92-93 season

brian bloomfield
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:00 am
Location: Barcelona
Re: 92-93 season

Post by brian bloomfield » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:44 pm

Won the league at Tring an amazing day for all

Statto
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Statto » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:56 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:44 pm
Won the league at Tring an amazing day for all
Not quite.

The win at Tring Town confirmed our promotion; it was the win in our next league game (at home to Thame United) that confirmed us as champions.

Old Bob
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Old Bob » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:33 am

Kidderminster Shots wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:47 pm
Now, this is a happy thread

Alive & Kicking
Simple Minds
Butler & Stairs
Ozzie's gonna get ya
Brian Broome's shorts
Cove & Camberley away
Being terrified by Leighton Buzzard
Well up 'arry
Flackwell Heath Keeper dropping his shorts to the Eastbank
On the pitch

I was 10 years old. Happy days
Shaun May's shinpads!

brian bloomfield
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:00 am
Location: Barcelona
Re: 92-93 season

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:38 pm

Statto wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:56 am
brian bloomfield wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:44 pm
Won the league at Tring an amazing day for all
Not quite.

The win at Tring Town confirmed our promotion; it was the win in our next league game (at home to Thame United) that confirmed us as champions.
Great season all round

Boundary Mike
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:39 am
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Boundary Mike » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:15 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:52 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm
Clapton away has the wrong date.
Our first defeat I believe, 3-2?
They've been doing some great work on refurbishing this ground, some great photos here; https://g.co/kgs/62cexs

Also the best name for a football ground ever :)

Kevin Carlin
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Kevin Carlin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:40 pm

A great season and some wonderful memories, everybody at the club pulling in the same direction. Still remember some of the away clubs fans and staff faces when we turned up in huge numbers.

Bob
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Bob » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:01 pm

SteveyAsp wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:45 pm
Statto wrote:
SteveyAsp wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:25 pm
I've always had a way with words Image
Actually, thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that you prefixed your phrase with "I don't f*****g believe this!" 8)
Yup, I think those were the exact words when we were 2-0 down at half-time....I'm still saying it quite often Image
I would go as far as to say we were actually 3-2 up at HT despite trailing 2-0 after about 27 minutes

Fuggletim
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Fuggletim » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:10 pm

brian bloomfield wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:44 pm
Won the league at Tring an amazing day for all
The "Jumbo" crowd of 747 with the British Airways version flying over to confirm the joke a few minutes after it was announced!

redandbluescb
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: 92-93 season

Post by redandbluescb » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:25 pm

I still remember turning up at Collier Row and thinking oh my god. Brilliant time though
those first few seasons even Atherton away.

Bob
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Bob » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:00 pm

The replay at Atherton I remember watching Danny Holmes celebrate when we won the toss to stage the 2nd replay, Carrow road 🦜on a Friday night here we come, that Darren O’Neil miss 😩

Bob
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Bob » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:33 am
Kidderminster Shots wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:47 pm
Now, this is a happy thread

Alive & Kicking
Simple Minds
Butler & Stairs
Ozzie's gonna get ya
Brian Broome's shorts
Cove & Camberley away
Being terrified by Leighton Buzzard
Well up 'arry
Flackwell Heath Keeper dropping his shorts to the Eastbank
On the pitch

I was 10 years old. Happy days
Shaun May's shinpads!
Northwoods equaliser in about the 98th minute, a rare low for that season!

Birdman
Posts: 1143
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Birdman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:31 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:00 pm
The replay at Atherton I remember watching Danny Holmes celebrate when we won the toss to stage the 2nd replay, Carrow road 🦜on a Friday night here we come, that Darren O’Neil miss 😩
Ahh, that replay. One of their players suffered a broken leg in the 1st half if I remember correctly. Possible Stuart Udal involvement (nothing dirty, just a tackle). Our ‘keeper taking a kick at a back pass (not under any real pressure) but it bobbled and he missed it and ended up kicking air. Fortunately he managed to retrieve the situation. The one that sticks out for me though is of one of our players late in the 2nd half being put clean through on goal about 35 yards out but he stopped, thinking that he was offside. The moment was lost.

Bob
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Bob » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:34 pm

I remember that long haired gentleman from Liverpool being an annoying pest

Birdman
Posts: 1143
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Birdman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:34 pm
I remember that long haired gentleman from Liverpool being an annoying pest
Indeed. And Graham Brookland doing an April Fool (can’t recall what publication) saying that we’d signed him.

Bob
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: 92-93 season

Post by Bob » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:53 pm

I would say Atherton ( 1994) and Ebbsfleet ( 2008) were our 2 best opportunities to get to Wembley, will 2022 be 3rd time lucky?


Post Reply