Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Kevin Carlin
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Kevin Carlin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:27 pm

Statto wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:12 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:14 pm
I have to say from first hand knowledge, Rob puts a lot of hard work into commentary work, he deserves a lot of credit and ensures he does not impose any biased sways.

I also think the Club is trying extremely hard not only sorting out streaming issues but trying to make it much more of a match day entertainment visit.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with him being biased. Commentators from other clubs are biased as are some reporters for the BBC - the guy who used to report on Crawley for example. Let the "real you" come through, Rob 8)
Totally agree Pete, sometimes I think he goes too much out of his away not to been seen as biased.

Bob
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Bob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:32 pm

Done the stream once and once is enough for me, kept breaking up every 4 seconds, bugger that!

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Well Statto (and Kevin) bit shocked a stat king like yerself would prefer a more coloured briefing :lol:

Think Rob has got it about right ....... although his censorship at my near to bone quips when appearing as a guest somewhat hampers my freestyle radio act, that can knock the wind from me sails !!! Also means I’m paying my scriptwriters for nothing :wink: :lol:

Statto
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Statto » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:13 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 pm
Well Statto (and Kevin) bit shocked a stat king like yerself would prefer a more coloured briefing :lol:

Think Rob has got it about right ....... although his censorship at my near to bone quips when appearing as a guest somewhat hampers my freestyle radio act, that can knock the wind from me sails !!! Also means I’m paying my scriptwriters for nothing :wink:
Nowt controversial intended JimBob - merely stating that I wouldn't mind Rob being partial :)

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 2809
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Kevin Carlin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:54 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:20 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:57 am
We probably need to do the same with the mixed prices to watch.
I'm sure there wont be many and even less if the technology keeps letting us down, but there maybe a few willing to pay over the odds to help the club.
At £15 it's still effectively cheaper than being there.

I going to wait for 2 more games to take place with no tech issues and then I might watch the odd game . I am more than happy to drop into the Radio commentary from time to time. Rob gets better and better in my opinion.
Rob does a great job! Really enjoy his interaction with his guest (s)
I still feel he can be abit negative at times
He mainly commentates on defeats and awful performances. How anyone can expect him to be more positive watching Shots football is beyond me.

I think he has improved loads since the early days and I really enjoy listening to him.

Redshot66
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:19 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Redshot66 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:14 pm
Kevin Carlin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:54 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:20 am


Rob does a great job! Really enjoy his interaction with his guest (s)
I still feel he can be abit negative at times
He mainly commentates on defeats and awful performances. How anyone can expect him to be more positive watching Shots football is beyond me.

I think he has improved loads since the early days and I really enjoy listening to him.
Yawn

chimpster99
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by chimpster99 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Today's stream starts at 2.45. We seem to be one of very few clubs that have a decent build-up to the matches.

Shots1954
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Shots1954 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Statto wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:12 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:14 pm
I have to say from first hand knowledge, Rob puts a lot of hard work into commentary work, he deserves a lot of credit and ensures he does not impose any biased sways.

I also think the Club is trying extremely hard not only sorting out streaming issues but trying to make it much more of a match day entertainment visit.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with him being biased. Commentators from other clubs are biased as are some reporters for the BBC - the guy who used to report on Crawley for example. Let the "real you" come through, Rob whilst I'm enjoying your radio commentary tomorrow 8)
Totally agree!👍

Alex
Posts: 726
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Alex » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:04 pm

Redshot66 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:18 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:14 pm
Kevin Carlin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:54 pm


I still feel he can be abit negative at times
He mainly commentates on defeats and awful performances. How anyone can expect him to be more positive watching Shots football is beyond me.

I think he has improved loads since the early days and I really enjoy listening to him.
Yawn
👍🏻

Kidderminster Shots
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:44 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Kidderminster Shots » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:13 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:44 pm
Statto wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:12 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:14 pm
I have to say from first hand knowledge, Rob puts a lot of hard work into commentary work, he deserves a lot of credit and ensures he does not impose any biased sways.

I also think the Club is trying extremely hard not only sorting out streaming issues but trying to make it much more of a match day entertainment visit.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with him being biased. Commentators from other clubs are biased as are some reporters for the BBC - the guy who used to report on Crawley for example. Let the "real you" come through, Rob whilst I'm enjoying your radio commentary tomorrow 8)
Totally agree!👍
Having listened to the Woking defeat on the radio a few weeks back, I've changed my view on this. Gav Dennison and whoever it was from Woking's entourage alongside him, were pretty much cheerleading Woking the whole game. It was the most biased commentary I've ever heard. It was horrible. I used to think the whole radio 5live approach was the way to go, all neutral and professional. Not now. Hope Rob goes for it. Shots all the way.

Shotaway
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 2:44 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Shotaway » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Personally I think Rob does an excellent job.

Kevin Carlin
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by Kevin Carlin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Could the camera be any further away

King Kauto
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 6:19 pm
Re: Saturday’s Stream Info v Wrexham

Post by King Kauto » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Camera much better now, and how good is it to see more of the pitch due to the high camera position. Something we should be looking at doing.


Post Reply