lease and "Assets" going to be held?"

The lease will be with the football club.

It is quiet normal to set up a seperate company (Aldershot Town Football Club Regeneration Limited) to carry out the redevelopment.
Yes I understand. So if this is all dealt with through the regeneration company, once the loans from director's have been satisfied, does the profit and ongoing income go to the football club or will that remain in the regeneration company and benefit the shareholders?
I can assure you that everything is in hand and no one is going to acquire assets / land to turn The Rec into a housing estate.
How are you in a position to know this and assure us?

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:57 am

Birdman wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:16 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 pm
😂😂😂😂..... That’s a bloody good point.
Re the Buddhist temple. I believe that as well as The Rec’s redevelopment Parsons Barracks car park was also going to be built on although this was completely separate from and not part of the ground redevelopment. Talk was that it was due to be student flats and knocking down the temple was part of that. Unfortunately a suitable and acceptable site for a new temple couldn’t be found.

Here are the images that are on the club’s website and I believe were in a match day programme back in March ‘18 :- https://www.theshots.co.uk/ebb-redevelopment-images/
Has the information about the Buddhist temple been publicised before now? If not, should it have been?

Is there anything else about the redevelopment that has changed?

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:27 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:57 am
Birdman wrote:
EastbankAndy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 pm
😂😂😂😂..... That’s a bloody good point.
Re the Buddhist temple. I believe that as well as The Rec’s redevelopment Parsons Barracks car park was also going to be built on although this was completely separate from and not part of the ground redevelopment. Talk was that it was due to be student flats and knocking down the temple was part of that. Unfortunately a suitable and acceptable site for a new temple couldn’t be found.

Here are the images that are on the club’s website and I believe were in a match day programme back in March ‘18 :- https://www.theshots.co.uk/ebb-redevelopment-images/
Has the information about the Buddhist temple been publicised before now? If not, should it have been?

What I heard is that there is too much cabling from the BT Exchange under the temple, which makes redevelopment nigh-on impossible.
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:48 am
I believe monies raised by fans over the years have been donations as opposed to loans. I'm never expecting back a penny of any dosh I parted with.
I would find it hard to stomach if the Directors got back the money they used to 'save the club' and that included the £60k top-up from the fans.

A surefire lesson surely learnt. Give the money by all means but maintain parity with everyone else so that it's a consideration in a buy-out scenario. One of the reasons why the formality of a Trust is of value.

Personally, I don't think this project will ever happen. It's a carbon-copy (almost) of the imminent plans from 1991. Groundhog day.

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:30 pm

ShotOnTarget wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:27 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:57 am
Birdman wrote:

What I heard is that there is too much cabling from the BT Exchange under the temple, which makes redevelopment nigh-on impossible.
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:48 am
I believe monies raised by fans over the years have been donations as opposed to loans. I'm never expecting back a penny of any dosh I parted with.
I would find it hard to stomach if the Directors got back the money they used to 'save the club' and that included the £60k top-up from the fans.

A surefire lesson surely learnt. Give the money by all means but maintain parity with everyone else so that it's a consideration in a buy-out scenario. One of the reasons why the formality of a Trust is of value.

Personally, I don't think this project will ever happen. It's a carbon-copy (almost) of the imminent plans from 1991. Groundhog day.
Thank you.

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:31 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 am
EastbankAndy wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:36 pm
WTF wrote:

Yes I understand. So if this is all dealt with through the regeneration company, once the loans from director's have been satisfied, does the profit and ongoing income go to the football club or will that remain in the regeneration company and benefit the shareholders?
I can assure you that everything is in hand and no one is going to acquire assets / land to turn The Rec into a housing estate.
How are you in a position to know this and assure us?
I cannot possibly divulge that information on the grounds I may incriminate myself😇

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:26 pm

So i take it from your reply your initial statement is all " hearsay"......no singing please.

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:48 pm

I don’t deal in hearsay, only facts luvvy

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:06 pm

Well luvvy. I thank you.so your unsure about a bigger Buddhist temple ?.......there was me thinking your so " in the know"

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:52 am

Middleman wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:06 pm
Well luvvy. I thank you.so your unsure about a bigger Buddhist temple ?.......there was me thinking your so " in the know"
[/quote

No I’m not in the know, but I know a man who is. He’s not Nepalese. Have they thrown you off your teams chat page or something? I’m off to the Pub with some real shots fans at 12 so have a great day xx

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:39 am

Oh dear.....are you a viking ?

Remember to social distance :wink:

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:53 am

WTF wrote:
brian bloomfield wrote:
"The million dollar question is in whose name is the lease and "Assets" going to be held?"

It is quiet normal to set up a seperate company (Aldershot Town Football Club Regeneration Limited) to carry out the redevelopment.
Interesting question, anyone able to answer this?

WTF

Post by WTF » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 am

Shots1954 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:53 am
WTF wrote:
brian bloomfield wrote:

Thanks 1954 I am still wondering myself!

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:24 am

WTF wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 am
Shots1954 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:53 am
WTF wrote:

Thanks 1954 I am still wondering myself!
I presume the parent company will financially control the regeneration company and as long as I can remember since 1976, no dividend has ever been paid to shareholders.

Of course ATFC RGL could pay dividends but in my opinion this would be morally corrupt and wouldn't even be considered.

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks Brian, do you know if this was covered in any of the forums?

My concern is that the Football Club makes nothing from the redevelopment in ongoing terms, rent etc and has to rely simply on "gate monies"