No football just yet

80fc
No football just yet

Post by 80fc » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:48 pm

Gatherings of more than six people banned, so it's live stream football for a while. Can the National league afford to go ahead?

Ian Rust
Re: No football just yet

Post by Ian Rust » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:07 pm

Law not clear to you, not clear to me, not clear to anyone....so we’ll all pretty much ignore it.

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:21 pm

Ian Rust wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:07 pm
Law not clear to you, not clear to me, not clear to anyone....so we’ll all pretty much ignore it.
Rubbish.

Most of the advice/guidance/rules has been perfectly clear since day one.

Some people just act dumb and choose not to understand because they don’t like being told what to do!

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:28 pm

*Banned from Monday because the virus doesn’t exist at weekends...

There are a lot of exemptions to this one and no indication of when they will review it. I think Boris has a conference tomorrow to explain it in the crystal clear way Alex is commending.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:58 pm

The new rule is clear enough. It's just that the exceptions always seem inconsistent and/or arbitrary.

Today my church can hold a service with more than 30 people - unless it is a wedding or funeral, presumably because they are deemed less safe than regular services. But next week it seems the reverse will be true, as only 6 people can attend a regular service, but weddings and funerals are still allowed 30.

My wife has to teach a class of 30 children because this is a school and so it is safe. But she happened to meet only 6 of these children in the open air, it would be unsafe and hence illegal.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:30 am

The new rule is clear enough. It's just that the exceptions always seem inconsistent and/or arbitrary.

Today my church can hold a service with more than 30 people - unless it is a wedding or funeral, presumably because they are deemed less safe than regular services. But next week it seems the reverse will be true, as only 6 people can attend a regular service, but weddings and funerals are still allowed 30.

My wife has to teach a class of 30 children because this is a school and so it is safe. But she happened to meet only 6 of these children in the open air, it would be unsafe and hence illegal.
No Government would win in this Country, what ever decision made and why some blighter would argue to toss against.

MikeB, think you'd be happier all schools close etc ....... go back into total lockdown because that is what seems to confuse you. I think they are doing their best to contain virus but also keep things like education, work place etc going as best they can.

I love the confusion folk berate about, mainly because its easier to moan than come up with a please all solution ........... That'll never happen will it. :lol:

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:31 am

This bubble nonsense is the biggest nonsense i have known in my life ........
So now i cant go to work then or is that exempt ?

I live in Preston and work in Bolton two of the highest known areas in the country !!

Will someone please tell me i'm not going mad :mrgreen:

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:35 am

Takes some attention away from Brandon Lewis’ comments yesterday...

Essentially, the new rules are...
Safe:
Go to work (Pay income tax/fuel duty)
Go to the shops (Pay VAT)
Go to the pub (Pay VAT/Alcohol duty)

Not Safe:
Seeing your family in their home (No opportunity to pay tax)

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:19 am

ians

Post by ians » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:20 am

All evidence is showing that the virus spreads indoors, outdoor activities should be allowed to go ahead with the agreed Covid rules.

If they don't the government may one day have trouble with social disobedience I suspect due to their lack of leadership and general inept performance :x

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:21 am

If you read it properly, sporting events are one of the exemptions so I don’t understand why you say no football yet. Obviously Boris could yet throw a spanner in the works ref crowd attendance for lower league football however that won’t happen me thinks 👍

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:29 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:30 am

No Government would win in this Country, what ever decision made and why some blighter would argue to toss against.

MikeB, think you'd be happier all schools close etc ....... go back into total lockdown because that is what seems to confuse you. I think they are doing their best to contain virus but also keep things like education, work place etc going as best they can.

I love the confusion folk berate about, mainly because its easier to moan than come up with a please all solution ........... That'll never happen will it. :lol:
Yes, I do get it. I agree the government is in a no-win situation and I wouldn't want their job. And I will keep to any rules they prescribe. And I want the economy, education, etc to continue.

But at a personal level, it's just frustrating to see my wife go off to school every day and pick up who-knows-what from the random selection of children and other staff, but not be allowed to meet up socially with another 5 people.

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:34 am

If you want to blame anyone for the 'confusing' change in rules, blame the moronic minority devoid of any common sense.

There are scores of laws we all have to follow, even though they're nonsensical - a 70mph speed limit on motorways being one. These laws exist because some people just can't be trusted to act responsibly.

I'm no apologist for the Government and they've made plenty of mistakes, but I've also had to deal with many large organisations who've proven to be utterly incompetent managing their business during the pandemic.

Ultimately, humans are a wholly unreliable species. The sooner you accept that and take responsibility for your own life, the happier you'll be.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:44 am

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:34 am

I'm no apologist for the Government and they've made plenty of mistakes, but I've also had to deal with many large organisations who've proven to be utterly incompetent managing their business during the pandemic.
They asked Matt Hancock on the news why it’s safe to go to the pub/work and he said it’s because they all have the restrictions in place. No doubt the majority do but is anyone actually policing it and checking bar an obligatory form? Plenty of workspaces are too small to be Covid-secure.

karlready

Post by karlready » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:58 am

EastbankAndy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:21 am
If you read it properly, sporting events are one of the exemptions so I don’t understand why you say no football yet. Obviously Boris could yet throw a spanner in the works ref crowd attendance for lower league football however that won’t happen me thinks 👍
Playing football, and most other sports, is controllable. It’s the spectating that’s the problem.Boris won’t need to interfere ,attendance limits will be defined by percentage capacity. But with further distancing restrictions, any live spectator participation will be a no-no.