Dartford

Headley Shot
Re: Dartford

Post by Headley Shot » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:57 am

Ian Rust wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am
It was a training game. They are all pre-planned sessions.
Last night was a ball recovery practice session. The players were told not to maintain procession so we would get the maximum practice time trying win it back.
The target was 50 recoveries, but we actually ended up getting 67 recoveries.
You can only achieve the target that's put in front of you and the lads won the day by comfortably beating it.
A target win is a win and overall it was a very impressive session.
:lol: The only saving grace was that Dartford were dirty bs**ds and I now dislike their manager Steve King even more for instructing his players to do that in a pre season friendly.
Absolutely no need for it whatsoever.
Kinsella injured again perhaps ?
Sendles White and Finney both look dodgy with poor decision making as per last year, so let’s hope they both improve but the signs are this could be another difficult season for the club.
I’m not sure if the budget is too small but without serious reinforcements we will get steamrollered by the majority of National League sides.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:19 am

As long as we don't get steamrollered by the bottom 4 - Happy Days

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am

I agree, not getting relegated is a must.

However, another dire season skirting around will or wont we get relegated will just about kill off another large chunk of supporters good will. The Club has to have higher aspirations, please god.

We just seem to roll out excuse after excuse for poor performing.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:48 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am
I agree, not getting relegated is a must.

However, another dire season skirting around will or wont we get relegated will just about kill off another large chunk of supporters good will. The Club has to have higher aspirations, please god.

We just seem to roll out excuse after excuse for poor performing.
I think the club will be running a very tight budget this year and rightly so. The key to maximise budgets is loan players and that is down to the Team Manager and Chairmans' contacts.

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:51 am

Right that’s it!! I’m ripping my season ticket up(When I get it)
I will be posting only Alan Partridge quotes from now on...... Some people......

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:53 am

EastbankAndy wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:51 am
Right that’s it!! I’m ripping my season ticket up(When I get it)
I will be posting only Alan Partridge quotes from now on...... Some people......
Don't rip it up, you may miss out on the 4th round of the FA Cup :P

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 am

Good point Brian. I love you.....in a way

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 am

I think the club will be running a very tight budget this year and rightly so. The key to maximise budgets is loan players and that is down to the Team Manager and Chairmans' contacts.
I think that'll apply for 85% of teams from Leagues One & Two and Below.

The open question then being, will 100% of our fan-base be happy should we struggle or dare I ask, get relegated?

The usual response to this is never a measured one, always folk pointing to happy clapping group or moaning minnies group. Would love to hear some more thoughtful replies on this.

I can never stop being a Shots Man, but in terms of on field performances, do not think I can stomach yet another gruelling battle with the drop. It knocks the stuffing out of me, is the truth and I just find the reasoning behind things is somewhat lame most of the time, nobody ever willing to hold hands up and say "I f**ked that up".

Hence, love a battle to get into and stay in the top ten this season, that'll do for a starts !!

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 am

I agree Dr. We all want the same thing, just that the journey is interrupted in many ways and not always reaching the desired destination. Who invented the Skip?

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:13 am

My main concern is that for the third consecutive game we used the same squad with the same 4 trialists (Edser, Colombie, Schroll and Rabbetts). Are there no other trialists around who could improve our squad and why are we not looking at them?
Dartford used about 10 trialists last night, is it again the question of connections and Steve King has far more than Danny.

Ian Rust

Post by Ian Rust » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:37 am

Ben Schroll & Joe Rabbetts are both Youth Team players so don't really count as trialists - ie they are players whose abilities are already well known to the club management.

ians

Post by ians » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am

Charlie Sherringham was so much better than the dreadful Panna as well

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:46 am

Wanderer wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:13 am
My main concern is that for the third consecutive game we used the same squad with the same 4 trialists (Edser, Colombie, Schroll and Rabbetts). Are there no other trialists around who could improve our squad and why are we not looking at them?
Dartford used about 10 trialists last night, is it again the question of connections and Steve King has far more than Danny.
I’m sure Danny will be happy to have a chat with you

DelhiBoy

Post by DelhiBoy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 pm

[quote=Wanderer post_id=637208 time=1600251225 user_id=84]
[/quote]

If he played lots of trialists, then there would be people on here telling him to play with a settled team so that they could begin to gel. There is no winning, whatever he does.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:09 pm

Alex wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:46 am
I’m sure Danny will be happy to have a chat with you
Danny should be chatting to his connections and not waste his time talking to me.