George Borg - Alt Int Episode 5 now available **24th Feb**

Kappadeano
George Borg - Alt Int Episode 5 now available **24th Feb**

Post by Kappadeano » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:25 pm

The Alternative Interview - Series 5 - Preview - https://youtu.be/gcbA3-RPmGM
Last edited by Kappadeano on Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:35 am, edited 5 times in total.

ians
Re: George Borg

Post by ians » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:48 pm

Looking forward to this one!

Kappadeano
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 1 now available

Post by Kappadeano » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:58 pm

A bit of Sunday afternoon viewing. Series 5 of The Alternative Interview with George Borg Episode 1. Kindly sponsored by Terry Owens

https://youtu.be/I2h9Qt1oh-c

Kappadeano

Post by Kappadeano » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:07 pm

And a bit more Sunday afternoon viewing with John Grant and the final episode of his Alternative Interview

https://youtu.be/EQ8ZfcR9Ujw

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:43 pm

Kappadeano wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:07 pm
And a bit more Sunday afternoon viewing with John Grant and the final episode of his Alternative Interview

My favourite of all the interviews so far...great that he still looks out for the club. Very pleased that JG recommended 5/6 names of good non league players, who are now higher up the pyramid in L2 and L1.

Pity we didn`t sign any of them. Anyways a big well done to all concerned with these interviews. Nice to look back along the way, at how many players felt about playing for the Shots back in the day

Sadly I don`t feel a connection with the current regime- In fact I posted such last week on hearing about Ron Rafferty`s passing. It makes me realise how lucky the club were to have players that loved it- and stayed clear of injuries.

Please keep these interviews coming. I would rather post on this subject rather than a match day thread with the current squad

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:46 pm

One of my most enjoyable times watching our club when George was in control.

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:08 pm

shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:43 pm
Kappadeano wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:07 pm

My favourite of all the interviews so far...great that he still looks out for the club. Very pleased that JG recommended 5/6 names of good non league players, who are now higher up the pyramid in L2 and L1.

Pity we didn`t sign any of them. Anyways a big well done to all concerned with these interviews. Nice to look back along the way, at how many players felt about playing for the Shots back in the day

Sadly I don`t feel a connection with the current regime- In fact I posted such last week on hearing about Ron Rafferty`s passing. It makes me realise how lucky the club were to have players that loved it- and stayed clear of injuries.

Please keep these interviews coming. I would rather post on this subject rather than a match day thread with the current squad
Totally agree with you specially about the injury situation, what the hell is wrong with current day footballers particularly our bunch

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm

What a character George was. Enjoyed his tenure too and look forward to the rest of the interview. Another proper football man like Terry Brown but with a very different personality.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:25 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm
What a character George was. Enjoyed his tenure too and look forward to the rest of the interview. Another proper football man like Terry Brown but with a very different personality.
It was a good listen !, probably wouldn't get on in todays football World, as I doubt most modern footballers would be able to handle his style, but what a few years we had.....!!

James E

Post by James E » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 pm

"Totally agree with you specially about the injury situation, what the hell is wrong with current day footballers particularly our bunch"

The reason why modern footballers are more prone to injuries is simply that they are fitter than those of previous generations. The higher-intensity training that is used today brings far greater risk of muscular injuries, in particular.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:56 pm

James E wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 pm
"Totally agree with you specially about the injury situation, what the hell is wrong with current day footballers particularly our bunch"

The reason why modern footballers are more prone to injuries is simply that they are fitter than those of previous generations. The higher-intensity training that is used today brings far greater risk of muscular injuries, in particular.
Plus the wafer thin boot material.
Need to get back to those big thick leather boots with metal studs.
Think the Woking keeper already wears the old ones and had filed the studs into points :oops:

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:15 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:56 pm
James E wrote:

Think the Woking keeper already wears the old ones and had filed the studs into points :oops:
The old boots went up around the ankles and gave a lot more support, mind you it was hard to bend your foot, Shin pads were bigger in the old days as well.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:21 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:15 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
James E wrote:

The old boots went up around the ankles and gave a lot more support, mind you it was hard to bend your foot, Shin pads were bigger in the old days as well.
They made ‘you’ look as though your shins had muscles. One pair that I had were strengthened with sticks of cane. And yes, they were shop bought, not home made.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:26 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:21 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:15 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:

They made ‘you’ look as though your shins had muscles. One pair that I had were strengthened with sticks of cane.
Wow. I remember the cane stripped shin pads. We are old Birdy :-)

Kappadeano
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 2 now available

Post by Kappadeano » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:06 pm

The Alternative Interview with George Borg Episode 2 can be found here..... https://youtu.be/GEyOUuD6rV8