Taking The Knee

Preston Shot
Re: Taking The Knee

Post by Preston Shot » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Les Briley wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:25 pm
Preston Shot wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:23 am
This is becoming uncomfortable now for players.
You can sense that the majority don’t want to do it anymore but are not wanting to be the one to say no.
The one that’s says hey fook this will get so much respect and admiration.
It's alright doing all this with no crowd in the ground, once people are allowed back in I'll give it a week before it's all stopped.
Your absolutely right Les, they’ll be lots of booing as we all can’t agree on what’s right or wrong.
All the people I know and speak to are all against it for various reasons.
Are they all racists I don’t think so.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:53 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:48 pm
Les Briley wrote:
Preston Shot wrote:
You can sense that the majority don’t want to do it anymore but are not wanting to be the one to say no.
It's alright doing all this with no crowd in the ground, once people are allowed back in I'll give it a week before it's all stopped.
Your absolutely right Les, they’ll be lots of booing as we all can’t agree on what’s right or wrong.
100% correct...., Footballers have the backbone of a jelly fish, at least other Sportsmen have ditched this charade.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:59 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Les Briley wrote:
Preston Shot wrote:
Yes. Reading posts, there are a lot of racists on here. Maybe subconsciously. But you are racist.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:10 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:59 pm
Preston Shot wrote:
Les Briley wrote:

Yes. Reading posts, there are a lot of racists on here. Maybe subconsciously. But you are racist.
:shock:...., I'd call him a Patriot.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:21 pm

And I would call him an idiot who doesn't live in the modern world. It is a global society.
What is a patriot? Someone who admires a county that ravised, stole from and abused other countries and their culture?
The British empire is responsible for why the third world is now starving We stole their wealth.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:45 pm

Singapore, Malaysia, Canada, Australia and quite a few others seem to have done well since unshackled by the British. Why is this? Could it be that that corruption and ineptitude has affected some of the others? India has been independent for more than 70 x years; can they really blame their current situation on the British?

Changing tack, I have never quite grasped why the English need to be ashamed or accused of being racist and colonialist if they claim to be patriotic. Don’t find that a mindset anywhere else, even in other former coloniast nations like France.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:54 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:45 pm
Singapore, Malaysia, Canada, Australia and quite a few others seem to have done well since unshackled by the British. Why is this? Could it be that that corruption and ineptitude has affected some of the others? India has been independent for more than 70 x years; can they really blame their current situation on the British?

Changing tack, I have never quite grasped why the English need to be ashamed or accused of being racist and colonialist if they claim to be patriotic. Don’t find that a mindset anywhere else, even in other former coloniast nations like France.
100% agree, couldn't have put it better myself..... 8) English & Proud

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Fuggletim wrote:

Because we should be ashamed of our racist and colonial history. Reason that a lot of other countries became dictorships after British rule, is because, we did not educate the population.
Yes India can. The British divided the county to create Pakistan with no thought of consequences. Muslims and Hindus who had lived in peace. Killing each other.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Les Briley wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:54 pm
Fuggletim wrote:

Why? Give me a reason to be English and proud? Not having a dig. Would be interested in answer.

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:10 pm

Lanternhall your spot on again. Everywhere we went we were nasty. We told the Jews and Arabs they could have the same bit of land look at the problems now.....That said for a tiny country we ruled a big portion of the world. The Queen has done alot with the commonwealth and admitted our past, a great Lady.
She even admitted to the Irish, very brave lady and long may she reign.today is today.
I am very proud to be English.
Last edited by Middleman on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Talk of booing the action. Wow.

Wonder how our black players would feel about that attitude.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:19 pm

No colonialist power can be proud of everything it did, but in equal measure it does not need to be ashamed about everything either.

Please don’t tell me that before Empire that Sikh, Muslims and Hindus lived in peace!

Dictators arise because of personal political ambition and a refusal to accept democratic rule. That has nothing to do with Empire

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:48 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm
Les Briley wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:54 pm
Fuggletim wrote:

Why? Give me a reason to be English and proud? Not having a dig. Would be interested in answer.
Well go on then Lanternhall; what Nationality would you be proud to be and why?

Personally the fact there isn’t a Nazi Swastika outside my house and throughout much of Europe is a little indication why I feel proud to be English, or to be more specific; British.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:49 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:03 pm
Fuggletim wrote:

Because we should be ashamed of our racist and colonial history. Reason that a lot of other countries became dictorships after British rule, is because, we did not educate the population.
Yes India can. The British divided the county to create Pakistan with no thought of consequences. Muslims and Hindus who had lived in peace. Killing each other.
I think that the division of India was caused by the Muslim population wanting their own Islamic state. You have to ask the various religious groups why they felt the necessity to butcher and kill others of a different religion.
I’m not saying this is the definitive answer but it might help explain things a bit :- https://www.history.ox.ac.uk/files/teac ... ed-1947pdf

Middleman

Post by Middleman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:49 pm

Your right Fuggletin, though we do tend to rape and pillage everything worth having then leave.....
Maybe it was due to the Vikings.......
Fuggletin I am proud to be English not British.

Gandhi what a man. The Calcutta Massacres.....showed how nasty we were. We got the Nepalese Ghurkas to do our dirty work.
Last edited by Middleman on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.