The Alternative Interview - All 7 Episodes Now Online

Kappadeano
Re: The Alternative Interview - Episodes 1 and 2

Post by Kappadeano » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:10 pm

Episode 3 is now available.

Ben recalls the departure of Kevin Dillon, arrival of Dean Holdsworth, being made captain and a villa in Italy! How do you celebrate your only goal too? That famous night at West Ham, Manchester United and why we approached the game in the wrong way. 47 players in one season? How does that affect morale? And the match where Ben changed the line up or we could have been docked points!

My thanks to Graham Brookland for taking the time out to do the interview, as well as Ben. Got another ex-player lined up to be recorded later this week.

**Please see link below for the GOFUNDME page set up to assist in us being able to continue producing these videos with upgraded equipment and software, 50% of all donations will go to the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice. Any donations are greatly appreciated.**

https://gf.me/u/y4qirr

Reg's corner
Re: The Alternative Interview - Episodes 1 and 2 - ****Episode 3 now online****

Post by Reg's corner » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:16 pm

yes the tactics against man u were a bit strange.. hey ho.. can someone name all of the '47' .. thats a tough one..! ;-]

Kappadeano
Re: The Alternative Interview - Episodes 1, 2 & 3 - ****Episode 4 now online****

Post by Kappadeano » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:56 pm

Episode 4 can be found here https://youtu.be/JMnW9ymC07I

Ben recalls the 2012/13 season when The Shots lost their Football League status.

Please feel free to donate if you can on the link below. 50% will go to Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice.

https://gf.me/u/y4qirr

Statto

Post by Statto » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:46 pm

Reg's corner wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:16 pm
yes the tactics against man u were a bit strange.. hey ho.. can someone name all of the '47' .. thats a tough one..! ;-]
We used 41 players in 2011-12 (as in 41 players played in a game):

OL = on loan

Bruno Andrade OL
Doug Bergqvist
Sonny Bradley OL
Aaron Brown
Jordan Brown OL
Troy Brown OL
Bradley Bubb
Charlie Collins OL
Jamie Collins
Reece Connolly
Scott Davies OL
Chris Doig
Michael Doughty OL
Luke Guttridge
Charlie Henry OL
Ben Herd
Danny Hylton
Darren Jones
Jermaine McGlashan
Guy Madjo
Adam Mekki
Mark Molesley OL
Aaron Morris
Darren Murphy OL
Manny Panther
Josh Payne
Stefan Payne
Greg Pearson OL
Anthony Pulis
Michael Rankine
Wilko Risser
Jordan Roberts
Alex Rodman
Rob Sinclair OL
Adam Smith OL
Ben Smith OL
Anthony Straker
Jake Taylor OL
Peter Vincenti
Ross Worner
Jamie Young

Three others were signed, but didn't play:

Jamie Day OL
Graeme Montgomery
Tony Tucker
Last edited by Statto on Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:15 pm

Statto wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:46 pm
Reg's corner wrote:
We used 41 players in 2011-12:

OL = on loan

Bruno Andrade OL
Doug Bergqvist
Sonny Bradley OL
Aaron Brown
Jordan Brown OL
Troy Brown OL
Bradley Bubb
Charlie Collins OL
Jamie Collins
Reece Connolly
Scott Davies OL
Chris Doig
Michael Doughty OL
Luke Guttridge
Charlie Henry OL
Ben Herd
Danny Hylton
Darren Jones
Jermaine McGlashan
Guy Madjo
Adam Mekki
Mark Molesley OL
Aaron Morris
Darren Murphy OL
Manny Panther
Josh Payne
Stefan Payne
Greg Pearson OL
Anthony Pulis
Michael Rankine
Wilko Risser
Jordan Roberts
Alex Rodman
Rob Sinclair OL
Adam Smith OL
Ben Smith OL
Anthony Straker
Jake Taylor OL
Peter Vincenti
Ross Worner
Jamie Young

Jamie Day OL
Graeme Montgomery
Tony Tucker
wow!well done. you deserve a mars bar for that !!

Reg's corner
Re: The Alternative Interview - Episodes 1, 2 & 3 - ****Episode 4 now online****

Post by Reg's corner » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:33 pm

wow part certainly brings up some new insights along suspicions we probably all had.. so much money being paid out of our football club.. a very sorry tale.. ;-[

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:34 pm

Reg's corner wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:33 pm
wow part 4 certainly brings up some new insights along suspicions we probably all had.. so much money being paid out of our football club.. a very sorry tale.. ;-[ pt 5 looks even more interesting.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:48 pm

The 3 players signed who didn't play were all included in the matchday squad of 16/18 at some point, so should be included.
To those you should also add Jordan Clement (unused sub on 13 occasions) and Henrik Breimyr (unused sub once) but this still only the total 46.

Kidderminster Shots

Post by Kidderminster Shots » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:14 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:48 pm
The 3 players signed who didn't play were all included in the matchday squad of 16/18 at some point, so should be included.
To those you should also add Jordan Clement (unused sub on 13 occasions) and Henrik Breimyr (unused sub once) but this still only the total 46.
You make me laugh Wanderer. Never miss an opportunity to call out Statto do you! I admire you both massively, but your stat-off does make me smile.

How the hell did we get relegated with that squad by the way? 15+ players listed there who went on to have good league careers. We should never have failed

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:05 pm

Ben more or less explains that in ep4

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:10 pm

Statto wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:46 pm
Reg's corner wrote:
We used 41 players in 2011-12:

OL = on loan

Bruno Andrade OL
Doug Bergqvist
Sonny Bradley OL
Aaron Brown
Jordan Brown OL
Troy Brown OL
Bradley Bubb
Charlie Collins OL
Jamie Collins
Reece Connolly
Scott Davies OL
Chris Doig
Michael Doughty OL
Luke Guttridge
Charlie Henry OL
Ben Herd
Danny Hylton
Darren Jones
Jermaine McGlashan
Guy Madjo
Adam Mekki
Mark Molesley OL
Aaron Morris
Darren Murphy OL
Manny Panther
Josh Payne
Stefan Payne
Greg Pearson OL
Anthony Pulis
Michael Rankine
Wilko Risser
Jordan Roberts
Alex Rodman
Rob Sinclair OL
Adam Smith OL
Ben Smith OL
Anthony Straker
Jake Taylor OL
Peter Vincenti
Ross Worner
Jamie Young

Jamie Day OL
Graeme Montgomery
Tony Tucker
Absolutely ridiculous amount of players!

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 am

Kidderminster Shots wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:14 pm
Wanderer wrote:
You make me laugh Wanderer. Never miss an opportunity to call out Statto do you! I admire you both massively, but your stat-off does make me smile.

How the hell did we get relegated with that squad by the way? 15+ players listed there who went on to have good league careers. We should never have failed
I was only trying to work out how the figure could have reached 47, just because a player didn't play is no reason to not include him in the squad.
I now believe the 47th player was Max Worsfold who had been given the squad number 29. Dwayne Coultress and Jack Barton were also given squad numbers but would most likely have been treated as youth players.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:45 pm

It’s been really interesting listening to Ben.
Didn’t think I’d have sympathy for Kevin Dillon, misunderstood guy that pushed the club to try improve. I didn’t like him at the time and the board probably didn’t like him telling them what’s what either so as soon as results went against him he was a dead man walking. I remember being fed up of those last handful of performances and wanted him out.

Mostly he’s just saying how we felt about especially on things like the ridiculousness of Holdsworth’s revolving loan deals, the board chopping and changing chief executives and creating weird new roles, business not a football club, nice to know it was as absurd to him as it was to us.

Kappadeano

Post by Kappadeano » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:03 pm

There are still a few Ben Herd episodes to go and then there is this.......... https://youtu.be/i0oOPiMCT6k

Statto

Post by Statto » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:53 pm

Wanderer wrote:
IIRC, the statement made in the video was "we used 47 players........" (as in 47 players played), therefore my list is correct.

My records agree with your figures for Breimyr and Clement.