Video streaming moving forward

NorskShot
Video streaming moving forward

Post by NorskShot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:39 pm

I seem to have upset a few people with my recent comments about the livestreaming attempts by the Club. I have been a Shots supporter for nearly 60 years and as a Stray Shot living in Cheshire was really looking forward to the livestreaming of our home games. A chance to watch the Shots regularly

The club need to realise there is a potentially large market for livestreaming here
Regular fans
Us Strayshots ( over 100 on the fb page from all over the world)
A Norwegian Shots fanclub
Fan clubs in many other countries.

The club are heavily promoting the service with a front page banner on their website.

So how do we move forward?
I think the club has 2 options, abandon it, or do it properly.

By doing it properly I mean not using the rather pathetic system they are using at the moment. People keep asking us to be patient as they experiment and try to improve the current technology. Given the potential interest and heavy marketing they are doing that is just going to turn more and more people away.

I have been asked to be more constructive......so how about this.
There must be quite a few professional wedding videoers within 25 miles of the club who are doing nothing at the moment. Let's find one and give him a contract. He will have all the equipment and skills that we need. It will enhance his experience and cv.

Add your ideas here.....

The Club need to be far more professional in their marketing and development of new services to fans in the current situation than they are at the moment. Do they have a marketing manager? Does he understand modern social media marketing? No evidence so far.

Ian Rust
Re: Video streaming moving forward

Post by Ian Rust » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:26 pm

I agree, the club have been sold a pup with the match coverage equipment. Even if they ‘get it right’ in a few games it’s never going to offer a decent view of the game because of the single fixed camera position and piss poor zoom facility.
Like you say it needs a professional producer and cameraman, but that will cost more money.

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Mark Butler was defending the coverage and having a go back at those who dare to speak up on the clubs FB page yesterday.

At the end of the day, I’d presume that this isnt the first time that the company we are using has “gone to a rodeo”?! Whilst I appreciate there may be teething troubles with any new set up, I wouldn’t expect the “troubles” in a case such as ours to involve a BASIC TASK like following the ball!! 🙄🙄

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Isnt this camera one that is installed for the use of Chelsea u23s...? They have a whole team of people analysing every aspect of the game so they use this to give a wider perspective on the game to analyse players positional sense etc

NorskShot

Post by NorskShot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:11 pm

The way the pandemic is going it is unlikely spectators will be allowed in over the Winter, and even if they are it will be in much reduced numbers with a demand for others to watch a live stream of a game.
With good marketing could we get 1000 live stream viewers paying per game? That must mean the club could pay for a professional camera operator.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:17 pm

NorskShot wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:11 pm
The way the pandemic is going it is unlikely spectators will be allowed in over the Winter, and even if they are it will be in much reduced numbers with a demand for others to watch a live stream of a game.
With good marketing could we get 1000 live stream viewers paying per game? That must mean the club could pay for a professional camera operator.
We have a couple of pretty decent ones that are known to the club.
Just takes a couple of calls and some pride swallowing not of the London kind.
I can do that bit for them :wink:

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:10 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:32 pm
Mark Butler was defending the coverage and having a go back at those who dare to speak up on the clubs FB page yesterday.
Couldn’t see anything myself where you claim MB was having a go back at “those who dare to speak up”. Only comment I found was MB accepting the system has its problems & needs to be corrected if people are being asked to subscribe.

Unless of course you are talking crap & just simply want to continue your agenda of putting the club down at any given opportunity.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:10 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
Couldn’t see anything myself where you claim MB was having a go back at “those who dare to speak up”. Only comment I found was MB accepting the system has its problems & needs to be corrected if people are being asked to subscribe.

Unless of course you are talking crap & just simply want to continue your agenda of putting the club down at any given opportunity.
+1.

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:53 pm

bordon shot wrote:
15-4-08 wrote:

Rose tinted glasses alert!! I have no agenda, but I’m perfectly entitled to be critical of whoever or whatever.

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:57 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:53 pm
bordon shot wrote:
15-4-08 wrote:

Rose tinted glasses alert!! I have no agenda, but I’m perfectly entitled to be critical of whoever or whatever.
You are, but at least try to be honest with your criticism.

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:06 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:57 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
bordon shot wrote:

Be honest? What have I LIED about?

Turnkey

Post by Turnkey » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:26 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:06 pm
bordon shot wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:57 pm
15-4-08 wrote:
Be honest? What have I LIED about?
How about sticking up a link to said page with MB having a go at supporters?

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:11 am

Comments like “sold a pup” are way out, the club hasn’t paid a penny for the camera system. However the system isn’t working correctly and with lack of zoom isn’t going to deliver the necessary standard of coverage. The whole point of a training camera is it stays zoomed out so coaches can analyse the shape of the team and the off-the-ball running.

Time the club accepts this and makes other arrangements IMHO.

80fc

Post by 80fc » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:14 am

I'm not sure about all the complaints about no zoom. I don't get zoom facilities of the High Street end when I'm stood on the East Bank.

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:40 am

Hi 15-4-08.
Take no notice of what "The Others " say. Their lot have lied or been lied to for so long they wouldn't know the truth if it was in triplicate right in front of their eyes.
For all that you have written on here I have not seen anything to make me believe you are lying.
I seem to read from someone just fed up with all the goings on and like me just can't see an end to it, well not a favourable end anyway.
I would gladly pay on line to watch The Shots play but I will wait until it gets sorted out, hopefully soon.