George Borg - Alt Int Episode 5 now available **24th Feb**

15-4-08
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:56 pm
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 1 now available

Post by 15-4-08 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:07 pm

shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:43 pm
Kappadeano wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:07 pm
And a bit more Sunday afternoon viewing with John Grant and the final episode of his Alternative Interview

https://youtu.be/EQ8ZfcR9Ujw
My favourite of all the interviews so far...great that he still looks out for the club. Very pleased that JG recommended 5/6 names of good non league players, who are now higher up the pyramid in L2 and L1.

Pity we didn`t sign any of them. Anyways a big well done to all concerned with these interviews. Nice to look back along the way, at how many players felt about playing for the Shots back in the day

Sadly I don`t feel a connection with the current regime- In fact I posted such last week on hearing about Ron Rafferty`s passing. It makes me realise how lucky the club were to have players that loved it- and stayed clear of injuries.

Please keep these interviews coming. I would rather post on this subject rather than a match day thread with the current squad
The current regime don’t feel a connection with the club. That’s why they want to delete our history, change our badge (“for marketing purposes” my eye!!), “We weren’t here when that happened/was won, so let’s erase it”!! 😡

Kappadeano
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Contact:
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 2 now available

Post by Kappadeano » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:42 pm

Sadly 15-4-08 I feel the same. I can’t quite believe that the official clubs various social media sites do not promote the old player/manager interviews that I’ve put on. Maybe it’s me! Who knows? But I’ll try to put the old stuff out there for all to view. Controversial or not.
Maybe it says something that Terry Owens is kindly sponsoring the Alternative Interview. Covers the monthly Zoom fee, many thanks Terry, legend.

15-4-08
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:56 pm
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 2 now available

Post by 15-4-08 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:05 pm

Kappadeano wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:42 pm
Sadly 15-4-08 I feel the same. I can’t quite believe that the official clubs various social media sites do not promote the old player/manager interviews that I’ve put on. Maybe it’s me! Who knows? But I’ll try to put the old stuff out there for all to view. Controversial or not.
Maybe it says something that Terry Owens is kindly sponsoring the Alternative Interview. Covers the monthly Zoom fee, many thanks Terry, legend.
It’s because the current regime didn’t think of it and they can’t lay claim to anything that you’re doing.

Keep up the good work. 🤘🏻👍🏻

Triggers Broom
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:25 am
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 1 now available

Post by Triggers Broom » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:18 am

15-4-08 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:07 pm
shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:43 pm
Kappadeano wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:07 pm
And a bit more Sunday afternoon viewing with John Grant and the final episode of his Alternative Interview

https://youtu.be/EQ8ZfcR9Ujw
My favourite of all the interviews so far...great that he still looks out for the club. Very pleased that JG recommended 5/6 names of good non league players, who are now higher up the pyramid in L2 and L1.

Pity we didn`t sign any of them. Anyways a big well done to all concerned with these interviews. Nice to look back along the way, at how many players felt about playing for the Shots back in the day

Sadly I don`t feel a connection with the current regime- In fact I posted such last week on hearing about Ron Rafferty`s passing. It makes me realise how lucky the club were to have players that loved it- and stayed clear of injuries.

Please keep these interviews coming. I would rather post on this subject rather than a match day thread with the current squad
The current regime don’t feel a connection with the club. That’s why they want to delete our history, change our badge (“for marketing purposes” my eye!!), “We weren’t here when that happened/was won, so let’s erase it”!! 😡
You can’t delete history!

Where/when have the BoD said they want to change our badge? I’ve never heard/seen of this! I will be most displeased if it’s true!

Kevin Carlin
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 1 now available

Post by Kevin Carlin » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:26 am

Triggers Broom wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:18 am
15-4-08 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:07 pm
shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:43 pm


My favourite of all the interviews so far...great that he still looks out for the club. Very pleased that JG recommended 5/6 names of good non league players, who are now higher up the pyramid in L2 and L1.

Pity we didn`t sign any of them. Anyways a big well done to all concerned with these interviews. Nice to look back along the way, at how many players felt about playing for the Shots back in the day

Sadly I don`t feel a connection with the current regime- In fact I posted such last week on hearing about Ron Rafferty`s passing. It makes me realise how lucky the club were to have players that loved it- and stayed clear of injuries.

Please keep these interviews coming. I would rather post on this subject rather than a match day thread with the current squad
The current regime don’t feel a connection with the club. That’s why they want to delete our history, change our badge (“for marketing purposes” my eye!!), “We weren’t here when that happened/was won, so let’s erase it”!! 😡
You can’t delete history!

Where/when have the BoD said they want to change our badge? I’ve never heard/seen of this! I will be most displeased if it’s true!
Badge has already been changed from when the new club started again in 1992

Triggers Broom
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:25 am
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 1 now available

Post by Triggers Broom » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:29 am

Kevin Carlin wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:26 am
Triggers Broom wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:18 am
15-4-08 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:07 pm
The current regime don’t feel a connection with the club. That’s why they want to delete our history, change our badge (“for marketing purposes” my eye!!), “We weren’t here when that happened/was won, so let’s erase it”!! 😡
You can’t delete history!

Where/when have the BoD said they want to change our badge? I’ve never heard/seen of this! I will be most displeased if it’s true!
Badge has already been changed from when the new club started again in 1992
Thanks Kevin

Jonty1
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:21 am
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 2 now available

Post by Jonty1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:22 pm

Can’t wait for episode 3

stevieshot
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Guildford
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 2 now available

Post by stevieshot » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:19 pm

I wasn't too bothered about listening to George Borg interviews, but I have to say I was wrong.
This has been my favourite interview so far, the man is a real character, with The Shots in his heart.
He has a great relationship with GB, and what he said about MB, was a very big thing to admit.
Thank you to everyone involved.

Kappadeano
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Contact:
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 3 now available **10th Feb**

Post by Kappadeano » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Episode 3 can be found here https://youtu.be/jKcaI7VFHSU

Jason
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:18 pm
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 3 now available **10th Feb**

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:21 pm

How many episodes are there going to be in the George Borg series?

I tend to prefer to wait until they are all uploaded and watch them in one go.

stevieshot
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Guildford
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 3 now available **10th Feb**

Post by stevieshot » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:59 am

Brilliant again, Thank you

15-4-08
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:56 pm
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 1 now available

Post by 15-4-08 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:37 am

Triggers Broom wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:18 am
15-4-08 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:07 pm
shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:43 pm


My favourite of all the interviews so far...great that he still looks out for the club. Very pleased that JG recommended 5/6 names of good non league players, who are now higher up the pyramid in L2 and L1.

Pity we didn`t sign any of them. Anyways a big well done to all concerned with these interviews. Nice to look back along the way, at how many players felt about playing for the Shots back in the day

Sadly I don`t feel a connection with the current regime- In fact I posted such last week on hearing about Ron Rafferty`s passing. It makes me realise how lucky the club were to have players that loved it- and stayed clear of injuries.

Please keep these interviews coming. I would rather post on this subject rather than a match day thread with the current squad
The current regime don’t feel a connection with the club. That’s why they want to delete our history, change our badge (“for marketing purposes” my eye!!), “We weren’t here when that happened/was won, so let’s erase it”!! 😡
You can’t delete history!

Where/when have the BoD said they want to change our badge? I’ve never heard/seen of this! I will be most displeased if it’s true!
Didn’t the blue and white version of the badge used to have 1992 on it? And wasn’t that replaced with The Shots because the board didn’t want to be associated with the club’s beginnings? Or have I just woken up from a dream?

Wanderer
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm
Location: Godalming
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 1 now available

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:10 am

[/quote]Didn’t the blue and white version of the badge used to have 1992 on it? And wasn’t that replaced with The Shots because the board didn’t want to be associated with the club’s beginnings? Or have I just woken up from a dream?
[/quote]

But the badge has been changed of a few occasions, in 2004 in went from the multi-coloured version to the blue and white original over copyright issues, then later on, the 1992 was replaced with "The Rising Phoenix", with 1992 reduced in size and put under the phoenix. From 2013 "The Rising Phoenix" has been replaced by "The Shots" and 1992 has been removed, but 1992 has no relevance to the present legal company because the current company was only formed in 2013.
1992 has as much relevance as having 1926 on the badge surely.

Kevin Carlin
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 3 now available **10th Feb**

Post by Kevin Carlin » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:05 pm

1992 should never have been removed in the first ad that’s when the new club started.

sugrues flying headbutt
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 pm
Location: Guildford
Re: George Borg - Alt Int Episode 3 now available **10th Feb**

Post by sugrues flying headbutt » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:31 pm

Love this series of episodes. Borg still wears his heart on his sleeve, it was certainly entertaining to watch his sides both on the pitch and in the dugout. It is also a refreshing contrast to the UEFA licensed managers of today, and perhaps some of the more negative tactics.

Under George the game plan was simple, get the ball wide to the wingers and put crosses into the box. Gary Abbott, Roy Young and Joe Nartey were usually in there waiting and it must have been great to be on the end of such a good service from the likes of Hathaway, Sugrue etc (maybe less so Russ Watkinson).

The footage of the season with Gary Abbott up front is quite incredible. It was like he was in 'cheat mode' in the box scoring with his head and both feet and looking back its no wonder he got over 50 goals in a season. Rose tinted spectacles but I dont remember Abbott missing many in the box. He could have played at any level and scored a hatful.

The Bromley league cup semi final was hilarious. I never used to leave the ground early but I did on that occasion at about 90 minutes as it was a school night, with the Shots 1-0 up on the night and up a goal on aggregate. While walking from the Rec to the station there was a gasp from the ground but I thought nothing of it. Turns out Bromley had equalised in injury time and the game had gone to extra time, with Abbott rescuing it right at the death in extra time.


Post Reply