Post by Birdman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:02 pm

Middleman
Re: The Weekly Update

Post by Middleman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:14 pm

better written, no news though.

beachboy

Post by beachboy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:41 am

For this stage in the build up to the season the balance of the update was absolutely fine. I just hope as the season gets going the Shots start to do well so everyone's interest from afar doesn't quickly wane.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:11 am

On the football front, news of a little tease regarding Trialists. Looking at squad I'd still say four players light. Wonder what the new days will be for announcing "two in" :lol:

Covid wise, good to hear grants available easing burden on Clubs.

Crowds back - still think Boris will block it all, so live tinternet the way forward for a while, no idea how financially any lower league club will survive without crowds.

Trust v BOD & Lease - Would have been nice for an update, but think new ground swell has past, like in the past it'll go down as just wishful thinking.

Control of the Club - Some things will never change, in my fifty plus years of supporting Shots there has always been folk who think they can run the Club better, none of them with the wallets or the will to put own dosh down to do so. Sadly we have a fanbase permanently divided on said subject.

Player Ratings - No idea if they will remain in situ this season, prefer using my finely honed skills watching games "live" as tend to fall asleep all to easily in front of a screen. Still waiting to see if I will be "guest" expert on the Live-Streaming TV, I have invested in a John Motson Sheepskin coat, had some bottox, had teeth whitening (but still waiting for them to come back from paint shop) and have promised not to use any more near knuckle football quips like my now banned "he went down quicker than a 1970's p*rn star" ........... although I've heard Gary Linekar may use that line this coming season.